MATCHWATCH : Hull City (a) sponsored by Mr William Whitehurst

165 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (a) sponsored by Mr William Whitehurst

by BR0B0T » 13 Jan 2018 17:11

Thou Voice Ohhhh yessssssss!

I tooold you all this was going to happen - but did you see no, you do see now !!!!

The foundation stones of dispair that have been built are starting to crumble around us all...

...it is goooooood to be back and show you all the way !!!!!!

Do You See ? :shock:

STILL pulling the strings in cyberspace

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Jan 2018 17:17

Eh, I'm not as fussed as other people on this match thread seem to be, yes it sounded quite dull with Hull more determined to get the win, but they were the home team and currently in a more perilous position. We're low on confidence right now so there's going to be a bit of hesitation in the play.

In the end, an away point, away clean sheet and a point further away from the relegation zone. We have tended to play better against the stronger teams as they are more willing to push forward, I would guess with our slow play, the better teams are more willing to leave more players further up the pitch and thus leaving more space at the back when we attack.

That or we could get well beaten, who knows.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 13 Jan 2018 17:17

windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal
genome We've managed 0 wins and 2 goals out of Burton (22nd), Barnsley (19th), Birmingham (23rd), Stevenage (League Two), and Hull (20th)

We have Middlesbrough (9th), Sheffield United (6th), Derby (2nd) and Wolves (1st) coming up after our next 3.

We needed a win today. A draw doesn't help us.

Don't forget that after a poor run of form we beat Leeds (7th), Forest (14th) and Derby (2nd) in the next five games, with everyone expecting doom. And we've also beaten Villa and drawn with Cardiff.

We feel in a worse place and I would expect defeats, but I wouldn't rule out some surprise results by any stretch. We really need to pick up points against Burton and Millwall though. Can't really afford to lose to either, particularly Burton and need to beat at least one.

Maybe, just maybe, Stam is focusing on shoring up the defence to start with. #strawclutching.

If we beat Stevenage the Burton game will be off. another game in hand to wait for and points to make up.

Hardly a long wait - 3 days !

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Jan 2018 17:19

tidus_mi2
windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal
Don't forget that after a poor run of form we beat Leeds (7th), Forest (14th) and Derby (2nd) in the next five games, with everyone expecting doom. And we've also beaten Villa and drawn with Cardiff.

We feel in a worse place and I would expect defeats, but I wouldn't rule out some surprise results by any stretch. We really need to pick up points against Burton and Millwall though. Can't really afford to lose to either, particularly Burton and need to beat at least one.

Maybe, just maybe, Stam is focusing on shoring up the defence to start with. #strawclutching.

If we beat Stevenage the Burton game will be off. another game in hand to wait for and points to make up.

Eh, I'd rather not play a 6 pointer when we're in the sort of form we're in right now.

Chances are it would only be put back to one of the two following Tuesday’s

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Jan 2018 17:20

Royals and Racers
windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal

Hardly a long wait - 3 days !

The Burton game already arranged if it`s it`s postponed?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Jan 2018 17:26

Away clean sheet. Job done.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 13 Jan 2018 17:26

tidus_mi2 Eh, I'm not as fussed as other people on this match thread seem to be, yes it sounded quite dull with Hull more determined to get the win, but they were the home team and currently in a more perilous position. We're low on confidence right now so there's going to be a bit of hesitation in the play.

In the end, an away point, away clean sheet and a point further away from the relegation zone. We have tended to play better against the stronger teams as they are more willing to push forward, I would guess with our slow play, the better teams are more willing to leave more players further up the pitch and thus leaving more space at the back when we attack.

That or we could get well beaten, who knows.

Two positives .... one more point, and another game without a win that might persuade the owners to sack JS.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2018 17:34

5 points and a vastly superior goal difference clear of third bottom. A defeat would have been pretty disastrous and 2 clean sheets in a row is a plus. As is Richards, and hopefully Ilori now getting a run

However this is pretty dismal stuff. Every game that this continues is further evidence Jaap can’t get us playing entertaining attacking football or creating chances. 5 shots was it today?

I see little to suggest anything is going to get better with him here. We may well avoid relegation but that was an absolute minimum at the start of any season

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 13 Jan 2018 17:37

A good point really, and we might even have nicked it. Away to Hull is no bargain, and a clean sheet there is nothing to sneeze at. Overall I thought we handled them ok really. They have some big, strong players, and I actually thought they might be more physical, but it was actually quite sedate, with just the one yellow all game, right at the end. The two injuries/subs inside the first half hour obviously limited our options later. Given the size of Hull, felt we should have kept it on the ground more, and maybe then we would have won it.

Sheesh, Swift is so fragile. Obviously has ability and shows promise, but every time he is tackled you hold your breath. Is still adjusting as a pro to the rigors of the Champ, I think.

Joey put in a shift today, I thought. Not sure he is the answer long term, but he battled today, although he did fade towards the end. His passing was improved today, and he looks a bit fitter to me.

Mannone was composed overall, which helped us today. He made a couple decent saves, (as you might expect from your keeper at Hull), but overall I don't think they had a ton of clear/easy chances really.

Yann did ok, but at this stage we need to be feeding him more in the box. He was too far away from goal when he got it, most of the time. Still, he put himself about, and won more of his headers as the game went on, against some big players.

Anyway, a decent result really, and I'd have taken that at the start.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 13 Jan 2018 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jan 2018 17:38

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2018 17:43

Urgh. Great work, piss off our half decent players even more

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Jan 2018 17:47

Hound

Shit this is depressing.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2018 17:50

windermereROYAL
Hound

Shit this is depressing.

What is it? I get a message saying I need to be his follower to see the tweet

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jan 2018 17:57

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL
Hound

Shit this is depressing.

Ah, looks like it's been deleted.

Moore, McCleary and Gunter came out to have a chat to a few fans after the game before getting on the coach. A supporter then tweeted having a go at Liam Moore for "his attitude" during the conversation, although apparently all he did was disagree that it was a bad result, and that going to the centre circle to clap the fans off is enough (the supporter wanted them to come all the way over)

Moore replied with "5 minutes ago you just shook my hand after I came over and thanked you for your loyal support, travelling hours to come and watch us. Now you're writing this"

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 13 Jan 2018 17:59

Yep, the players are getting sick of some fans' 'support', aren't they? You really have to wonder what they think and say of us after a game in the dressing room, on the bus, at the training ground, players lounge, etc. :oops:

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 13 Jan 2018 18:00

This is getting worse and worse, not even a bad result considering the circumstances and fans having a go at the players whenever possible. Criticism is acceptable but @ing the players unnecessary things like that...

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Jan 2018 18:02

genome
Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL
Shit this is depressing.

Moore, McCleary and Gunter came out to have a chat to a few fans after the game before getting on the coach. A supporter then tweeted having a go at Liam Moore for "his attitude" during the conversation, although apparently all he did was disagree that it was a bad result, and that going to the centre circle to clap the fans off is enough (the supporter wanted them to come all the way over)

Moore replied with "5 minutes ago you just shook my hand after I came over and thanked you for your loyal support, travelling hours to come and watch us. Now you're writing this"

:shock:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Jan 2018 18:13

Brief highlights on Sky, Hull had a goal disallowed, offside I think. Manonne made a few decent save, and we went close few times 2nd half.
5th clean sheet, a point, didn't lose, WTF would it be like if we lost judging by social media tonight?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2018 18:35

windermereROYAL Brief highlights on Sky, Hull had a goal disallowed, offside I think. Manonne made a few decent save, and we went close few times 2nd half.
5th clean sheet, a point, didn't lose, WTF would it be like if we lost judging by social media tonight?

Best not to judge anything by social media tbh. Unless you want to thoroughly depress yourself

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2018 18:40

CountryRoyal
genome
Snowflake Royal

:shock:

What a mega bellend. For the record, I don't mean Moore.

165 posts