BFTG - Stevenage

217 posts
alfie9

Re: BFTG - Stevenage

by alfie9 » 06 Jan 2018 20:08

Drop McShane indefinitely, give Gunter the armband. Ilori and Moore need a run of games playing alongside each other, that should be our long term plan.

Oh, and start lining up a dinosaur for a six month contract. We are in serious trouble now

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jan 2018 20:10

alfie9 Drop McShane indefinitely, give Gunter the armband. Ilori and Moore need a run of games playing alongside each other, that should be our long term plan.

Oh, and start lining up a dinosaur for a six month contract. We are in serious trouble now

The way things are going he can play who he likes and we won’t improve much

But Gunter-Moore-Ilori-Richards should have been the back 4 for the last 2 months now

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Jan 2018 20:13

Sutekh Dont think the problem is the players really, think the problem is simply the management making a simple game over complicated and confusing

The game is simple. Kelly and JVB today stood out again as serial underperformers. Simply not good enough to play football at this level.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 06 Jan 2018 20:21

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 06 Jan 2018 20:22

Up steps Chris Gunter. Some of our “fans” need to have a look at themselves https://twitter.com/chrisgunter16/statu ... 6291273728

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Jan 2018 20:24

Lower West
Sutekh Dont think the problem is the players really, think the problem is simply the management making a simple game over complicated and confusing

The game is simple. Kelly and JVB today stood out again as serial underperformers. Simply not good enough to play football at this level.

I'm gonna stick up for JVB, I like him, he's had some really good games when in midfield or protecting the back four, but put him in defence he's a liability. He's not a defender. I just don't get why Stam can't see that. I like his attitude but it does get him in trouble.
Kelly I've moaned about for for months......every time he starts we are shit. He gets the ball, looks up, and then takes ages to know what to do with it. That's no good at this level. His always over hits his passes as well. I agree, he just isn't good enough.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jan 2018 20:24

Well, fair play Guntz for the interaction........

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jan 2018 20:26

parky

I am not a fan of Gunter. I've wanted to see the back of him for about three years and I think his performances are insipid and symptomatic of everything wrong with our performances. He's nailed that message though. Well done.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Jan 2018 20:32

Completely agree with Gunter there, if people indeed were doing sarcastic chants from minute 1, what the oxf*rd was the point of going? If you're going there expecting a poor performance and only intend to spread sarcastic and negative chants then kindly oxf*rd off. Probably doesn't apply to anyone on here anyway.

wiggso

by wiggso » 06 Jan 2018 20:35

I was at the game today and the vast majority didn't sing the pretty shameful songs that were sung.

The vast majority turned up to support the team, the vast majority wanted to be positive and see a performance fitting of the amount of their salary they spent on getting to the game.
Yet again we didn't.

If people paid to watch me at work and I came up with that quality then is expect a lot worse than a few booboo songs.

Who is speaking for the loyal fans that turn up and don't abuse the team?

Old Boy Blue

by Old Boy Blue » 06 Jan 2018 20:37

You mean well Chris but pity you dont show the sane passion in making a tackle or stopping a cross!
Dont you think we are all very disappointed with the shambles the management and players have become since Wembley? The season is going from bad to worse and to be told by Stam, Gourlay and some players that you are working hard to put it right week after week just dorsnt wash.
What you do on the field is what matters and it is just not good enough.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Jan 2018 20:38

wiggso I was at the game today and the vast majority didn't sing the pretty shameful songs that were sung.

The vast majority turned up to support the team, the vast majority wanted to be positive and see a performance fitting of the amount of their salary they spent on getting to the game.
Yet again we didn't.

If people paid to watch me at work and I came up with that quality then is expect a lot worse than a few booboo songs.

He did acknowledge it's the minority singing the negative songs but it shows the players definitely noticed, not to say they don't deserve some of the negativity towards them right now but to do it from the start of the match is pretty oxf*rd embarrassing.

wiggso

by wiggso » 06 Jan 2018 20:40

tidus_mi2
wiggso I was at the game today and the vast majority didn't sing the pretty shameful songs that were sung.

Yet again we didn't.

He did acknowledge it's the minority singing the negative songs but it shows the players definitely noticed, not to say they don't deserve some of the negativity towards them right now but to do it from the start of the match is pretty oxf*rd embarrassing.

Agreed.. I'm not defending them

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Jan 2018 20:42

wiggso
tidus_mi2

Yet again we didn't.

Agreed.. I'm not defending them

I totally get you, I wasn't trying to imply you were defending them, you made it quite clear in your opening sentence.

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 06 Jan 2018 20:43

But I'm afraid Christopher is wrong with his post. Even J Low commented on his Twitter feed the clearly audible singing of Japp Stams barmy army before the game.

After about 15 minutes, a "we're the left side" chant started, always an indication that the games is p**s boring.

I'd guess about midway through the first half was the first rumblings, with the sarcastic, rather than nasty "pass the ball back, it's Japp Stam's way"

Only later in the half, after our 2 shots did the slightly more sarcastic "how s**t must you be" start up and the less appealing "we fvcking s**t" start up.

So no Christopher, were the unpleasant chants from the start of the game as you incorrectly state and lets face facts, what would be more appropriate, a rendition of "we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen". I think not sir!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 06 Jan 2018 20:43

Well said, Chris Gunter.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 06 Jan 2018 20:48

Hound
alfie9 Drop McShane indefinitely, give Gunter the armband. Ilori and Moore need a run of games playing alongside each other, that should be our long term plan.

The way things are going he can play who he likes and we won’t improve much

But Gunter-Moore-Ilori-Richards should have been the back 4 for the last 2 months now
i

I've said it before but anyone who went to Derby away must be mystified by a number of things

Why did Richards not play left back again until today? He had a debut to remember. Just outstanding and no mistakes I can think of

Why hasn't Bacuna played in front of defence again? He dominated the game and we played sublime football (really) with first time passes played to our team and people running into space and going for and getting return passes

Instead we have had to put up with JVDB and his permanent liability in waiting
At the same time McShane has slowed down and his game has disintegrated

So yes a combo of Gunter-Moore-Ilori-Richards should have been used. Plus Blackett if wanting a back five

The squad is good and just needs good selection and consistency. It's really not that difficult

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jan 2018 20:49

And now McShane...

https://twitter.com/pmacca15/status/949752329418498050

I'm glad they've come out and said something.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jan 2018 20:54

I don't like the use of "true fans" but well said. Gunter and McShane have handled the aftermath of this very well.

Melton Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Melton, New York, Paris & Dubai - but mostly Melton and just outside the lockdown zone

by Melton Royal » 06 Jan 2018 20:56

Having supported Reading for 50+ years, I can't remember a season where the fans have been so divided & divisive against the players & management. Social media doesn't help but it's the way things are done now

Fans need to get behind the team - players need to understand the fans frustrations

Let's all stick together & turn this around not widen that division

Gets tin hat on ready for the salvos!! :D

217 posts