BFTG Brentford

193 posts
tilehurstender

Re: BFTG Brentford

by tilehurstender » 22 Jan 2018 19:32

Apologies if this has already been mention but relegation doesn't neccasarily mean players on big contracts leaving to allow young lads the chance.
Players with a couple of years to go can easily stay, pick up their championship wages

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Jan 2018 19:51

Hound
RoyalBlue
Theroyalbox
I cant stand barrow terrible technical football and his work rate is appalling, he genuinely can hardly kick a ball properly its astonishing how he played in the prem

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Work rate appalling?!! What games have you been watching?

Terrible technical football?!! Ditto

Have I fallen for a WUM?

Did think he may be getting confused with Aluko. Which tbf is something I’ve done before, as they look similar from a distance if your eyesight isn’t the best

Best bet is just to wait and see if he ever runs or not, then you know it’s Barrow

Racist

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jan 2018 20:25

I guessed that would be coming my way :)

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 22 Jan 2018 20:32

Probably lose Cat 1 academy status as well due to the cost of running it. It’s about £4m a year with a £1m coming back via contributions from the FA for English player development

So who do you think would stay and go? I think we would have the following players left

Jakkola

Richards
McShane
Blackett
Kelly
Clement
Kermogant
Evans
Watson
Meite
Gravenberch
Joey
McCleary
Bond

And the rest will leave

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 22 Jan 2018 20:52

If you still hate Futcher
windermereROYAL
Hound ...
Barrow: 7 - usual Barrow performance. Dangerous, missing a final ball

Take a point off Barrow for being responsible for their goal. was crying out for a first time strike at the back post instead of farting around and getting blocked out. 20 seconds later we were behind.

:shock: are you seriously blaming us conceding on a player miscontrolling the ball in the opposition box?

It would be harsh to blame him for what followed but he absolutely should have shot.
As should Kelly in the first half
One of many current issues is a reluctance to shoot - probably related to lack of confidence

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2018 21:24

3points Probably lose Cat 1 academy status as well due to the cost of running it. It’s about £4m a year with a £1m coming back via contributions from the FA for English player development

So who do you think would stay and go? I think we would have the following players left

Jakkola

Richards
McShane
Blackett
Kelly
Clement
Kermogant
Evans
Watson
Meite
Gravenberch
Joey
McCleary
Bond

And the rest will leave

Worth a spin off to avoid derailing this too far?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Jan 2018 21:48

3points Probably lose Cat 1 academy status as well due to the cost of running it. It’s about £4m a year with a £1m coming back via contributions from the FA for English player development

Jakkola

Richards
McShane
Blackett
Kelly
Clement
Kermogant
Evans
Watson
Meite
Gravenberch
Joey
McCleary
Bond

And the rest will leave

So let me get this straight, if they are still under contract and nobody comes in for them we just tell them to piss off?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2018 22:01

Just watched the highlights... could easily have been about 3-6 by the looks of them. Plenty of good chances for both sides. Not suggesting that's actually reflective of the game as a whole.

Looks like Gunter (?) may have been better off diving head and body first at the ball for the goal rather than trying to get his leg up, but he may not have been set right and that's hard to choose in the moment. Some good saves by Mannone. Good freekick from Kelly, not quite there. Blocks and clearances.

Worrying how much of a run at us they got so often and how difficult we found it to clear our lines, but that's hardly news.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2018 22:02

windermereROYAL

Jakkola

Richards
McShane
Blackett
Kelly
Clement
Kermogant
Evans
Watson
Meite
Gravenberch
Joey
McCleary
Bond

And the rest will leave

So let me get this straight, if they are still under contract and nobody comes in for them we just tell them to piss off?

Surely the more obvious interpretation is that the belief is players not included would have clubs come in for them?

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 23 Jan 2018 07:30

As devastating as it could be too go down, I'll still buy a season ticket. As long as there's a club to support, I'll go.

I think this season is just recompense for years of over achieving. We are not a big club, we're a local, family oriented club and I'm fairly content with that. Besides, what else is there to do on a Saturday afternoon?!

RoyalSwine90

by RoyalSwine90 » 23 Jan 2018 08:06

Snowflake Royal
RoyalSwine90
Theroyalbox I've actually given up on football but I really want to go in to league 1 because the away days look unbelievable, please can I have some confirmation that someone is on the same wavelength.

As daft as it sounds, I agree with you! Yes, I will be disappointed to get relegated and concerned for the welfare of our club, but the thought of visiting new grounds and renewing rivalries with Oxford and Swindon (If they are able to gain promotion from league 2) excite me more than the annual visits to Ipswich, Barnsley etc.

Keep much the same squad and there's really no excuse for failing to go up within 2 years.

Lose most our best players and we dramatically reduce our mental wage bill, still have a highly talented Academy, plenty of players good enough for L1 and a big big cash injection from transfer fees for the likes of Barrow, Bacuna, Moore, Aluko, Ilori, Kelly, Obita, Gunter, Swift etc.

100% agree! How many clubs in recent times have got relegated to League 1, got rid of the dead wood, rebuilt and then pushed on into the Premier League within a few seasons? Norwich, Southampton & Leicester to name a few.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 23 Jan 2018 08:29

RoyalBlue
Theroyalbox
Hound
harsh...

I cant stand barrow terrible technical football and his work rate is appalling, he genuinely can hardly kick a ball properly its astonishing how he played in the prem

Work rate appalling?!! What games have you been watching?

Terrible technical football?!! Ditto

Have I fallen for a WUM?

Nah I am not winding you up, I just never have the faith hes going to make the right choice with the ball - he hit a nice patch of form when he got here but since then I would argue hes been just as poor as Aluko, maybe I am being harsh on his work rate but once he does a 20 yard sprint the guy is gone for about 5 minutes, often see him refusing a pass from gunter because he is too tired.

Just a player that really grates on me

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jan 2018 08:41

he is literally our only attacking threat in virtually every game I watch. Latterly helped out a bit with Gunter deciding to get forward

He is miles better than Aluko

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jan 2018 08:43

Yeah, he has been streets ahead of Aluko. Bizarre opinion

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2018 08:48

I would say that he has noticeably gone off the boil though since Christmas. Seems a bit jaded and leggy. As has been said previously he is streets ahead of Aluko and any other attacking players we have though.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 23 Jan 2018 09:00

I think my opinion on barrow will be proved in the coming months but i hope he proves me wrong - hes quick ill give him that woeful footballer though

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jan 2018 09:03

Woeful footballer who has scored 7 goals and won us 10 points

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jan 2018 09:07

Massive :| at the hate for Barrow. He is probably our best player and is the one who is most likely to make something happen.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 Jan 2018 09:17

Theroyalbox I think my opinion on barrow will be proved in the coming months but i hope he proves me wrong - hes quick ill give him that woeful footballer though

He's practically the only reason I still go to games
Is this a wind up?!

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 23 Jan 2018 09:23

He did start well too his credit, but I think a player who is that technically limited can only do so much. His crossing is poor his shot is non existent and if he doesn't have the beating of his fullback hes missing.

193 posts