FA Cup Round 4 Draw

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: FA Cup Round 4 Draw

by andrew1957 » 09 Jan 2018 16:55

The way RFC have been playing Stevenage must be hot favourites for the replay and so I don't think it matters much who we drew in Round 4.

I normally love the cup games but cannot face putting myself through attending another dire fest right now. Suspect the replay crowd will likely be very small.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 09 Jan 2018 16:58

From Despair To Where? In for a trip to Carlisle, not that it will happen.

Weekend in the Lake District. Nice. :D

Glory Boy

by Glory Boy » 09 Jan 2018 20:44

Would have loved to have drawn Brighton away as they showed last night they really do have passionate supporters worthy of such a BIG CLUB in their BIG "local"derby..

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Jan 2018 21:08

Lower West

Nah, a ground within 100 miles of my house that I've not been to.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 09 Jan 2018 21:47

UpNorth A possible trip away to Carlisle. At least the players will not have to bother clapping the fans at the end - there won't be any.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 09 Jan 2018 22:12

From Despair To Where?
Lower West

Nah, a ground within 100 miles of my house that I've not been to.

Only a 100 miles........

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Jan 2018 06:40

Yes, or in other words, less than half the distance to the Mad Stad.

Not everyone on here lives in or near Reading

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 10 Jan 2018 19:52

I'd love a trip up to Carlisle.

For anyone whose been to a few grounds, it's an almost mythical one to "tick off". Just to have been to an away game there is like saying you've fought dragons, as other supporters swoon in shock...No! surely there's no-one alive who's been to a game that far away!

Were going to lose to Stevenage though, on penalties, after a 0-0 draw.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 10 Jan 2018 20:36

tmesis I'd love a trip up to Carlisle.

For anyone whose been to a few grounds, it's an almost mythical one to "tick off". Just to have been to an away game there is like saying you've fought dragons, as other supporters swoon in shock...No! surely there's no-one alive who's been to a game that far away!

I went to Blyth Spartans - it's even further than Carlisle.

I'm sure they'll be others on this board that were on that 1972 football special train. Not so much dragons but I remember a small hail of bottles as we went through York.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Jan 2018 14:05

Well if we and Wednesday get through it will be played on a Friday night because Sheffield united are at home on Saturday.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 12 Jan 2018 15:52

Went to Workington (Google says 18 miles further) back in the days when I think it was Roy Bentley who was the manager. Did not see the match though, it was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch and could not get the time off for it later in the season. Pre-motorway days and a Friday night game made it a long and tiring journey as I was the only one who could drive.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 Jan 2018 15:55

The Royal Forester

Went to Workington (Google says 18 miles further) back in the days when I think it was Roy Bentley who was the manager. Did not see the match though, it was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch and could not get the time off for it later in the season. Pre-motorway days and a Friday night game made it a long and tiring journey as I was the only one who could drive.

Blimey that's going back a bit.....I cant even remember when they went out of the league.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Jan 2018 16:00

Workington, Barrow, Southport (whom I encountered in their inaugeral season in the NPL the season after deselection :evil: )...what was going on up in the NW in the 1970’s?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 12 Jan 2018 16:01

Ascotexgunner
The Royal Forester

Blimey that's going back a bit.....I cant even remember when they went out of the league.

Were voted out of the league in 1977, replaced by Wimbledon.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Jan 2018 16:24

The Royal Forester Went to Workington (Google says 18 miles further) back in the days when I think it was Roy Bentley who was the manager. Did not see the match though, it was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch and could not get the time off for it later in the season. Pre-motorway days and a Friday night game made it a long and tiring journey as I was the only one who could drive.

I have ultimate respect for you Sir.

Wasn't that the game that Paul Black drove back up to the next day when it was rearranged? I may have that completely wrong but read something about that in that article on the site during Brian pt. I

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 12 Jan 2018 16:27

John Smith
The Royal Forester Went to Workington (Google says 18 miles further) back in the days when I think it was Roy Bentley who was the manager. Did not see the match though, it was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch and could not get the time off for it later in the season. Pre-motorway days and a Friday night game made it a long and tiring journey as I was the only one who could drive.

Wasn't that the game that Paul Black drove back up to the next day when it was rearranged? I may have that completely wrong but read something about that in that article on the site during Brian pt. I

No, I don,t think so. If the game had been rearranged for the Saturday we would have stayed to watch it, as we stayed overnight in Workington.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Jan 2018 16:31

The Royal Forester
John Smith

No, I don,t think so. If the game had been rearranged for the Saturday we would have stayed to watch it, as we stayed overnight in Workington.

Did you get any women back to your hotel?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 12 Jan 2018 17:26

John Smith
The Royal Forester
John Smith I have ultimate respect for you Sir.

Did you get any women back to your hotel?

No, the four of us were too busy enjoying ourselves after being invited into the Players Lounge by Dennis Allen and talking to all the players (of both teams) until it was time to walk back to the Hotel. Oh, those were the days. What a pity that sort of thing doesn't happen anymore.