MATCHWATCH : Sheffield Wednesday (a) sponsored by total apathy

250 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield Wednesday (a) sponsored by total apathy

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jan 2018 11:16

Snowball Just saying, but Wednesday, under their new manager have now gone their last
four games undefeated, including two wins and a draw with Cardiff

Watching the highlights, we played well going forward but missed very good chances
and hit the post.

But the defence was genuinely shambolic

McCleary looks finished (been thinking that for 18 months but now he looks slow, out of shape, just taking the money)

Kermie looks fat (for an athlete)

is it true that Wednesday scored (28th minute) from their first real chance?

I don't know about first real chance, but we'd been riding ourluck trying to play offside for close calls at least twice before the goal.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 27 Jan 2018 11:34

fred sharpes nose How on earth can the owners possibly accept this situation? There is clearly a hidden agenda here.

The agenda is Chinese want to get relegated, sell the ground make loads of ££££, we relocate to a diddy little ground at Smallmead.

Its taken 25 years or so to establish Reading FC one division higher than our historical norm. Feel sorry for Madjeski

Funnily enough that is exactly what I said on here a couple of years ago when the Thais were doing their thing. Buggered that I cannot find my original post as it deserves a bump in the current climate.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 27 Jan 2018 11:36

genome Apparently so.

But then, it's not like he's got 4 years left on his contract, he's got 18 months - we can't be paying him THAT much?

Leeds told him to bugger off when he demanded £3M a season last summer, and lo he signed an new contract with us! So it's going to be something approaching that.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Jan 2018 11:37

Longhorn1970
genome Apparently so.

But then, it's not like he's got 4 years left on his contract, he's got 18 months - we can't be paying him THAT much?

£3m a year was reported

Stam's on £57,000 a week?

Can't see it myself.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 27 Jan 2018 11:38

Stevie G Relegate, we still have the stadium and associated real estate. ..

Mmm, but for how much longer? The Thai Proprty Developers made off with a large chunk of the land, and the Chinese Shopping Centre Developers clearly have their eyes on the rest.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 27 Jan 2018 12:21

strap
genome Apparently so.

Leeds told him to bugger off when he demanded £3M a season last summer, and lo he signed an new contract with us! So it's going to be something approaching that.

Strap, you are very much entitled to have your opinions on Stam, and shout them to high heaven.

However, spouting absolutely nonsense conjecture like the above just makes you come across as completely clueless. You're so wide of the mark with your figures, and your story telling is quite charming but untrue.
Last edited by WAZZOCK on 27 Jan 2018 12:35, edited 1 time in total.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 27 Jan 2018 12:35

Snowball Just saying, but Wednesday, under their new manager have now gone their last
four games undefeated, including two wins and a draw with Cardiff

Watching the highlights, we played well going forward but missed very good chances
and hit the post.

But the defence was genuinely shambolic

McCleary looks finished (been thinking that for 18 months but now he looks slow, out of shape, just taking the money)

Kermie looks fat (for an athlete)

is it true that Wednesday scored (28th minute) from their first real chance?

I went to the game and that's all a fair assessment Snowball.

Last season our confidence would have seen us win that game, but we are just absolutely shot to pieces.

JDB missed about 5 clear cut chances, but at least he created some, unlike Yann.

McCleary should be ashamed of his form since he signed his most recent contract, I would personally get him out the door in the summer.

Clement was anonymous

Barrow came off the bench and it took him 25 minutes to get the ball at his feet and run at their full back, lo and behold we scored from it. Tactics wise, we should have mad early him the focal point as soon as he came on.

Jaakkola is just a walking mistake

Tiago goes from the sublime to the ridiculous

Their first goal was offside, and the next two were as a result of shambolic mistakes in awful positions. Sheffield Wednesday were just as poor in fairness, but took their chances when they came/were gifted to them.

Very frustrating, and we desperately need a result on Tuesday.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 27 Jan 2018 13:00

WAZZOCK
strap
genome Apparently so.

Strap, you are very much entitled to have your opinions on Stam, and shout them to high heaven.

However, spouting absolutely nonsense conjecture like the above just makes you come across as completely clueless. You're so wide of the mark with your figures, and your story telling is quite charming but untrue.

Thank you. Sadly I am unable to divulge my source, but in the fullness of time the truth will out, as they say. Of course, the next time you see Stam feel free to ask him how his conversation with the Leeds' owners went in the summer of 2017.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jan 2018 00:34

Hang on, is it seriously being suggested Stam is getting £3million a year? Are you on glue?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2018 08:37

Old Man Andrews Hang on, is it seriously being suggested Stam is getting £3million a year? Are you on glue?

I imagine like the players he is heavily incentivised. So he’ll be getting fcuk all this year 8)

Would presumably sack his assistants if he went as well. Maybe the entire cost of all three inc Stam over 2 years was about 3m

250 posts