Hob Nob Super-Addict

MATCHWATCH : Hull City (a) sponsored by Mr William Whitehurst

by Sutekh » 09 Jan 2018 10:06

When : Saturday 13th January, 3pm
Where : KCOM Stadium, The Circle, Walton St, Hull, HU3 6HU
Capacity 25,404
Away Stand : North East Corner
What might I see in the area : A bridge

Well the FL really bogged this one up didn't they. If ever there was an obvious choice for a midweek game then Hull v Reading is about as good as it gets. Instead though Reading fans have to make the awkward trek to East Yorkshire on a Saturday when there's a whole day to recover from the shock of the performance for most people before getting back to work.

No point harping on about Reading and their wonderful form and the like, think that's been well covered in every conceivable manner on other threads. Suffice to say the misery has to end some time so why not in Hull on Saturday?

Reading will be facing the man with a tan and his new charges. Installed just over a month ago Mr Adkins has maintained the leaky Hull ship which is now sailing on a glorious sea of 1 win in the last 13 league games (so I think we can guess what that'll mean for Reading). Hull are, though, unbeaten in their last three home games and actually won in the cup at Blackburn last week so have something that they think they can build on. For the record Hull have drawn 5 of those 13 and kept only 2 clean sheets in that time. They did manage to annihilate Birmingham 6-1 at home earlier in the season though so give them the right opposition and they get it right on the day.

This will be quite some entertainment for those supporters of either club that can be bothered to go. Hull are currently 19th in the form table with 5 points from their last 6 games while Reading are propping everyone else up with a magnificent 2 points from their last 6 games.

Michael Hector is still on loan at Hull, while Paul McShane will be making a return to his former club. Stephen Quinn is, of course, injured.

Referee

Darren England will take charge of his first Reading game

Historically

This will be the 24th league trip to Hull for Reading. The previous visits have yielded 7 wins, 8 draws and 8 defeats. There is a bit of an issue starting to develop though as Reading's last win in Hull was in 1994 at Boothferry Park which means Reading are yet to win at Hull's nice not quite so new shiny plastic spakkerdome. In the four visits there Reading have managed 2 draws and are on a run of 2 consecutive defeats.

Reading have also failed to keep a clean sheet in Hull on their last 6 visits

How to follow the game

1. Get a ticket and travel all the way up north
  2. Listen to Radio 5 Live and/or a myriad of other radio stations for score flashes
  3. Ring/text a mate for updates
  4. Use an iFollow subscription
  5. BBC Radio Berkshire (FM : 104.4, 104.1 or 95.4 depending where you are in the area)

Last edited by Sutekh on 10 Jan 2018 10:47, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

Re: MACHWATCH : Hull City (a) sponsored by Mr William Whitehurst

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jan 2018 10:10

Just hoping we can go up there and get a positive result and play football in a positive way. The players need to be positive from the start and set out on the front foot. Hopefully Stam will pick a positive starting line up with attacking flair and a solid back line. I think it is high time for Paul McShane to have a rest and recharge his batteries. Hopefull he can come back with that positive attitude he used to have rather than being the moody teenager he has become. I think we get nothing from the game if we go up there with anything other than positive thoughts.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Jan 2018 10:46

I'm hoping Stevenage was the nadir and we'll pick up a result here, and then kick on.

Please, no more from the fans hoping for a loss just so Stam goes... we need to start picking up the points against the teams around us, otherwise we're in trouble.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2018 11:12

A win here, and certainly things would look a lot lot rosier. Think it'd possibly be back to being 7 points clear of relegation

The mentality has to be better though. No zero shots in 40 mins efforts. We need to try to get the early goal and try to play our game. Richards and Ilori should start, and Stam should drop Joey and go for a more dynamic midfield

would like to see
Mannone
Gunter-Ilori-Moore-Richards
Bacuna
Swift Edwards
McCleary Bod Barrow

However, my fear is we're too far gone. I think we'll lose

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jan 2018 11:17

Hound A win here, and certainly things would look a lot lot rosier. Think it'd possibly be back to being 7 points clear of relegation

The mentality has to be better though. No zero shots in 40 mins efforts. We need to try to get the early goal and try to play our game. Richards and Ilori should start, and Stam should drop Joey and go for a more dynamic midfield

would like to see
Mannone
Gunter-Ilori-Moore-Richards
Bacuna
Swift Edwards
McCleary Bod Barrow

However, my fear is we're too far gone. I think we'll lose

I like that line up apart from McCleary, genuinely believe the guy is now a spent force and should move on. He looked so out of it against Stevenage and uninterested. I would throw Aluko in this weekend against his former club , might give him a bit of motivation.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Jan 2018 11:22

Is this our first 6 pointer of the season?

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 09 Jan 2018 12:18

thanks

double d

by double d » 09 Jan 2018 13:03

Feel positive about this. Already seen some stupid comments on social media about stam and I feel I need to defend his honour and the team. I have a feeling we will be on the resurgence now!!!! 2-1 win

Melton Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Melton, New York, Paris & Dubai - but mostly Melton and just outside the lockdown zone

by Melton Royal » 09 Jan 2018 15:47

genome I'm hoping Stevenage was the nadir and we'll pick up a result here, and then kick on.

Please, no more from the fans hoping for a loss just so Stam goes... we need to start picking up the points against the teams around us, otherwise we're in trouble.

+1

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 09 Jan 2018 18:15

genome I'm hoping Stevenage was the nadir and we'll pick up a result here, and then kick on.

Wake up and smell the coffee :shock:

Serious question. Do you actually go to games?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Jan 2018 18:29

Royality creeps In

Wake up and smell the coffee :shock:

Serious question. Do you actually go to games?

Season ticket holder thanks. What have I done wrong now?

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 09 Jan 2018 18:39

Can you tell me what you have seen, that renders you so optimistic, when all is crumbling around you?

double d

by double d » 09 Jan 2018 18:54

Royality creeps In Can you tell me what you have seen, that renders you so optimistic, when all is crumbling around you?

All is crumbling around you? Jesus wept some people on here aren't half melodramatic. It isn't like we are 10 points adrift fighting administration. We are in a decent enough position in a league where there are at least 4 worse teams then us ffs!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Jan 2018 18:58

Hmmm Wonder if Nige has an axe to grind. If he loses he will reflect on his reflections. I suspect a loss here for us.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Jan 2018 19:06

Royality creeps In Can you tell me what you have seen, that renders you so optimistic, when all is crumbling around you?

I wouldn't say I'm too optimistic - if you read my posts, I've been clearly stating things aren't good enough, and that Stam should now go. And I didn't say we weren't already in trouble - I meant further in trouble if we don't pick up points.

I also wouldn't say I'm massively pessimistic either, unfortunately like some on here I'm not prone to all this toy-throwing and mouth-frothing that seems to happen. It's football. Sometimes you take the rough with the smooth, and make the changes that are needed to fix it. Apparently that seems to rile a few people on here. :?

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 09 Jan 2018 19:09

double d

All is crumbling around you? Jesus wept some people on here aren't half melodramatic. It isn't like we are 10 points adrift fighting administration. We are in a decent enough position in a league where there are at least 4 worse teams then us ffs!

Name them?

We couldn’t beat a bloody egg at the moment.

double d

by double d » 09 Jan 2018 19:36

Royality creeps In
double d

Name them?

Barnsley
Bolton
Birmingham (yes we lost to them but they have long been an utter pfucking shambles)
Sunderland

I fully believe we are better then Millwall and Burton on our day.
League position dictates we are better then HuLoL

Please explain how all is crumbling around us and how our club is being ruined (as some Snowflake fans have claimed)

Berry

by Berry » 09 Jan 2018 20:13

Adkins v Stam...... The bore off

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 09 Jan 2018 20:14

double d
Royality creeps In
double d

Name them?

Barnsley
Bolton
Birmingham (yes we lost to them but they have long been an utter pfucking shambles)
Sunderland

I fully believe we are better then Millwall and Burton on our day.
League position dictates we are better then HuLoL

Please explain how all is crumbling around us and how our club is being ruined (as some Snowflake fans have claimed)

Only one I would say we are better than is Sunderland. Carry on like this and we will be going to Accrington

double d

by double d » 09 Jan 2018 20:16

Berry Adkins v Stam...... The bore off

I liked adkins and think he was unfairly treated and shafted

165 posts