BFTG - Stevenage

217 posts
quickwingerswife

Re: BFTG - Stevenage

by quickwingerswife » 06 Jan 2018 20:57

Absolute bollocks Gunter. You don’t give a shit. You know nothing about our history. Sod off.

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 06 Jan 2018 21:05

And take that Exhibition Football Prat, Stam, with you. Now sod off.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Jan 2018 21:05

I think the comments from McShane and Gunter are from the heart. Much as I want Stam out I want to see the team win and if that means Stam gets to stay so be it. However if we continue with the current painfully laboured style of play it’s difficult to see how we can get behind the players because it’s all so insipid.

When we play Brentford in our next home game we desperately need an early go to give the supporters something to back.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jan 2018 21:06

Snowflake Royal I don't like the use of "true fans" but well said. Gunter and McShane have handled the aftermath of this very well.
....and at last inter-bloody-action with their fans!

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 06 Jan 2018 21:08

Mcshane always gives it his all and claps the away fans, today he made a big mistake but has reconised it and i think he deserves another chance.
A truly awful game, one of the worst ive seen in all my years. Kelly is a young talented player who prob overperformed abit last season but we should really get behind him or he could go elsewhere, at least he shows passion which is more i can say about Barrow and Bacuna who look totally disinterested. We need to stay together or it could all fall apart

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jan 2018 21:15

Fair play to them both for communicating, though still a big error on McShanes behalf first up

Gunter has come out of this well. Prob the only one

Sadly this is mainly the fault of the manager. It’s been allowed to turn very nasty very quickly and I can’t see a favourable outcome with him still in charge.

Lose at Hull and I suspect it’s all going to come to a head when the owners are here vs Brentford

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 06 Jan 2018 21:19

Aaaaaww Im really sorry to hear that players on big wages are upset because the fanbase vent their frustrations at them.
For their info it cost me with tickets, train travel etc around 100 notes.

At least these prima donnas don't have to stand there in the cold watching an insipid performance against a side two leagues below. We were lucky today as Stevenage deserved the win.
All I ask is that they try and they will get my full support. I don't mind if we lose if we lose trying!

I was pissed off after Birmingham, but today I had enough. I will not be going to the replay and I say that with a heavy heart.

There is something inherently wrong with Reading FC from whoever our owners are right through to the playing staff.
I'm done with this club at the moment.

Please Stam just go. I want my club back!

gdroyal

by gdroyal » 06 Jan 2018 21:23

I really don't know what to think about everything that went on today. I guess the result is not a disaster but it would have been much better to have done the job today. Looking at the other results, it looks like a number of other clubs have struggled against lower league opposition.

Onto the main topic though - I really don't know what to make of the whole players not coming over initially. I thought a very small section of supporters were not right to be going against the team from such an early point in the game. I felt some of the anger directed towards Jaakola every time we had a goal kick. I really don't know what he was supposed to do. He had McShane and Joey with two attackers on them, then two wingers up front who would have no chance of winning the header. I think the chants are fair if you are 2-0 down after 88 mins, but not at 0-0 in the first half. I can actually see why the players didn't feel particularly in favour of coming over, but I'm pleased they did in the end. I've not missed a game since August and I think it is sad to see the current divide between players and fans.

I hope today might be the turning point, I think Hull away is quite a good game to have next week, where there probably won't be any negative chanting from our 300 fans and the team hopefully have learnt from today and make a new start.

Fair play to Gunts and McShane for their comments this evening.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Jan 2018 21:33

Royality creeps In Please Stam just go. I want my club back!

Simply changing the manager yet again may not do that. The club has changed beyond all recognition.

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 06 Jan 2018 21:42

Frightening times now. Stoke have just dumped Hughes. Stam is on his way out. Odds on we get another miserable bastard in who can’t communicate with players or fans. What odds Hughes with a villa in Sonning soon? 5/1 ?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jan 2018 21:46

he wouldn’t accept the pay drop.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Jan 2018 21:48

AthleticoSpizz he wouldn’t accept the pay drop.

Probably more than happy to take a time out.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 06 Jan 2018 22:01

wiggso I was at the game today and the vast majority didn't sing the pretty shameful songs that were sung.

The vast majority turned up to support the team, the vast majority wanted to be positive and see a performance fitting of the amount of their salary they spent on getting to the game.
Yet again we didn't.

If people paid to watch me at work and I came up with that quality then is expect a lot worse than a few booboo songs.

Who is speaking for the loyal fans that turn up and don't abuse the team?

Sounded like most people were singing it to me and I'm sure that's the impression that the players and Stam got.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 06 Jan 2018 22:09

Lower West
AthleticoSpizz he wouldn’t accept the pay drop.

Probably more than happy to take a time out.

“Waiting for the right project”.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jan 2018 22:10

weeeellll.....Jaap Stam certainly isn’t in the running for the Stoke job

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 06 Jan 2018 22:13

tidus_mi2 Completely agree with Gunter there, if people indeed were doing sarcastic chants from minute 1, what the oxf*rd was the point of going? If you're going there expecting a poor performance and only intend to spread sarcastic and negative chants then kindly oxf*rd off. Probably doesn't apply to anyone on here anyway.

I joined in the negative chanting. Is bollocks that it was from the get-go. As stated by multiple sources, there was a fully supported chant of Jaap Stams Barmy Army pre-match and nothing negative until approaching halftime when it was clear that a team with no strikers, no wingers playing on the wing and a midfielder in defence, was going to come away with anything better than a 0-0 at a league 2 side, who tbh were unlucky not to nick it.

Gunter and McShane can come out and moan about the fans, and I respect them for actually engaging with us, but the fans anger and dismay is directly aimed at them.

Today was an utter shambles, as it has been since pre-season. No strikers, no pre-season, no idea.

wiggso

by wiggso » 06 Jan 2018 22:27

bcubed
wiggso I was at the game today and the vast majority didn't sing the pretty shameful songs that were sung.

The vast majority turned up to support the team, the vast majority wanted to be positive and see a performance fitting of the amount of their salary they spent on getting to the game.
Yet again we didn't.

If people paid to watch me at work and I came up with that quality then is expect a lot worse than a few booboo songs.

Who is speaking for the loyal fans that turn up and don't abuse the team?

Sounded like most people were singing it to me and I'm sure that's the impression that the players and Stam got.

People around me were pissed off at the chants. But yes I get your point... the players would have maybe thought a lot were singing.

But this social media stand off is now players vs booers

My point was...what about the fans who didn't chant and were massively pissed off. What side are we on? The players i guess but they have been oxf*rd oxf*rd

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Jan 2018 22:34

wiggso
bcubed People around me were pissed off at the chants.

Where they day trippers or the loyal fans that also witnessed Ipswich, Bristol and Barnsley debacles............

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Jan 2018 22:45

Just watched a snippet of Stam’s post match interview. He doesn’t look well. Bags under his eyes and looking demoralised. Sad to see.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Jan 2018 22:45

Just watched a snippet of Stam’s post match interview. He doesn’t look well. Bags under his eyes and looking demoralised. Sad to see.

217 posts