Low away attendances

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Low away attendances

by Barney » 27 Jan 2018 14:32

JIM could be a new all time low at the MAD STAD for the next home game.
any one know how many season tickets are sold.? :shock:

Not sure if serious.

Lowest home league crowd at MadStad is circa 5500 (early Pardew days).

We have over 10,000 season ticket holders. These get counted for EVERY HOME LEAGUE game.

We won't get a reported home league crowd below 10,000 this season.

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 30 Jan 2018 09:28

AthleticoSpizz
BarryWhiteRFC
AthleticoSpizz Bury away, cold very wet October evening 2000......about 100 of us huddled amongst the 2800 crowd.
(2-0 Reading, Butler, Cureton)

One of my favourite Reading away games of all time. Low tin roof, not many fans that had made the journey belting out chants that seemed to sound like there was 2,000 of us. Always love Bury away.
yep, despite it all, the atmosphere was great. You weren’t the fellah in shorts and hawaian shirt were you?

Oh god no, I live in the North West so I'm quite accustomed to the cold and wet weather. Not that accustomed though!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Jan 2018 10:29

BarryWhiteRFC
AthleticoSpizz
BarryWhiteRFC
One of my favourite Reading away games of all time. Low tin roof, not many fans that had made the journey belting out chants that seemed to sound like there was 2,000 of us. Always love Bury away.
yep, despite it all, the atmosphere was great. You weren’t the fellah in shorts and hawaian shirt were you?

Oh god no, I live in the North West so I'm quite accustomed to the cold and wet weather. Not that accustomed though!
yeah, guessed that it could only be a Southerner :lol:

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 30 Jan 2018 11:26

AthleticoSpizz
BarryWhiteRFC
AthleticoSpizz yep, despite it all, the atmosphere was great. You weren’t the fellah in shorts and hawaian shirt were you?

I was at this game, only as I remember the guy in the shorts in pretty baltic weather.

I think it was this game where during a lull, a fan at the back shouted 'I love you Paddy' aimed at Bury's keeper, then a certain Paddy Kenny, you could see his shoulders going, fun times in the lower leagues!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Jan 2018 13:49

Yeah....
Who says that it’s all crap :lol:

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 31 Jan 2018 08:02

Stockport Royal
AthleticoSpizz
BarryWhiteRFC

I was at this game, only as I remember the guy in the shorts in pretty baltic weather.

I think it was this game where during a lull, a fan at the back shouted 'I love you Paddy' aimed at Bury's keeper, then a certain Paddy Kenny, you could see his shoulders going, fun times in the lower leagues!

One of the reasons I don't really fear relegation that much. We had lots of good times in the third tier. Football was fun back then. Maybe I'm just getting nostalgic with age.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 31 Jan 2018 09:41

I think last night was one of the lowest attendances I have been to in the championship.
A good job that a few hundred from RFC swelled the numbers :D