BFTG ‘Ull (A)

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5806
Joined: 26 Feb 2005 00:19
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by Kitsondinho » 13 Jan 2018 19:45

Your classic bore draw. Really not much else to say apart from....
1) Vito was class.
2) Richards has to play now. He was very good....and managed to get himself out of trouble with his pace on several ocassions
3) The ‘ull goal looked legit from where I was. However, after seeing some replays, I’m coming around to the idea the ref made the right decision.

Royal_jimmy
Member
Posts: 962
Joined: 10 Aug 2011 10:44
Location: Y26

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by Royal_jimmy » 13 Jan 2018 19:58

Kitsondinho wrote:Your classic bore draw. Really not much else to say apart from....
1) Vito was class.
2) Richards has to play now. He was very good....and managed to get himself out of trouble with his pace on several ocassions
3) The ‘ull goal looked legit from where I was. However, after seeing some replays, I’m coming around to the idea the ref made the right decision.


Agree with you fully. It was really dull and 0-0 was a fair result. Neither side looked like scoring.

The defence as a whole were decent. The rest were underwhelming. We played pretty poorly and couldn't hold the ball. We barely had the ball in their half really which is no surprise given the midfield were crap. I don't blame Stam for signing so many central midfielders seeing that dross.

A welcome point but a side like Brentford with some striker nous would have beaten us 3-0. I was surprised Hull didn't have more up front tbh. Considering their goal record at home.

We aren't safe from relegation. Wins v Burton, Brentford, Millwall and Bolton would ease those fears I've had all season.

I know it's winless in 8 but this is far from a bad result.
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 13 Jan 2018 20:06, edited 2 times in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1257
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by windermereROYAL » 13 Jan 2018 20:02

Royal_jimmy wrote:
Kitsondinho wrote:Your classic bore draw. Really not much else to say apart from....
1) Vito was class.
2) Richards has to play now. He was very good....and managed to get himself out of trouble with his pace on several ocassions
3) The ‘ull goal looked legit from where I was. However, after seeing some replays, I’m coming around to the idea the ref made the right decision.



We aren't safe from relegation. Wins v Burton, Brentford, Millwall and Bolton would ease those fears I've had all season.


Yes no worries, very winnable games, just like the ones over the Christmas period.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5806
Joined: 26 Feb 2005 00:19
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by Kitsondinho » 13 Jan 2018 20:07

windermereROYAL wrote:
Royal_jimmy wrote:
Kitsondinho wrote:Your classic bore draw. Really not much else to say apart from....
1) Vito was class.
2) Richards has to play now. He was very good....and managed to get himself out of trouble with his pace on several ocassions
3) The ‘ull goal looked legit from where I was. However, after seeing some replays, I’m coming around to the idea the ref made the right decision.



We aren't safe from relegation. Wins v Burton, Brentford, Millwall and Bolton would ease those fears I've had all season.


Yes no worries, very winnable games, just like the ones over the Christmas period.

Luckily we haven’t actually played the upcoming games yet.....so we can still win them.....

double d
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8138
Joined: 31 Jul 2006 00:08

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by double d » 13 Jan 2018 21:25

It happened. That's about all i can say.


AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20999
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 19:49
Location: A Hicks Hoof from Coley Park

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jan 2018 21:34

a decent result any other season I guess

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1257
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by windermereROYAL » 13 Jan 2018 22:28

Adkins said the disallowed goal should have been allowed (no surprise), guest on C5 said it should have been allowed (no surprise) host on C5 said correct decision according to the law. (shock) :shock:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20999
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 19:49
Location: A Hicks Hoof from Coley Park

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jan 2018 22:40

No, really?

As you say

That prick (Michael Gray?) on Ch5 says it should’ve been allowed despite his co-host defining the actual law.

Yes harsh for Hull lucky for us but........let’s rewrite the rules for Hull today :evil:

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5806
Joined: 26 Feb 2005 00:19
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by Kitsondinho » 13 Jan 2018 22:50

Yeah, having seen the C5 show, it was the right decision. As I said, when I saw it at the ground, there didn’t look much wrong with it in real time. Shows what a good decision it was.


User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6532
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by Sutekh » 14 Jan 2018 11:24

windermereROYAL wrote:Adkins said the disallowed goal should have been allowed (no surprise), guest on C5 said it should have been allowed (no surprise) host on C5 said correct decision according to the law. (shock) :shock:


Adkins said the goal was correctly disallowed once he had seen the replay.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1021
Joined: 02 Nov 2008 18:56

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by Mid Sussex Royal » 14 Jan 2018 13:14

The performance was nowhere near as bad as some on here are saying, but I guess the 8 pages of nonsense on the match page is based on what they heard from Low and Dellor.

We were on top for the first 20 mins and nearly scored and then we lose 2 key players in quick succession which did affect the rest of the game but that is not a complete surprise.

The priority was to keep it tight and not to lose which is what happened.

Going back to Dellor my mate text me at half time and he said something about Swift feigning injury before he went off? Is that true? Dellor should be sacked, he's a complete joke.

bagman
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: 29 Aug 2006 15:06

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by bagman » 14 Jan 2018 14:15

Swift was obviously in pain, and physio signalled straight away that he could not continue.

But still a poor performance against a very bad team. We created nothing in open play.

The Royal Forester
Member
Posts: 294
Joined: 25 Dec 2015 14:53

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by The Royal Forester » 14 Jan 2018 14:23

Mid Sussex Royal wrote:The performance was nowhere near as bad as some on here are saying, but I guess the 8 pages of nonsense on the match page is based on what they heard from Low and Dellor.

We were on top for the first 20 mins and nearly scored and then we lose 2 key players in quick succession which did affect the rest of the game but that is not a complete surprise.

The priority was to keep it tight and not to lose which is what happened.

Going back to Dellor my mate text me at half time and he said something about Swift feigning injury before he went off? Is that true? Dellor should be sacked, he's a complete joke.

I was listening, but did not hear that.


Hemenbruff Royal
Member
Posts: 139
Joined: 13 Dec 2004 21:54
Location: North Reading. Actually very north Reading. Okay, Yorkshire.

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by Hemenbruff Royal » 14 Jan 2018 15:10

Good effort and commitment from everyone to hang on for the draw.
Speaking as someone who knows nothing about the finer technicalities of football, the problem to me appears to lie with the midfield who just go missing so often when the defence are trying to play it forward. So keeper rolls it out to the full back or centre back who get closed down immediately by Hull and they have no forward pass option, which results in panicky passes round the back before keeper hoofs it down field and possession is lost. The other option of long ball forward to Kermorgant doesn't work either as he rarely has anyone anywhere near him to pick up the flick on header or lay off if he can hold the ball up.
First time I have seen Omar Richards play and he looks decent and will hopefully now have a run of games.
Special mention to No. 13 who kept up some good noise throughout - 'dropped his flag M'lord' the supporters equivalent of a Cruyff turn.

User avatar
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 32544
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 10:02
Location: From the Andes to the indies in my undies

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by Silver Fox » 14 Jan 2018 15:30

Mid Sussex Royal wrote:Going back to Dellor my mate text me at half time and he said something about Swift feigning injury before he went off? Is that true? Dellor should be sacked, he's a complete joke.


When Swift was already going to be subbed we started going forward and Dellor berated the hamstringless Swift for not pegging it down in support of his m8s. He might have referred to Swift's decision as rank stupidity or something. Either way he’s an absolute chump and more of a reason to not listen to away games than the disappointing performances.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20999
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 19:49
Location: A Hicks Hoof from Coley Park

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2018 15:33

I think that he’s too much of a fan.

Rather listen to TD than the alternative.

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5344
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by CountryRoyal » 14 Jan 2018 15:41

Mid Sussex Royal wrote:The performance was nowhere near as bad as some on here are saying, but I guess the 8 pages of nonsense on the match page is based on what they heard from Low and Dellor..


I'll never make judgment on something I haven't seen. I watched it on iFollow with the added benefit of being able to go back to see particular events or moments.

We were shocking but made to look somewhat better because of the utterly incompetent Hull.

User avatar
leon
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 16910
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 09:18
Location: Hips, Lips, Tits, Power

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by leon » 14 Jan 2018 22:06

AthleticoSpizz wrote:I think that he’s too much of a fan.

Rather listen to TD than the alternative.


This. TD wants us to win. He’s a Reading fan. So is Adie Williams.

They get a load of stick from dickheads who want impartial non emotional reporting.

Bollocks to that.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 812
Joined: 02 Jun 2004 10:58
Location: Between Emmer Green duck pond and The White Horse

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by Denver Royal » 14 Jan 2018 23:21

[quote="CountryRoyal]We were shocking but made to look somewhat better because of the utterly incompetent Hull.[/quote]

Starting to think that some believe there is incompetence in this league from top to bottom. Even when we played Wolves...'they ain't all that'...and Cardiff...'they are not much really'...and so on, etc. .Not many come on here and say 'Wow, that is a damn fine team we just played'. (I'm not saying Hull are, but you get my drift).

How would you rate the Champ this last couple year's compared to past year's?

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5344
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: BFTG ‘Ull (A)

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2018 05:05

Denver Royal wrote:
Starting to think that some believe there is incompetence in this league from top to bottom. Even when we played Wolves...'they ain't all that'...and Cardiff...'they are not much really'...and so on, etc. .Not many come on here and say 'Wow, that is a damn fine team we just played'. (I'm not saying Hull are, but you get my drift).

How would you rate the Champ this last couple year's compared to past year's?



Football fans have a tendency to look inwards and find fault with their team rather than praise the opposition. I like to try and be as objective as possible but at the end of the day I say it how I see it (even if on a screen rather than being at the game itself - but there's advantages of both).

In terms of quality I'm actually one of those that think the overall quality of the league has improved in the last half decade, and will keep improving imho - it's only logical.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests

It is currently 23 May 2018 13:57