Enough is enough.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Enough is enough.

by Millsy » 13 Jan 2018 23:28

This isn't a(nother) Stam out thread.

Enough is enough. Enough of polls about how bad Stam is, how bad the plan is, how bad everything is. It doesn't matter that the majority want Stam out, that the players don't seem to want to play his way (or he has no ability to get them to play), that at most other clubs Stam would have gone by now.

The fact of the matter is they don't seem to want to get rid of him whether we like it or not. Fine. It's up to them.

I literally don't remember the last time I've actually wanted my dearly beloved Reading to lose for such a long period of time. Delighted at Burton's goals, Birmingham's goals, disappointed that Stevenage couldn't finish us and gutted that Hull had their goal disallowed. This from a man who spent years leading chants on the Southbank and East Stand trying to stir up seemingly passionless fans to sing for my team. I want us to lose because then something might change. I'm not saying Stam out but I think I echo the thoughts of most fans when all I ask for is change. The options are:

1) Change the manager. Discussed to death. The obvious choice which most other clubs would've done by now. Repeated polls show only a minority want him to remain. Players likely have had enough. But then who do we get in, can we afford it etc etc..

2) Change the players yep. Splash out £20million or so on a decent striker and a couple of other players who can carry out Stams plan. But we can't afford it.

3) Change the back room staff Would need to be a pretty substantial overhaul and need the right coaches in. Parj managed to turn things around with Mad Dog. I suspect this won't work though tbh because at least Parj had a clue.

4) Totally change the way we play Would have to be a pretty radical change and would Stam swallow his pride or even be able to do it?

SOMETHING has got to change. 1 and 2 won't happen it looks like. 3 is unlikely to have enough of an impact so I'm shocked 4 hasn't happened I.e. I find it quite frankly disgusting that not only are we playing the same shit but Stams interviews show the same arrogance as ever. Nothing is changing. I expected either Stam to go or for us to be playing fast direct football. Nah. Same old shit.

Enough is enough. I for one can't take any more of whatever is going on. I don't necessarily want Stam out. I just want change. I don't want to be in a situation for much longer where I'm cheering on the opposition. It feels very wrong. And this is from a man who wore pants on his head at a match in protest.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Enough is enough.

by Platypuss » 13 Jan 2018 23:49

Enough new threads already.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1