The Chris Gunter appreciation thread

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Chris Gunter appreciation thread

by leon » 22 Mar 2018 13:30

Good to see our oriental cousins have got the right idea.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 22 Mar 2018 14:49

anyone who doesn't rate Gunter knows nothing about football

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Mar 2018 14:58

Theroyalbox anyone who doesn't rate Gunter knows nothing about football

:roll:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Mar 2018 15:00

Hound yep loved that. Maybe Snowflake and Country Royal can go on a double date with them

:lol: :lol:

I'm more amazed how that drawing took her 270 hours to complete. Like, it's ok, but 270 hours?!? :shock:

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 22 Mar 2018 20:12

The ending is the best bit - oh it's enough - but it is all quite lovely really. I have watched it about twelve times now.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Mar 2018 20:33

Decent performer at Championship level although still fails to close down quickly enough on occasions. He is a bit of a teacher’s pet though.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Mar 2018 23:55

Zip Decent performer at Championship level although still fails to close down quickly enough on occasions. He is a bit of a teacher’s pet though.

Maybe a decent manager who knows about defending can get him to close down quicker.

Dave Kitson said Murty had the quickest feet he’d seen so as a result as a right back wingers struggled to get past him because he could nip the ball off them.

God I love Dave Kitson.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Mar 2018 10:19

Take the cash in the summer...Could be a windfall......Sounds like we could get a fortune for him with all the Chinese club owners queueing up for him (hopefully).
I personally wouldn't miss him. Caught out of position too often when marking, does a decent job but personally Id like to see a change there in that position.
Im Welsh and he is popular but I feel he just doesn't give us that extra bit of quality we need from a full back.......
Having said that, who knows, a new manager might change that.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Mar 2018 10:25

Hopefully Clement brings Marcus Olsson in as a replacement. What a cracking player that young man is.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 23 Mar 2018 10:37

Ascotexgunner Take the cash in the summer...Could be a windfall......Sounds like we could get a fortune for him with all the Chinese club owners queueing up for him (hopefully).
I personally wouldn't miss him. Caught out of position too often when marking, does a decent job but personally Id like to see a change there in that position.
Im Welsh and he is popular but I feel he just doesn't give us that extra bit of quality we need from a full back.......
Having said that, who knows, a new manager might change that.

With proper protection ahead of him, Gunter wouldn't be caught out all so often. He is not a world beater by any means but at this level he is a solid player. Remember when McAnuff was on the right no one was complaining about gunter then.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Jun 2020 14:23

According to twitter
Chris Gunter has agreed a short term contract extension until the end of the season and then will leave Reading on a free transfer with multiple clubs interested in signing him.

Good on him for seeing it out, especially after the way he was treated at the start of the season. Has had a lot of undeserved stick over the years. 300+ appearances and captained us at Wembley. Thank you for your service x

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jun 2020 14:33

fair enough. prob best decision all round and good luck to him

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jun 2020 15:23

Yep. Big thanks to Gunter. He never shirked his duty. I complained about him constantly but he was a professional till the end. I hope he hits that 100 Welsh cap too.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Jun 2020 15:26

Pepe the Horseman According to twitter
Chris Gunter has agreed a short term contract extension until the end of the season and then will leave Reading on a free transfer with multiple clubs interested in signing him.

Good on him for seeing it out, especially after the way he was treated at the start of the season. Has had a lot of undeserved stick over the years. 300+ appearances and captained us at Wembley. Thank you for your service x

Big +1 from me. He could have easily have given the club the middle finger for the ridiculous way he was treated pre and early season. Overall a good signing who didn’t deserve some of the boos he received on occasions.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jun 2020 16:36

Thanks for the effort, if frequently not the application. Superb (but overly costly) back up right back.

Been much better the last season or so and shame we can't agree reduced terms for another season here as back up.

Down to one right back... does make the Howe decision seem pretty odd.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Jun 2020 16:37

Great servant. For many years we didn’t need to worry about right back because Gunter had the position locked down. Hope he finds a new club - I’m sure he’ll have no trouble.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 23 Jun 2020 17:17

Snowflake Royal Thanks for the effort, if frequently not the application. Superb (but overly costly) back up right back.

Been much better the last season or so and shame we can't agree reduced terms for another season here as back up.

I think that Brazilian we signed is a right back/ midfielder....if so i guess he could be the back up option and a much cheaper option than Chris Gunter.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Jun 2020 17:23

Crowbar6753
Snowflake Royal Thanks for the effort, if frequently not the application. Superb (but overly costly) back up right back.

I think that Brazilian we signed is a right back/ midfielder....if so i guess he could be the back up option and a much cheaper option than Chris Gunter.

He will be a cheaper option but from what I have seen am far from convinced by him. Frankly if he is good enough he should be playing ahead of Gunter now. As has been said the decision to sell Howe seems really odd.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jun 2020 18:20

Zip
Crowbar6753

He will be a cheaper option but from what I have seen am far from convinced by him. Frankly if he is good enough he should be playing ahead of Gunter now. As has been said the decision to sell Howe seems really odd.

Oh yeah! Totally forgot about him. He looked pretty good (as a RB - not a midfielder - looked a bit small and lost there). Is he perm or on loan?

Have to expect him to get some game time before the end of the season surely.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Jun 2020 18:39

Thank oxf*rd for that.