BFTG Brentford

193 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Brentford

by Zip » 20 Jan 2018 20:49

Surprised at the criticism of Mannone. He kept us in the game.
In injury time we should have had a pen. There was a clear handball in their box.
The atmosphere was better today.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 20 Jan 2018 21:00

Most fans are simply resigned to our fate nowadays. It’s an ordeal watching our team now , no fun, no excitement, no adventure , no sprit , just turgid rubbish every week. I’m convinced that if he wasn’t the great Jap Stam, he’d have been sacked weeks ago . The man has no morale pride , no decency to move aside from a team that are blatently unhappy and performing way below their potential. Utterly depressing like the weather today.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 20 Jan 2018 21:04

That was much better than against Birmingham and Burton.
Bod really worked hard and well worth his start.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Jan 2018 21:07

Having seen the highlights on Five, I'll up Mannone's saves to some 'great and his score to a 5-6. Still think he is partly culpable due to his decision making for the goal. And his distribution and hesitation on the ball today was disappointing compared to how he normally performs.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Jan 2018 21:14

Close margins, McShane hits the post in injury time against Cardiff, Bod hooks over the bar in injury time today when maybe he should have done better.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jan 2018 21:16

Highlights did make it look like a handball at the end. Yann’s Header would have been straight into Bods path otherwise

Gloucesterroyal

by Gloucesterroyal » 20 Jan 2018 21:21

That's the first time I've watched Reading play in about 2 years but have a fair idea of what's going from this forum. I just feel that they've lost their way. Seems they're trying to make a simple game over complicated. They looked fairly effective in the last 10 when they chucked long balls up to the big man upfront. For the rest of the game I'm not sure what the plan was. Definitely too defensive minded and too many players not taking any responsibility. Not enough winners and no leaders. They could really do with just showing a bit of fight and aggression. It intimidates the opposition and gets the crowd on your side. I could go on. They're probably not that far away but there are some fundamentals they need to get right.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Jan 2018 21:27

double d Our fans are an utter disgrace. 0/10

Why?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Jan 2018 21:33

double d
genome
double d Our fans are an utter disgrace. 0/10

Er why? Got behind the team pretty well in the second half. Don't think the team deserved the boos they got at the end today but I assume they were more towards our general form rather than today's performance.

I should have said

"Fans" aka idiots on social media

Sorry, the irony of this post is fcuking killing me.

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 20 Jan 2018 22:09

More money pro rata than any Reading manager in living history every Saturday the same old i have had enough .I realise there maybe not an obvious candidate out there but i am sorry it has to change NOW before its too late and i am not one usually for changing managers. A top half finish should have been achievable at the least the place is dead every week we need someone to galvanise the club . We cant go down and give Oxford two cup finals please .

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 20 Jan 2018 22:23

Henley Royal 1 More money pro rata than any Reading manager in living history every Saturday the same old i have had enough .I realise there maybe not an obvious candidate out there but i am sorry it has to change NOW before its too late and i am not one usually for changing managers. A top half finish should have been achievable at the least the place is dead every week we need someone to galvanise the club . We cant go down and give Oxford two cup finals please .

More money spent, (netting off income generated), than all the previous managers in RFC's history PUT TOGETHER! Seriously! This idiot has a 3 year plan to get us out of the Championship. Looks like he'll do it with a year to spare! What a oxf*rd legend!!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Jan 2018 22:23

windermereROYAL Close margins, McShane hits the post in injury time against Cardiff, Bod hooks over the bar in injury time today when maybe he should have done better.

Na not really. It's not luck we keep conceding bad goals and missing the small amount of chances we do have. It happens so consistently and we lose so consistently that we just aren't good enough to change those small margins.

I've just seen the Brentford goal and it's one of those goals only a few teams in this division could be shit enough to concede, and we do it most weeks. Through ball opening us wide again, Moore does decently to stay with him man, keeper comes tearing out and the ball flies up, we miss the ball after a half assed tackle from one what looks to be Ilori, it bounces does and they grab it, four Reading players in between Vibe and the goal and yet no one gets a block in and the ball flies into the net. It makes your blood boil how defensively bad we are.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Jan 2018 22:24

windermereROYAL Close margins, McShane hits the post in injury time against Cardiff, Bod hooks over the bar in injury time today when maybe he should have done better.

Sunderland might have scored and not been reduced to 10 men just before half time........

How many fewer goals would the team conceded through overplaying in their own half this season?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Jan 2018 22:37

Keep shooting ourselves in the foot, all games have an air of inevitability about them now, you just sit there and know what`s about to happen. frustrating as fcuk.
Don`t think we played too badly tbh. but there`s no doubt at all the better team went home with the points, Febuary looks frightening.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Jan 2018 23:47

Ok. We’re dead in the water.

Even when we hit the crossbar this team doesn’t look like scoring.

Stam after the game blames the team for not doing what he’s coaching them. Earlier this season he was having a go at the fans for not being enthusiastic enough and having an opinion.

Strangely it’s never his fault.

biff

by biff » 21 Jan 2018 00:49

So insipid, so turgid, so clueless. Ilori not being goal side of Vibe on the half way line summed him up today. And if Joey VDB starts another game in professional football it'd be one game too many. There is no way beerens/VDB would get a game anywhere else if it wasnt for their nationality (and agent).

Other teams play football like chess, we have reduced ourselves to draughts. Stam out and not a moment to soon.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 21 Jan 2018 06:08

How can our clown of a manager not see how slow and useless Van Der Berg is. We all can!

Beerens was so committed when he came on he didn't even get his kit dirty. (He's going to be good in a relegation scrap!)

Words fail me. Its so poor and gutless at the moment.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 21 Jan 2018 08:47

Where was Bacuna today? We shouldn’t be playing Evans and Joey in the same team at home. Both want to p,as in the same role (as does Kelly actually but he did ok today). Evans is a better footballer than he’s being allowed to be at the moment with this system.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Jan 2018 09:24

Some our our fans are just as fixed in their views as they accuse Stam of being.

The hatred of everything associated with JvDB being a case in point. We had a 'neutral' with us who was impressed by JvDB vision and passing at points during the game. His booking was exceptionally harsh, given some of the pull backs and challenges that the ref allowed to go before and after. Once booked so early, JvDB was at a distinct disadvantage given his competitive and battling nature.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 21 Jan 2018 09:35

RoyalBlue Some our our fans are just as fixed in their views as they accuse Stam of being.

The hatred of everything associated with JvDB being a case in point. We had a 'neutral' with us who was impressed by JvDB vision and passing at points during the game. His booking was exceptionally harsh, given some of the pull backs and challenges that the ref allowed to go before and after. Once booked so early, JvDB was at a distinct disadvantage given his competitive and battling nature.

Your on a wind up or don't understand football!

193 posts