MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1397
Joined: 17 Dec 2015 21:25

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by Longhorn1970 » 20 Jan 2018 18:25

Sutekh wrote:Either Stam has to go or the style has to be altered. I cannot see Reading being bottle enough to survive a full blown relegation scrap playing in this appalling way.

Time and again after the match in his interview you get the manager basically saying the ball needs to be moved forward quicker and he does not really want the aimless back/square piddling about but you get it as the players dont see/make the right decisions when they have the ball

That means to me that the majority of players are not good enough to play that style and therefore he needs to become a bit more basic in his instruction and tactics until he does have be players good enough to play that way.

ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE


Most people recognise that but seems it's his way or the highway ..

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5941
Joined: 26 Feb 2005 00:19
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by Kitsondinho » 20 Jan 2018 18:28

Thing is, despite the fact I’ve been Stam in all season, I can really see us going down. Reminds me so much of 10 years ago as we drifted out of the Prem. We were doing ok (in terms of being clear of the drop) but drifted towards the bottom 3 after Christmas. The closer we drifted to it, the more I felt the team reacted by assuming we weren’t going to go down. They didn’t seem worried about our slide until it was too late. The same thing appears to be happening now. I doubt there will be a car park protest to keep Stam though!! As for me, my faith in himis certainly dimming. Burton is absolutely vital. We have to win....draw isn’t much help....if we lose, well..... :?

alfie9
Member
Posts: 355
Joined: 06 Aug 2016 00:01

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by alfie9 » 20 Jan 2018 18:30

I don't think Yann would've envisioned that he'd be playing his final season in League 1 after extending his playing career :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5941
Joined: 26 Feb 2005 00:19
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by Kitsondinho » 20 Jan 2018 18:32

alfie9 wrote:I don't think Yann would've envisioned that he'd be playing his final season in League 1 after extending his playing career :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:cry:

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2109
Joined: 23 Feb 2007 08:28
Location: Perth

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 20 Jan 2018 18:35

I thought today's post match interview was quite different to normal, he almost directly blamed the players, especially towards the end of the chat. He made out that the slow build up shite was now what the players are choosing to do and they aren't making the runs in midfield / upfront that he's told them to.

Honestly I don't think he's arrogant, or a twat or any of the other personal stuff levelled at him I just don't think he's got what it takes at this stage in his career to get us out of this. I still don't think we'll go down even if he stays however a change of manager or an overhaul of coaching staff (clutching at straws a bit there) is the only way to stop this slump and give us something to look forward to next season. Dread to think how poor the season ticket renewals will be if it carries on like this.


Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1397
Joined: 17 Dec 2015 21:25

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by Longhorn1970 » 20 Jan 2018 18:36

10539.4 Miles Away wrote:I thought today's post match interview was quite different to normal, he almost directly blamed the players, especially towards the end of the chat. He made out that the slow build up shite was now what the players are choosing to do and they aren't making the runs in midfield / upfront that he's told them to.

Honestly I don't think he's arrogant, or a twat or any of the other personal stuff levelled at him I just don't think he's got what it takes at this stage in his career to get us out of this. I still don't think we'll go down even if he stays however a change of manager or an overhaul of coaching staff (clutching at straws a bit there) is the only way to stop this slump and give us something to look forward to next season. Dread to think how poor the season ticket renewals will be if it carries on like this.


Does that mean he's lost the dressing room then ?

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6016
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jan 2018 18:38

alfie9 wrote:I don't think Yann would've envisioned that he'd be playing his final season in League 1 after extending his playing career :lol: :lol: :lol:


Maybe he should have made more of an effort to get match fit and actually help the team avoid it. Has done nothing since his return from injury.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 3804
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 23:24
Location: Relocation to Surrey completed

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Jan 2018 18:42

I have decided today that if a totally avoidable relegation comes to pass, I will not renew the season ticket I've had for 18 years.

We know so little about our new owners but we do know they backed Stam with £13m last summer and he is now driving us into the dirt.

They have to act NOW!!! or we are heading for disaster.

If anyone sees a team in this division we can beat with Japp Stam in charge, feel free to name it.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2109
Joined: 23 Feb 2007 08:28
Location: Perth

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 20 Jan 2018 18:43

Longhorn1970 wrote:
10539.4 Miles Away wrote:I thought today's post match interview was quite different to normal, he almost directly blamed the players, especially towards the end of the chat. He made out that the slow build up shite was now what the players are choosing to do and they aren't making the runs in midfield / upfront that he's told them to.

Honestly I don't think he's arrogant, or a twat or any of the other personal stuff levelled at him I just don't think he's got what it takes at this stage in his career to get us out of this. I still don't think we'll go down even if he stays however a change of manager or an overhaul of coaching staff (clutching at straws a bit there) is the only way to stop this slump and give us something to look forward to next season. Dread to think how poor the season ticket renewals will be if it carries on like this.


Does that mean he's lost the dressing room then ?


I've never really been sure what that means. But if it means they don't want to play for him then, no, I don't think so. I think it means their confidence is shot and Stam is, unfortunately, unable to get a response from them. Adie asked him if he had experienced anything like this before and Stam said it's like playing for Milan and being 5th instead of the top 2. I'm sorry, it's nothing like that!


Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1397
Joined: 17 Dec 2015 21:25

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by Longhorn1970 » 20 Jan 2018 18:50

10539.4 Miles Away wrote:
Longhorn1970 wrote:
10539.4 Miles Away wrote:I thought today's post match interview was quite different to normal, he almost directly blamed the players, especially towards the end of the chat. He made out that the slow build up shite was now what the players are choosing to do and they aren't making the runs in midfield / upfront that he's told them to.

Honestly I don't think he's arrogant, or a twat or any of the other personal stuff levelled at him I just don't think he's got what it takes at this stage in his career to get us out of this. I still don't think we'll go down even if he stays however a change of manager or an overhaul of coaching staff (clutching at straws a bit there) is the only way to stop this slump and give us something to look forward to next season. Dread to think how poor the season ticket renewals will be if it carries on like this.


Does that mean he's lost the dressing room then ?


I've never really been sure what that means. But if it means they don't want to play for him then, no, I don't think so. I think it means their confidence is shot and Stam is, unfortunately, unable to get a response from them. Adie asked him if he had experienced anything like this before and Stam said it's like playing for Milan and being 5th instead of the top 2. I'm sorry, it's nothing like that!


Crikey he said that ! That's worrying ...

User avatar
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 20916
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 23:22
Location: The handsome bald fella with the blue eyes

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by Royal Rother » 20 Jan 2018 19:01

Worth adding that I think the context of the question was the pressure and consistently failing to live up to expectations.... (or something like that).

ROYALJOE
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: 20 Jul 2013 19:13

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by ROYALJOE » 20 Jan 2018 19:03

We should protest again Stam & board.

Stam's running us into the ground and he doesn't care one bit :x

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2109
Joined: 23 Feb 2007 08:28
Location: Perth

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 20 Jan 2018 19:06

Royal Rother wrote:Worth adding that I think the context of the question was the pressure and consistently failing to live up to expectations.... (or something like that).


You may be right as I was only half listening but I didn't feel like that was the context at the time, I thought Adie asked him a straight forward question if he had been in a situation like this before and that was his best analogy.


Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1397
Joined: 17 Dec 2015 21:25

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by Longhorn1970 » 20 Jan 2018 19:07

ROYALJOE wrote:We should protest again Stam & board.

Stam's running us into the ground and he doesn't care one bit :x


Coordinated waving of white hankies ?

User avatar
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 20916
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 23:22
Location: The handsome bald fella with the blue eyes

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by Royal Rother » 20 Jan 2018 19:09

All take an orange, and chuck the peel on the pitch.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1397
Joined: 17 Dec 2015 21:25

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by Longhorn1970 » 20 Jan 2018 19:15

Royal Rother wrote:All take an orange, and chuck the peel on the pitch.


I've not heard of that one before, the tennis ball one was quite funny recently (forget where it was) ..

User avatar
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 20916
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 23:22
Location: The handsome bald fella with the blue eyes

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by Royal Rother » 20 Jan 2018 19:19

In case it was too obtuse, Orange for a reason....

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4031
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jan 2018 20:17

strap wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:
andrew1957 wrote:I can never before remember wanting a manager to be sacked but this is getting beyond a joke. Please RFC get Stam out and change this awful boring ineffective style of football. Or else crowds will plummet further and further.


I give him a maximum of another three games at this rate, could easily be gone on Monday now.

It's genuinely getting to the point where it's irretrievable, the fans close to completely against him, the players utterly dejected, the club slipping towards genuine relegation battle and the owners forced to act.

Win next game and another two poor results after still likely to see him go. Realistically got to get 6 or 7 points from the next three to still be here far into Feb, IMO.


Blimey, you've been converted in 10 minutes. Better late than never.


If you'd engaged your brain at any point in the last five years and actually read what people posted rather than having your 'passion' tantrums constantly, you'd realise that I've said for a couple of weeks now that his time was quickly running out without a serious pick up in results.

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5017
Joined: 16 Jul 2004 18:36
Location: A country made up of 51.9% f**king thick uneducated xenophobic jingoistic mongtards.

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by 2 world wars, 1 world cup » 20 Jan 2018 21:26

Snowflake Royal wrote:
strap wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:You are such an arsehole. You deserve us to go bust and disappear.


Irony, oh the irony!!

You're almost as bad. Just take a valium will you?


:lol:

strap has always been alright to be fair.

Me though? If you say so, yep I'm an arsehole and I'm proud of it :twisted:

User avatar
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Posts: 12595
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 21:46
Location: Doesn't really matter how, just so long as it's now. 

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by still no Saturday home win this season

by Platypuss » 20 Jan 2018 21:45

Ascotexgunner wrote:
double d wrote:Jesus Christ you lot are such a bunch of whiney little pcunts


Why because the football is sh*t?
Because we are the wrong end of the table?
Because we don't score any goals?
Because attendances are falling?
Because the manager blames the fans for the problems?
Etc.......


Because supporters are meant to support?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests

It is currently 21 Oct 2018 06:09