Moore or striker?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

Moore or striker?

by The Royal Forester » 10 Jan 2018 14:13

it seems as we must sell to buy. If you were given the choice of buying a new striker, but only if you sell Liam Moore, what would you do? I would stick with what we have got and promote Sam Smith to the first team(when fit). I mean play not sit on the bench. What do you think?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Moore or striker?

by muirinho » 10 Jan 2018 14:16

The Royal Forester it seems as we must sell to buy. If you were given the choice of buying a new striker, but only if you sell Liam Moore, what would you do? I would stick with what we have got and promote Sam Smith to the first team(when fit). I mean play not sit on the bench. What do you think?

Was this meant to be a poll?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 10 Jan 2018 14:22

muirinho
The Royal Forester it seems as we must sell to buy. If you were given the choice of buying a new striker, but only if you sell Liam Moore, what would you do? I would stick with what we have got and promote Sam Smith to the first team(when fit). I mean play not sit on the bench. What do you think?

Was this meant to be a poll?

No, just a general discussion.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jan 2018 14:28

Keep Moore.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 10 Jan 2018 14:31

play Moore up front as a centre forward

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2018 14:34

Winston Biscuit play Moore up front as a centre forward

agreed. he looked great there against Birmingham

Completely depends on who the striker was tbh. We are on paper better stocked at CB than up front

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Jan 2018 14:35

Now you know that if Moore goes Reading would just buy another “midfielder” so its all a bit of a silly question really.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Jan 2018 14:37

I don't think we can keep hold of Moore to be honest and nor should we. He is far better than us and a relegation battle in the Championship. He is a Premier League defender in my eyes and could easily get into any of the mid-table sides.

If we had an offer over £12m or over the club will not say no, they can't in their position.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 10 Jan 2018 14:37

Loan Moore out on the condition he can only be played as a centre forward elsewhere, loan another centre forward in on the condition he can only play as a centre back.

Everyone's a winner, jobs a good 'un

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 10 Jan 2018 14:38

Old Man Andrews If we had an offer over £12m or over the club will not say no, they can't in their position.

WTF. £12M????

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Jan 2018 14:40

Winston Biscuit
Old Man Andrews If we had an offer over £12m or over the club will not say no, they can't in their position.

WTF. £12M????

Yes. What were you hoping to see?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2018 14:41

Winston Biscuit

WTF. £12M????

tbh when there is talk of Harry Maguire going for 50m, I don't think that is unreasonable

And that Pritchard at Norwich for 11m

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Jan 2018 14:45

12m is not entirely impossible given some of the idiots running clubs in the PL but it much more likely that if it happens it will nearly, if not, be deadline day and the figure will be undisclosed but thought to be in the region of some paltry amount in fan’s eyes. If it is an amzing sum we’ll all be told that it’s nowhere near that and its just the media including wages, addons and all that irrelevant stuff.

Reading will then be linked with all manner if players but eventually buy the current Dutch version of Elroy Kromheer next summer.

The striker search will remain ongoing into 2020 and beyond

Jaap will retire from management before he leaves Reading but he’ll have a nice flat in REP

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 10 Jan 2018 15:10

Old Man Andrews I don't think we can keep hold of Moore to be honest and nor should we. He is far better than us and a relegation battle in the Championship. He is a Premier League defender in my eyes and could easily get into any of the mid-table sides.

If we had an offer over £12m or over the club will not say no, they can't in their position.

If 12 million was the money being touted, then why not pick up Bauer from Charlton, Williams from Blackburn, Martin from derby and still have a couple of million to but in the bank. No brainer really....

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Jan 2018 15:18

Winston Biscuit

WTF. £12M????

Moore is easily worth that in today's market, gr8 m8

If he goes for anything less than double figure millions I will be pissed off

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Jan 2018 15:37

Striker

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Jan 2018 16:01

Striker, no brainer, but we could have got one for the £7m we paid for Aluko and used the more effective Popa on the wing.

Agreed we can't keep hold of Moore (and others, too, possibly) but what decent striker with more than 3 brain cells would want to come here over any Champ club still in with a chance of promotion?

Come to that, who in this squad is too good for Division One because that's where we are heading with Japp?

Everything compared to off loading Stam is irrelevant. I'd settle for that in this window and nothing else. Relegation would set us back years.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 10 Jan 2018 16:13

Old Man Andrews
Winston Biscuit

WTF. £12M????

maybe I am out of touch with football transfer fee's, but I assumed a defender in a team struggling to avoid the drop down to the 3rd tier might go for a bit less than £12M

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 10 Jan 2018 16:19

If it's £10m for Moore and they spend the £10m on a proven striker, then I'd be up for that - maybe we can get Michael Hector or someone like that on loan if need be?

But, I fear it will be £10m for Moore and we will fail to have any bids accepted for any strikers leaving us weaker as a result and maybe signing up some unknows with no track record, the balance of the £10m will then disappear in running costs.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Jan 2018 16:25

Winston Biscuit
Old Man Andrews
Winston Biscuit
WTF. £12M????

maybe I am out of touch with football transfer fee's, but I assumed a defender in a team struggling to avoid the drop down to the 3rd tier might go for a bit less than £12M

Not long ago that would have been the case but from what we've seen so far this season all bets are off, especially if West Ham are involved.

Remember, in 1966 they won the World Cup and since that day all rules are for the rest of us to adhere to and them to ignore.

So taking them to the cleaners and back for Moores signature would be the highlight of our cr@p season :P