Team for Brentford

Delboy

Team for Brentford

by Delboy » 17 Jan 2018 08:00

I missed last nights game that had 10 changes , how many of these to keep for Saturday?

Old Man Andrews

Re: Team for Brentford

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Jan 2018 08:04

Would defintiely keep Dadi in, you surely cannot drop a striker who has just scored a hat trick. Aluko on the other hand shouldn't even make the squad.

Would go:

Mannone
Gunter
Illori
Moore (if he has recovered from his slight cup tie strain)
Richards
Edwards
Bacuna
Kelly
Barrow
Popa
Dadi

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jan 2018 08:28

I think this is going to be a real toughie. Brentford have been on very good form since about September and will have a big following

Mannone
Gunter-Ilori-Moore/Blackett-Richards
Bacuna
Edwards-Kelly/Clement
McCleary-Bod-Barrow

Got to admit I'm struggling with that RW spot and the attacking midfield role. Miss a fit Swift very badly. In reality Joey will play anyway. As for the RW, we have about 4 wingers who could play there, but have pretty much all been sh!t this season. So would give McCleary another couple of games, assuming Popa won't be anywhere near

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Jan 2018 09:13

It has to be McCleary. Consider Popa part of the squad no more - Stam clearly doesn't fancy him.

How shit is Roy Beerens by the way. He needs to go to the Turkish league.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Jan 2018 09:30

Team

?

Bench

Dadi...

russyb

by russyb » 17 Jan 2018 10:59

So Dadi should start, whether he will or not remains to be seen but if he doesn't then Stam needs his head examined. Also Popa who scored 2 goals and worked very hard for the under 23 game the other day should also get a start. I mean what do these players have to do!

fingers crossed for a good performance and some vital points

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Jan 2018 11:01

russyb So Dadi should start, whether he will or not remains to be seen but if he doesn't then Stam needs his head examined. Also Popa who scored 2 goals and worked very hard for the under 23 game the other should also get a start. I mean what do these players have to do!

Becoming Dutch would help.......

russyb

by russyb » 17 Jan 2018 11:01

Old Man Andrews
russyb So Dadi should start, whether he will or not remains to be seen but if he doesn't then Stam needs his head examined. Also Popa who scored 2 goals and worked very hard for the under 23 game the other should also get a start. I mean what do these players have to do!

Becoming Dutch would help.......

:D :D :D :D

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 17 Jan 2018 11:34

IN for this one. Let's hope the lads turn up, regardless of whichever side the Dutch man picks. At least the atmosphere should be good with a full end to respond to. And let's hope it doesn't turn into yet another social occasion, in the concourse, which has generally been the case this season 8)

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Jan 2018 12:09

Brentford bringing 8,000 so should be rocking

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jan 2018 13:58

John Smith Brentford bringing 8,000 so should be rocking

Leeds would bring more etc...

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 Jan 2018 14:01

Richards and Bod in please

stop oxf*rd about and playing people out of position. full backs at fullback, wingers on wings, strikers up front

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 17 Jan 2018 14:31

Maneki Neko Richards and Bod in please

stop oxf*rd about and playing people out of position. full backs at fullback, wingers on wings, strikers up front

you forgot - left-sided players on the left and right-sided players on the right.

(Having said that, Gunts did well last night on the wrong side)

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 17 Jan 2018 15:09

A few on here seem a bit indecisive regarding our current RW position. I for one would like to see Popa given a run in the team as i've always thought of him as a real direct threat who can cause problems.
Also, i may be wrong here but is Behrens natural position RW and not LW as he keeps getting played? maybe he could be worth a shout in his proper position, he couldn't do any worse than the current dross being served up by Aluko and McCleary.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jan 2018 15:13

muirinho

you forgot - left-sided players on the left and right-sided players on the right.

tbf, I think he is only really doing this on the LB/RB position. Everyone else has played in their correct positions for a while. Not really sure what is going on with Aluko but he always seems to start on the wing, before walking slowly into CM for the rest of the game

Hopefully Richards has that spot nailed down now. I'll optimistically take last night as just giving him a rest

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 Jan 2018 15:18

muirinho

gunts is a decent experienced pro, so that doesn't surprise me.
but still....agreed with your general point

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 17 Jan 2018 15:21

Hound
muirinho

tbf, I think he is only really doing this on the LB/RB position. Everyone else has played in their correct positions for a while. Not really sure what is going on with Aluko but he always seems to start on the wing, before walking slowly into CM for the rest of the game

Beerens is often played on the wrong side (he did a half on each side last night).
Bacuna is primarily right-sided, but has been swapped across to leftback mid game.
McCleary is a winger, but has been played through the centre etc

I'm not #StamOut particularly, but his team selections and substitutes are frequently weird

Hopefully Richards has that spot nailed down now. I'll optimistically take last night as just giving him a rest
Amen to that!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Jan 2018 15:29

Any that thinks Joey VDB will get dropped is living in another universe

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jan 2018 15:30

fair enough - forgot about McCleary's attempt to play CF. Didn't realise Beerens swapped wings last night - normally Barrow stays left throughout whilst Aluko goes walkabouts

Agree on Stam's subs - baffling at times. Only using one last night was poor, and as for bringing on Kelly and not Bod when losing at home to Brum last home game - not good at all
Last edited by Hound on 17 Jan 2018 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 Jan 2018 15:31

Beerens is often played on the wrong side (he did a half on each side last night).
Bacuna is primarily right-sided, but has been swapped across to leftback mid game.
McCleary is a winger, but has been played through the centre etc

blackett at full back/CB instead of in the reserves :wink: