MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jan 2018 16:27

From Despair To Where? We really have got some "special" fans. Nothing wrong with getting angry, nothing wrong with calling for change.

I've got angry, I've called for change, I've invaded the pitch, I've joined in demonstrations outside the club, I've even thrown my season ticket in the chairman's face but I have always gone to the game to give the team full support and I have NEVER celebrated the opposition scoring against us.

amen.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jan 2018 16:32

Did anyone else find Brentford's variations of promotion chants utterly cringe worthy? They're 9th in January ffs. :lol:

And people call US tinpot.

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 20 Jan 2018 16:41

It’s a simple game played by simple folk and eventhey should understand that when things don’t work you try something different.
Only a complete fool or, perhaps, someone deliberately trying to get us relegated??? would continue week after week with a losing formula.
And only a management team who are completely incompetent would not react to it!!!!
Do the Dai’s really want to be remembered for presiding over this?

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 20 Jan 2018 16:44

Missed the first half, how was Richards?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Jan 2018 16:47

I’m hoping he won’t come out for the BBCRB interview tonight as he’ll be resigning.

Please God.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 20 Jan 2018 16:51

He's got to go now hasn't he? This is killing the club.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Jan 2018 16:54

Damn.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Jan 2018 16:56

Better but still not good enough, were the owners here today?

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 20 Jan 2018 16:57

Snowflake Royal
andrew1957 I can never before remember wanting a manager to be sacked but this is getting beyond a joke. Please RFC get Stam out and change this awful boring ineffective style of football. Or else crowds will plummet further and further.

I give him a maximum of another three games at this rate, could easily be gone on Monday now.

It's genuinely getting to the point where it's irretrievable, the fans close to completely against him, the players utterly dejected, the club slipping towards genuine relegation battle and the owners forced to act.

Win next game and another two poor results after still likely to see him go. Realistically got to get 6 or 7 points from the next three to still be here far into Feb, IMO.

Blimey, you've been converted in 10 minutes. Better late than never.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 20 Jan 2018 17:01

Never in all my time of supporting the club, more than a few years now, have I felt this disillusioned. Always leaving the game before the final whistle. Something's got to change. Shirley :?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 20 Jan 2018 17:02

I think it's getting to be one of those 'self-fulfilling' things where the bad atmosphere caused by fickle fans has crept into the team's attitude and they are now just in a huge slump. Stam either needs to pull it back in the next couple of weeks or the club will have no choice but to fire him.

Also - Stam isn't actually on £3m a year is he? That would be insane.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 20 Jan 2018 17:08

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner
double d Jesus Christ you lot are such a bunch of whiney little pcunts

Why because the football is sh*t?
Because we are the wrong end of the table?
Because we don't score any goals?
Because attendances are falling?
Because the manager blames the fans for the problems?
Etc.......

He doesn't blame the fans for the problems, he says they aren't helping and blames them for being negative dicks. That's not helpful either, but it's not wrong.

That's disgraceful way to spk about fans

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jan 2018 17:12

Can anyone summarize what he said in his post match interview?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 20 Jan 2018 17:12

Elm Park Kid I think it's getting to be one of those 'self-fulfilling' things where the bad atmosphere caused by fickle fans has crept into the team's attitude and they are now just in a huge slump. Stam either needs to pull it back in the next couple of weeks or the club will have no choice but to fire him.

Also - Stam isn't actually on £3m a year is he? That would be insane.

He's so arrogant, I'm fed up listening to his excuses ! Ultimately it's down to him and his inability to get the best out these players

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 20 Jan 2018 17:13

CountryRoyal Can anyone summarize what he said in his post match interview?

Let me guess " they are a great team, a famous team, the fans need to get behind us ?"

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 20 Jan 2018 17:14

2 world wars, 1 world cup BRENTFORD SCORE.... GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE MORE STEP TOWARDS CHANGE. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are the worst kind of football fan. Just fukk off.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jan 2018 17:18

Will wait for a btfg thread for more detail but quick summary:

We were slightly better than recently, mainly due to Bod at least giving an outlet. Could and maybe should have got the drae, showed a bit of spirit, hit the bar, couple of good saves from Bentley and think should have had a pen

But things have to change. We looked a poor side. The tactics were poor, the selection was poor and the substitutions were poor. Stam’s taking us down. We look like a side who are going to be relegated.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jan 2018 17:21

Hound But things have to change. We looked a poor side. The tactics were poor, the selection was poor and the substitutions were poor. Stam’s taking us down. We look like a side who are going to be relegated.

Spot on Hound.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 20 Jan 2018 17:21

Scutterbucketz
2 world wars, 1 world cup BRENTFORD SCORE.... GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE MORE STEP TOWARDS CHANGE. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are the worst kind of football fan. Just fukk off.

+1000000000000000000000

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Jan 2018 17:21

Either Stam has to go or the style has to be altered. I cannot see Reading being bottle enough to survive a full blown relegation scrap playing in this appalling way.

Time and again after the match in his interview you get the manager basically saying the ball needs to be moved forward quicker and he does not really want the aimless back/square piddling about but you get it as the players dont see/make the right decisions when they have the ball

That means to me that the majority of players are not good enough to play that style and therefore he needs to become a bit more basic in his instruction and tactics until he does have be players good enough to play that way.

ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE