MATCHWATCH : Stevenage (h) sponsored by it all changing for the better at last

188 posts
double d

Re: MATCHWATCH : Stevenage (h) sponsored by it all changing for the better at last

by double d » 16 Jan 2018 22:25

Berry Just spoke with a Derby fan...It look like Chris Martin is on his way....His nickname is the Wardrobe, apparently the slowest player Derby have ever had....He will fit in well

I see your Chris Martin and raise you one Glenn Little.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Stevenage (h) sponsored by it all changing for the better at last

by Denver Royal » 16 Jan 2018 22:26

strap
Cost of RFC's starting 11 - just shy of £21 million. Cost of Stevenage's? Go on, guess? Yep, ZILCH!

Yeah, well oxf*rd done Stam, well oxf*rd done.......

What, Stam is solely responsible for all signings and transfer fees now, too? Alrighty then.

double d

by double d » 16 Jan 2018 22:27

Y21
windermereROYAL
Berry Just spoke with a Derby fan...It look like Chris Martin is on his way....His nickname is the Wardrobe, apparently the slowest player Derby have ever had....He will fit in well

Well a goal every 3 games, he must be doing something right.

Don't worry, we'll soon coach that out of him.

"Now Chris. You remember that Nick Blackman bloke who played with you at Derby? We want you to be more like him. At Derby".

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 16 Jan 2018 22:35

Always remember thinking Martin falls over more than the Pog (and is probably about as quick)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Jan 2018 23:28

Half decent display but the first 30 minutes were worrying, Stevenage arguably could have scored a couple of goals and in phases were all over us.

Really happy for Dadi though, really sent a message to Stam this evening. It will be a scandal if he doesn't start on Saturday against Brentford. With him playing the full 90 minutes I fear Yann might get the nod at the weekend.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 17 Jan 2018 01:19

Old Man Andrews Half decent display but the first 30 minutes were worrying, Stevenage arguably could have scored a couple of goals and in phases were all over us.

That's true. We were probably marginally better than in the first game during that opening period but there was not much in it. We were second best.

However, that first goal gave us confidence (even though it looked pretty scrappy to me) and we began to play more like a Championship side. And after the second goal we bossed the match (except for a 10-minute spell after the hour mark when we relaxed too much!)

We have to hope that this convincing win will raise the confidence of the whole squad. We have broken the dreadful run of games without a win; have kept a clean sheet; have scored 3 times from open play and no yellow (or red) cards!

I thought Kelly and Aluko had good games but my MOTM (and I don't expect anyone to agree with me) was Blackett! He was as solid as a rock playing in his preferred Centre Back position and, if we can only get Jordan O back to play Left Wing Back so Bacuna can play in his preferred position in midfield, things might get better. I know Jon Dadi is the obvious choice for MOTM but he wasn't involved as much as Blackett.

Jaakkola made a couple of great saves to keep us in the game early on but Clement looked too lightweight to me and was easily dispossessed. So - a much improved performance after the first goal but nothing to get carried away with. There were still too many misplaced 'passes' and poor first touches. But confidence can do wonders!!!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jan 2018 06:10

Nice to hear Blackett played well. I rate him highly as a CB

Seen the goals on the highlights - the 2nd and 3rd were lovely goals - fast attacking wing play, good crosses and great finishing. Excellent from Gunter and Bod

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 17 Jan 2018 14:46

Glenn Murray wasn't exactly rapid either when on loan to us but he had that nous about him that a decent striker needs. Martin is in this mould imo. I'm optimistic if we get him he will improve us.

188 posts
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:54