214 posts

In or Out?

In - things can only get better
19%
Out - I’m gonna leave you baby
71%
Don’t know - dunno lol
5%
FiNeRaIn (because he's had enough of all these Ian Royal - consumer rights champion options)
5%

Total votes: 185
Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Unfortunately ANOTHER In or Out poll

by Jack Celliers » 27 Jan 2018 18:32

Ascotexgunner
Jack Celliers
marcusopp Whaaaaaat??
The football is pedestrian, very few attempts on goal, disorganised at the back. It's the worst football i've ever seen.
I've seen non league sides run better than this. The owners should take responsibility and replace the manager immediately.
Worst thing is, i can't imagine Stam's cheap either.
There must be someone out there. Please don't mention Steve McClaren again...
New owners, new manager urgently required.
We can't be some rich guys tax break anymore. Needs to be someone who gives a fcuk to run this club

I know it seems awful at the moment, but there is the potential for improvement. About 90% of the blame for the appalling things we have seen rest squarely on Stam's shoulders, but none of us expected Kelly, McShane, McCleary, Kermogant, Van den Berg, Beerens, etc to play so badly. If a few players find some form, we'll be fine and the club will have escaped massive upheaval.

If there is potential for improvement it's not Stam that will find it......that ship has sailed.
A new manager will find that.
We need a Hodgeson type manager who can take over a team dropping like a stone and low on confidence.

I'd prefer relegation to that.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Jan 2018 18:46

Jack Celliers
Ascotexgunner
Jack Celliers
I know it seems awful at the moment, but there is the potential for improvement. About 90% of the blame for the appalling things we have seen rest squarely on Stam's shoulders, but none of us expected Kelly, McShane, McCleary, Kermogant, Van den Berg, Beerens, etc to play so badly. If a few players find some form, we'll be fine and the club will have escaped massive upheaval.

If there is potential for improvement it's not Stam that will find it......that ship has sailed.
We need a Hodgeson type manager who can take over a team dropping like a stone and low on confidence.

I somehow doubt that.....

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 27 Jan 2018 18:49

Ascotexgunner
Jack Celliers
Ascotexgunner

I know. Anything but going down really. But I really feel sorry for clubs like Palace and Everton who get lumbered with horrible managers and now just have to wait for the next sacking before feeling any sort of unhinged optimism again.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Jan 2018 18:55

Jack Celliers
Ascotexgunner
Jack Celliers

I know. Anything but going down really. But I really feel sorry for clubs like Palace and Everton who get lumbered with horrible managers and now just have to wait for the next sacking before feeling any sort of unhinged optimism again.

No-one wants a dull manager. Though at the moment we have THE dullest and most clueless manager in all the divisions. Even Tommy Burns wasn't as dull as this. But now it's a fight for survival. I would take dull 1-0s to the end of the season just to stay in this league.

Royal Rebel

by Royal Rebel » 27 Jan 2018 20:17

Snowflake Royal
Royal Rebel Simply has to go before its too damned late.
I think what worries me most is that Stam has not been man enough to either recognise or admit that his "experiment" is just not working. He doesn't appear to have any "plan B" or even attempt to try something different with the team.
Clearly the players have no confidence in either him or his system, therefore its time that the Club "manned up" and fired him.
I can only assume that he has a cast iron contract and will cost an absolute fortune to sack.
That said my company does this kind of this to ineffective bosses all the time and therefore constantly improves its position in business.
Ruthless but perfectly understandable.

This just isn't true. It's shit enough without making stuff up.

One of the problems is he keeps changing the team so much. He's recently changed the shape. He's certainly been open that things just aren't good enough.

This isn't "making stuff up" you Melt !!! He's friggin' failed with anything he's tried (which is quite little) and I don't see any change in tactic. You must be friggin blind.......

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jan 2018 21:06

Royal Rebel
Snowflake Royal
Royal Rebel Simply has to go before its too damned late.
I think what worries me most is that Stam has not been man enough to either recognise or admit that his "experiment" is just not working. He doesn't appear to have any "plan B" or even attempt to try something different with the team.
Clearly the players have no confidence in either him or his system, therefore its time that the Club "manned up" and fired him.
I can only assume that he has a cast iron contract and will cost an absolute fortune to sack.
That said my company does this kind of this to ineffective bosses all the time and therefore constantly improves its position in business.
Ruthless but perfectly understandable.

This just isn't true. It's shit enough without making stuff up.

One of the problems is he keeps changing the team so much. He's recently changed the shape. He's certainly been open that things just aren't good enough.

This isn't "making stuff up" you Melt !!! He's friggin' failed with anything he's tried (which is quite little) and I don't see any change in tactic. You must be friggin blind.......
so he's got no plan b, everything he's tried has failed, but he hasn't tried anything. Coherent.

It's all shit, but it's objectively false and lazy to say he hasn't tried changing things. He hasn't made what you, or I, think are the right changes. The changes he made might not be extreme enough for you, but they exist

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Jan 2018 22:53

Voted out again but perhaps he should stay...

We've done the reasons to death as to why he should go and they shouldve sacked him ages ago so the fact he's still here suggests he ain't going and there must be a reason for that.

1) Perhaps the owners know that they have been unable to sign the players he needs so can't blame Stam and so neither should we.

2) We asked for change and Stam has finally showed he can change with the 442 in the cup. Thats cool.

3) if the guy is staying perhaps everyone should just get behind him and be positive.

Really don't know what more anyone can say. We want him out. If he's not going we're better off getting behind him. He's not a bad chap I guess. :|

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 28 Jan 2018 16:13

Well, I’m happy for him to stay and sort the problems out. Get a new man in and he’s got the chance to shirk responsibility for our relegation if it comes (cf Nigel Adkins)

Perversely I’m quite proud that my club aren’t binning managers as soon as it gets tough

Having said all that, if Stam stays and we stay up by the skin of our teeth, thanks in the main to there being a number of teams even worse (even though they try to refute this when we go head to head!) I’d like to think the owners would consider gett8ng someone 8n sharpish in May to give them a full summer to get going next year

Ultimately of course what happens happens and there’s no point in getting upset about it

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Jan 2018 16:16

Quite, and it WAS cited somewhere as his 3 year plan, he’s only halfway through it.

Just what that plan is, being the issue (disclaimer)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Jan 2018 22:18

Silver Fox Well, I’m happy for him to stay and sort the problems out.

But he’s not and isn’t showing any signs that he will?

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 Jan 2018 23:48

Stam Out for me, I’d expect that we’d continue this style of play under the next manager but Stam simply isn’t capable of teaching passing football and players don’t seem to like him anymore. Having said that, we are in bad bad form before that period we looked like a mid table side, so perhaps it’ll pick up anytime now. He hasn’t actually done anything to suggest that though, hence he needs to go

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jan 2018 00:27

2 world wars, 1 world cup Voted out again but perhaps he should stay...

We've done the reasons to death as to why he should go and they shouldve sacked him ages ago so the fact he's still here suggests he ain't going and there must be a reason for that.

1) Perhaps the owners know that they have been unable to sign the players he needs so can't blame Stam and so neither should we.

2) We asked for change and Stam has finally showed he can change with the 442 in the cup. Thats cool.

3) if the guy is staying perhaps everyone should just get behind him and be positive.

Really don't know what more anyone can say. We want him out. If he's not going we're better off getting behind him. He's not a bad chap I guess. :|

Arguably the most vehemently anti-Stam poster to the point of monotony and now you're thinking of reasons for him to stay?

Couldn't make it up.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 29 Jan 2018 06:01

Hoop Blah
ILoveMoonPig I'm still with Stam actually. I'm so bloody bored of bouncing from manager to manager, getting one session of playing well followed by one season of playing awful and then BOOM, he's gone.

Did we have a season of actually playing well though?

We got results yes, so credit there for that and getting Kermorgant on a hot streak of scoring, but I wouldn't say it was ever a case of playing well. If we were entertaining and looking more likely to score a goal now and again I don't think Stam would be under this kind of pressure based purely on results.

That's not an unfair comment. Come to think of it, I can't actually remember the last time I left thinking "yeah, we definitely deserved to win that".

Most of the time last year, I left thinking "crikey, how the hell did we win that?!"

I think I'm just at a stage of wondering if changing manager will actually be able to make things better, long term. But maybe that's the wrong tactic and we should just focus on staying up right now and worry about 'building' next year.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 29 Jan 2018 06:28

I know. Anything but going down really. But I really feel sorry for clubs like Palace and Everton who get lumbered with horrible managers and now just have to wait for the next sacking before feeling any sort of unhinged optimism again.[/quote]

We're averaging 3.46 shots on target per game. That's awful;
http://www.footcharts.co.uk/index.cfm?t ... tsontarget

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Jan 2018 07:08

I think part of the crux of the problem for me is we just aren’t improving as a side in any way

Even if we went down and Stam stayed, I can’t see how his tactics are likely to bring success in L1. If we stay up, and he stays in charge, can’t see us getting above low mid table next year

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 29 Jan 2018 08:27

Hound I think part of the crux of the problem for me is we just aren’t improving as a side in any way

Even if we went down and Stam stayed, I can’t see how his tactics are likely to bring success in L1. If we stay up, and he stays in charge, can’t see us getting above low mid table next year

Changing the style to be more possession based and patient, as Stam is presumably trying to do is not that easy I'm sure. However, if Stam himself is admitting that the players aren't doing what he wants then you have ask if he's capable of making them do it as he's had the majority of the squad for more than 18 months now.

For me he's had enough time to prove he's got it in him to make this work but unfortunately all he's proven is the opposite.

It too McGhee, Pardew and Coppell time to bed their ideas in but you could see the positive progress along the way. I just can't see that with Stam.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Jan 2018 08:32

Hoop Blah
Hound I think part of the crux of the problem for me is we just aren’t improving as a side in any way

Changing the style to be more possession based and patient, as Stam is presumably trying to do is not that easy I'm sure. However, if Stam himself is admitting that the players aren't doing what he wants then you have ask if he's capable of making them do it as he's had the majority of the squad for more than 18 months now.

For me he's had enough time to prove he's got it in him to make this work but unfortunately all he's proven is the opposite.

It too McGhee, Pardew and Coppell time to bed their ideas in but you could see the positive progress along the way. I just can't see that with Stam.

Indeed. its not like we can say nay particular part of the side is improving on implementing his philosophy or functioning any better. The players have had 18 months, and yet we are still too slow, too many poor passes, not enough movement etc

I reckon you could watch us first game of the season last year against Preston, and we were playing the style as well as we are now

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 29 Jan 2018 08:41

CountryRoyal
2 world wars, 1 world cup Voted out again but perhaps he should stay...

Arguably the most vehemently anti-Stam poster to the point of monotony and now you're thinking of reasons for him to stay?

Couldn't make it up.

Yes, quite the U Turn from a chap that was revelling in us losing games just so as it made stams departure more likely. What a bellend!

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 29 Jan 2018 08:57

About 90% of the blame for the appalling things we have seen rest squarely on Stam's shoulders,

actually think its much more evenly shared than that. the DOF has to take his fir share for some appallingly wrong headed transfer dealings in the summer that saw us spend a record amount, whilst also not addressing any of our problem areas, and buying lots of players who aren't good enough

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 29 Jan 2018 09:00

I just want to know what the f*ck is going on?

1) Who is signing the players?
2) Where are the owners?
3) Where is Brian T?
4) Why don't we have any money?

total lack of communication has distanced us as fans from the club meaning there is no passion and in these relegation 6 pointers like Burton tomorrow they will get a result purely because they have some fight in them where as our players, management, owners and DOF or chief exec or whatever there titles our are all totally spineless and not up for the fight

214 posts