Please get our transfer business completed in swift fashion!!!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Please get our transfer business completed in swift fashion!!!

by Hound » 11 Jan 2018 18:43

Longhorn1970
Muskrat If you were the owners would you trust Stam with a single shiny penny of your own money?

Gone are the days when managers had any involvement in transfer dealings

Yeah this pretty much. Though I’m sure his opinions are taken into account

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 11 Jan 2018 19:01

Hound
Longhorn1970
Muskrat If you were the owners would you trust Stam with a single shiny penny of your own money?

Gone are the days when managers had any involvement in transfer dealings

Yeah this pretty much. Though I’m sure his opinions are taken into account

You'd like to think so but I'm not convinced.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 11 Jan 2018 19:20

Hendo
genome
Hendo I don't think we have had a busy deadline day in a few windows. We usually get all of our business done before. :|

Remember how excited everyone was when we signed Vydra, Piazon, and John on deadline day? Seems a long time ago...

That was probably the last deadline day something meaningful happened and on paper it looked like great business. Shame it didn't work out that way but thats football for you, sometimes things just don't work out.

I'd argue that deadline day last January was equally as exciting. We were doing well in the league and signed the following:

Grabban - proven goal scorer at this level, and we were crying out for one all month
Oxford - a really exciting prospect, and a great addition to an already strong backline
Mutch - didn't know too much about him, but I was aware he had won the league with Cardiff and played in the Prem

Now we all know that 2 of the 3 failed and the 3rd was steady (if unremarkable), but on the day itself I think we were all very happy. Beating Brum away that evening was the icing on the cake.