Starting XI

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Starting XI

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Jan 2018 11:38

Hound
TBM People getting carried away by Bod scoring a hattrick against League Two opposition :lol:

not sure anyone is getting carried away. He should have had a lot more starts based on his form in the league games as well.
100% this

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 18 Jan 2018 11:44

Henley Royal 1 Mannone Gunter Richards Illori Moore Edwards Evans Bacuna Barrow Popa Bod .

this.

simple and balanced with players in their right places doing the right things
its not hard is it

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 18 Jan 2018 12:08

Mannone

Gunter
Illori
Moore
Blackett
Richards

Bacuna
Evans

Barrow
Yann
Aluko

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 18 Jan 2018 12:35

AthleticoSpizz
Hound
TBM People getting carried away by Bod scoring a hattrick against League Two opposition :lol:

not sure anyone is getting carried away. He should have had a lot more starts based on his form in the league games as well.
100% this

Really?

Yeah he works hard but hasn't, to me, looked like the answer to our striking problem :|

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jan 2018 12:40

he's a better bet than Yann at the moment by quite a distance imo

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Jan 2018 12:41

NOPE, but "getting carried away" by 6 goals in 707 minutes on the pitch, maybe?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Jan 2018 12:44

Hound he's a better bet than Yann at the moment by quite a distance imo

better than better (unless we are talking about as centre-back)

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Jan 2018 12:47

TBM
AthleticoSpizz
Hound
100% this

Really?

Yeah he works hard but hasn't, to me, looked like the answer to our striking problem :|

League games he has three goals in 600 minutes, and the usual "high class striking"
is one goal every 180 minutes, so he's close to that.

Add in his hat-trick and his minutes/goals ratio is superb.

He wasn't in the squad at Stevenage. We drew 0-0

He started at home, he scores three.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 18 Jan 2018 13:18

Snowball
TBM
AthleticoSpizz 100% this

Really?

League games he has three goals in 600 minutes, and the usual "high class striking"
is one goal every 180 minutes, so he's close to that.

Add in his hat-trick and his minutes/goals ratio is superb.

He wasn't in the squad at Stevenage. We drew 0-0

He started at home, he scores three.

I'm not saying he's bad but his last game out that he started, against Bristol City, he was dreadful

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Jan 2018 14:10

TBM
AthleticoSpizz
Hound
100% this

Really?

yeah, ‘fraid so......but he can’t be the answer to anything sat on the bench each game. Needs a decent run.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 18 Jan 2018 15:51

Well, Bod signed late(ish) mid-Jul, carrying an injury, wasn't fit, so didn't have a full preseason. He then got injured first game of season, missed a month and waas nursed back (unfortunate, cos Yann was out same time, too). Bod then picked up calf injury in training mid-Oct, missed over a month, and re-appeared as sub 2nd half of Nov. So from there, he's had Dec, and 2 weeks in Jan. Even then, he didn't play at Hull or Stevenage because of illness. In pecking order, at outset would be behind Yann, a proven goalscorer at this level. (Bod had scored a couple in 40-odd games at Wolves, and 2 in about 40 for Iceland, so hardly prolific).

But that was all then, this is now, so lets hope he takes off. I like some of what I've seen and overall I'd agree he could have had a few more starts (and was prolly close to doing so). Going forward in his career, we shall see if he can be 'the man' in the rigors of 2 games a week in the Champ. And of course, if we sign a striker this window that would mitigate things. However, I see that our most venerable Ian reckons Bod now deserves 5 straight starts. I think that might be a stretch (for me), but I'm rooting for him all the same.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 18 Jan 2018 16:08, edited 3 times in total.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 18 Jan 2018 15:52

PistolPete Is there ANYONE who disagrees with the following?

-Bodvarsson must start
-Richards must start
-On form, Illori and Moore are he best two centre backs
-Bacuna must start, and preferably in central midfield
-Popa deserves a start
-Barrow is a shoe-in on the left of the front 3
-Mannone is our best keeper

Therefore, there are 2 midfield positions up for grabs and if the above doesn’t happen then Stam is irreparably stubborn!

Barrow Bod (Popa)
???? Bacuna ????
Richards Illori Moore Gunter
Mannone

Ps Stam in

more like does anyone give a shiny shit about the following

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 19 Jan 2018 01:29

Woodcote Royal Nearly everyone agrees with most of the above except Stam

WTF do you want to keep a manager who has spent the entire season refusing to accept the blindingly regarding team selection, style of play and tactics? By making 10 changes to last nights starting 11, he effectively played what he sees as his 2nd team yet it produced his first win in 8? :P

All of our problems start and finish with one arrogant twat and a bucket of stand in which to place his head.

Wassup, you still driving cabs, sorry the limos?

I think perhaps your post, valuable though it may be to some, is in the wrong thread. Because I'd imagine everyone and their uncle knows by now that you don't rate Stam, so there is not much new here.

Boy, we luv it when a famous bloke fails, don't we? It somehow makes us feel good about ourselves deep in our subconscious. Which is not to say he doesn't have his failings in his first gig, but you get my drift.

So anyways, onward and upwards, who's up next? I heard maybe the the tri fector with McD? (He's usually available, gee I wonder why?). Heh, but at least he'd get 'the fans' on side, and we'd all feel part of the club again, and at least we'd have our Reading back!

After a while, you become numb to it, right? By now it really don't matter if we flush yet another one, pay him off his millions, and on our merry way we shall go. (Stam will get a job). You and me have the t-shirts, I think.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 19 Jan 2018 08:07

AthleticoSpizz
TBM
AthleticoSpizz 100% this

Really?

yeah, ‘fraid so......but he can’t be the answer to anything sat on the bench each game. Needs a decent run.

Bod is the best CF we have at the club at this moment therefore gets in the our best starting 11. We have to give him a run, what does he need to do to get a start. It will knock all confidence out of the team if its seen that playing well doesn't matter. Long term not really the solution, will most prob be Yanns replacement next season when fingers crossed we sign a brand new sparkly CF.......Bod will then regain his spot on the bench.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Jan 2018 08:11

I have a horrible feeling we will see Yann in the starting line up tomorrow which for me is just plain wrong. It will kill Dadi's confidence and send out the wrong message to the other players. I think age and injuries have got the better of Yann sadly, he's lost that spring in his jump and really doesn't look like the same player as last season. Starting him tomorrow would set a bad tone in the stadium too IMO.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Jan 2018 08:33

Sadly agree OMA. Let’s hope we are both wrong

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Jan 2018 09:22

Denver Royal
Woodcote Royal Nearly everyone agrees with most of the above except Stam

WTF do you want to keep a manager who has spent the entire season refusing to accept the blindingly regarding team selection, style of play and tactics? By making 10 changes to last nights starting 11, he effectively played what he sees as his 2nd team yet it produced his first win in 8? :P

All of our problems start and finish with one arrogant twat and a bucket of stand in which to place his head.

Wassup, you still driving cabs, sorry the limos?

I think perhaps your post, valuable though it may be to some, is in the wrong thread. Because I'd imagine everyone and their uncle knows by now that you don't rate Stam, so there is not much new here.

Boy, we luv it when a famous bloke fails, don't we? It somehow makes us feel good about ourselves deep in our subconscious. Which is not to say he doesn't have his failings in his first gig, but you get my drift.

So anyways, onward and upwards, who's up next? I heard maybe the the tri fector with McD? (He's usually available, gee I wonder why?). Heh, but at least he'd get 'the fans' on side, and we'd all feel part of the club again, and at least we'd have our Reading back!

After a while, you become numb to it, right? By now it really don't matter if we flush yet another one, pay him off his millions, and on our merry way we shall go. (Stam will get a job). You and me have the t-shirts, I think.

Interesting post, Denver. You must know how fickle football can be by now not to get annoyed at inevitable scenarios?

We are at the same stage as we were post-Clarke Fulham talks: waiting for the season to end so we can start afresh.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 19 Jan 2018 12:45

JS, yes you may be right. Although with Clarke, to me that felt a lot worse.

Andrews, I hear what you say, although as far as tomorrow goes I'm not sure it would 'kill Dadi's confidence' necessarily. He may be disappointed, and Stam may have a word, but he's not exactly a kid, he seems quite level and mature in interviews, and he's used to being disappointed given all his bench time at Wolves. I think what it would do instead is make him double down and be even more determined going forward to win the starting job. I've also never really been one for 'sending the wrong message' type stuff. I mean, they are all pros, and you just get with it. I do hear you re. Yann, though, and obviously he isn't the future, and we are going to need to find someone one way or another.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 19 Jan 2018 13:28

Focher
PistolPete Is there ANYONE who disagrees with the following?

-Bodvarsson must start
-Richards must start
-On form, Illori and Moore are he best two centre backs
-Bacuna must start, and preferably in central midfield
-Popa deserves a start
-Barrow is a shoe-in on the left of the front 3
-Mannone is our best keeper

Therefore, there are 2 midfield positions up for grabs and if the above doesn’t happen then Stam is irreparably stubborn!

Barrow Bod (Popa)
???? Bacuna ????
Richards Illori Moore Gunter
Mannone

Ps Stam in

more like does anyone give a shiny shit about the following

You Ok hun?

biff

by biff » 19 Jan 2018 13:32

Henley Royal 1 Mannone Gunter Richards Illori Moore Edwards Evans Bacuna Barrow Popa Bod .

+1000000