BFTG - Stevenage

217 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Stevenage

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jan 2018 22:58

Not exactly top-lined for MOTD tonight have we :?

Davezk

by Davezk » 06 Jan 2018 23:17

What were the chants that caused such offense?

double d

by double d » 06 Jan 2018 23:30

:lol: :lol: :lol:

+1

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 06 Jan 2018 23:35

Davezk What were the chants that caused such offense?

Pass it back, pass it back, Reading FC.
Pass it back, pass it back, I say.
Playing football, the Jaap Stam way.

How shit must you be, we've had a shot.

Followed by:
We want 2. We want 2. We want 2.

Then:

We want 3.
Last edited by Jagermesiter1871 on 07 Jan 2018 08:17, edited 1 time in total.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 06 Jan 2018 23:35

Davezk What were the chants that caused such offense?

These words not in this order

Pass it back, pass it back
Playing footbal the Jaap Stam way

double d

by double d » 06 Jan 2018 23:36

TiagoIlori Up steps Chris Gunter. Some of our “fans” need to have a look at themselves https://twitter.com/chrisgunter16/statu ... 6291273728

They are pathetic and don't deserve to support the team

double d

by double d » 06 Jan 2018 23:37

wiggso I was at the game today and the vast majority didn't sing the pretty shameful songs that were sung.

The vast majority turned up to support the team, the vast majority wanted to be positive and see a performance fitting of the amount of their salary they spent on getting to the game.
Yet again we didn't.

If people paid to watch me at work and I came up with that quality then is expect a lot worse than a few booboo songs.

Who is speaking for the loyal fans that turn up and don't abuse the team?

What did you hear sung?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 06 Jan 2018 23:43

double d
wiggso I was at the game today and the vast majority didn't sing the pretty shameful songs that were sung.

The vast majority turned up to support the team, the vast majority wanted to be positive and see a performance fitting of the amount of their salary they spent on getting to the game.
Yet again we didn't.

If people paid to watch me at work and I came up with that quality then is expect a lot worse than a few booboo songs.

Who is speaking for the loyal fans that turn up and don't abuse the team?

What did you hear sung?

See above posts

double d

by double d » 06 Jan 2018 23:47

quickwingerswife Absolute bollocks Gunter. You don’t give a shit. You know nothing about our history. Sod off.

You sod off. You know nothing about being a fan. You were probably one of the spotty little youths who couldn't handle their fosters on the train that was abusing the players I take it.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jan 2018 23:50

Jagermesiter1871 Pass it back, pass it back, Reading FC.
Playing football, the Jaap Stam way.

What's the tune to this?

double d

by double d » 06 Jan 2018 23:50

Jagermesiter1871
tidus_mi2 Completely agree with Gunter there, if people indeed were doing sarcastic chants from minute 1, what the oxf*rd was the point of going? If you're going there expecting a poor performance and only intend to spread sarcastic and negative chants then kindly oxf*rd off. Probably doesn't apply to anyone on here anyway.

No strikers, no pre-season, no idea.

Is that Stams idea of tenacity, spirit, flair?

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 06 Jan 2018 23:56

The customer is always right - and seeing as we are nothing more than "customers" now anyway, can't really see the problem with pointing out to the "vendors" that things have seldom been lower since we entered the 2nd tier. Even Terry the Taxi's period was better - at least the players said "oxf*rd this for a game of soldiers" and played their own way for a few games - Sunderland 4-0 win of October 97 springs to mind as a starting point for mini-revival

Oh look it up in Rothmans if you don;t believe me. Maybe you had to be there.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 07 Jan 2018 00:02

At least it was entertaining watching Stevenage

They may have lesser quality players but how nice to see a team hungry for a win, quicker to the ball and more decisive and more aggressive than any of our team. They wanted it more and can consider themselves very unlucky not to get the win.

If I were a Stevenage fan and this is typical I wouldn't mind watching this sort of thing every week!

La Flama Blanca

by La Flama Blanca » 07 Jan 2018 00:18

It was actually:

Pass it back pass it back Reading FC
Pass it back pass it back I say
Pass it back pass it back Reading FC
Playing football the Jaap Stam way

We're drawing away. How sh*t must you be, we're drawing away

Plus others. Thought it was better than regurgitated United songs about Stam as a defender...

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 07 Jan 2018 00:19

Good for Gunter and McShane.
However I think most of us would prefer at least some explanation or insight as to why everything has gone so tits up this season. We just want someone to give some reason to why McShane is suddenly half the player he was last season in ability and speed. Why is it suddenly no one can pass a ball? Why won’t anyone make any movement off the ball or a fast counter attack? Etc etc.
They must know, that to us, it looks like no one gives a toss and that’s what’s pissing us all off.
If they keep burying their heads in the sand saying stick with it or to come up with some PR bullshit sound bite a la Stam we aren’t going to be satisfied.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 07 Jan 2018 01:04

Melton Royal Fans need to get behind the team - players need to understand the fans frustrations.

Well said MR. It is a two-way relationship and that relationship has broken down which can only be bad for the immediate future of the club we love. So all kudos to the two senior players who have spoken from their hearts and I, for one, appreciate their honesty and concern. I would hope that they are being equally honest with Stam and that there is open communication between players and management to address mutual concerns.

Melton Royal Let's all stick together & turn this around not widen that division

That is the only way forward! The players need to appreciate that we will be here supporting the team in 5, 10, 20 years time when they will be gone and (partially, at least) forgotten. But we need to appreciate that we can encourage and lift the current team and manager for the remainder of this year ... and that's the only way we can turn this situation around.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Jan 2018 01:19

Gunters come out of this really well. Fair play.

McShane has basically had a tantrum and now is trying to back track. Not really impressed.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 07 Jan 2018 03:08

One of the main reasons I have attended just one game in the last 2 months is that I don't blame the players and don't wish to take my frustrations out on them.

I'm not Chris Gunter's greatest fan but totally respected the response he gave after getting stick at The Mad Stad recently. He said if the players don't play as instructed by the manager, they will not stay in the team.

Actually I would go further and say, if there's one thing worse than having to watch this sh*te every week, it must be having to go out on the pitch in front of tens of thousands of fans knowing the way you are being asked to play will rarely produce the results they are looking for, and even when it does, it will still represent a poor afternoon's entertainment.

I honestly think this, regardless of what McShane and Gunter have said this evening, is what we are witnessing these days,

Most matches start with some enthusiastic passing and the opposition seeing little of the ball, until they get down the other end on one of their first attacks and we concede a soft goal. At that point the heads go down because, again, regardless of what they say on Twitter, they know as well as we do that from then on the match is lost but have no choice but to go through the motions for another hour or more as the stick from the stands steadily builds. Not nice, to say the least.

While they can have a pop at the fans, if they did the same to the manager they'd get fined, lose their place in the side and probably end up training with the kids. Who knows, this might be might what's happened to Popa and others who we rarely see these days :|

Listening to the post match phone in tonight, I don't think there was one call or text in support of Stam. Almost all of us it seems has had enough and if the CEO is happy to sit on his hands as we drift towards Division One, we need to make it clear it's not acceptable.

In my view, empty blue seats sends a better message than booing the players, especially if Gourlay genuinely believes he and Stam can get away with serving up this sh*t indefinitely.

Billionaires have a nasty habit of spotting lost revenue.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 07 Jan 2018 03:47

Snowflake Royal I don't like the use of "true fans".

Absolutely this. Whilst it's all great and admirable they've actually said something (easily done from behind a computer screen) they're not actually taking full responsibility, but in fact furthering the disconnect with the fan base. Because someone boos they aren't a true fan? Yeah ok. Some will be pcunts sure but a lot of these people care so deeply about the team and club which you useless pcunts are making a mockery of.

So honestly I'm less enthused at gunts and mcshane's e-apologies.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 07 Jan 2018 06:44

So when I see one of our fairly highly paid defenders flapping around with the ball before misplacing a backwards pass straight to an oposing forward, You want me to "Pull Together and be supportive and back the players"? oxf*rd off.

217 posts