214 posts

In or Out?

In - things can only get better
19%
Out - I’m gonna leave you baby
71%
Don’t know - dunno lol
5%
FiNeRaIn (because he's had enough of all these Ian Royal - consumer rights champion options)
5%

Total votes: 185
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Unfortunately ANOTHER In or Out poll

by Silver Fox » 31 Jan 2018 13:50

Snowflake Royal Prior to Burton, next loss is a sacking. For every win before the next loss, add one to the number of losses required fot a sacking. Number of losses resets to zero after a win. Three draws without a win since the last loss counts as a loss.

You sometimes get some harsh stick on here Ian, but then you come up with this level of horse shit and it all makes sense

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 Jan 2018 13:52

That is peak Ian Royal :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 31 Jan 2018 14:29

always an option

What is this Finerain interloper?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2018 14:31

Silver Fox
Snowflake Royal Prior to Burton, next loss is a sacking. For every win before the next loss, add one to the number of losses required fot a sacking. Number of losses resets to zero after a win. Three draws without a win since the last loss counts as a loss.

You sometimes get some harsh stick on here Ian, but then you come up with this level of horse shit and it all makes sense

agreed he gets harshly treated at times.

That 'formula' is up there with dd's 13 points for a complete 'wtf are you on about?' though

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 31 Jan 2018 16:05

leon :lol:

It’s just a bit of fun Finerain.

I like to think that in a hundred years time the Ian Royal option will still be going strong

With competing theories about what it means, who started it and indeed who is this mythical Ian (did he even exist?)

I actually can't rem the first time it was used and which user posted it

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Jan 2018 16:23

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 Jan 2018 17:19

NewCorkSeth Can we have another of these after the game? In fact how about after every game?
How about we have one during the game too and allow everyone to change their vote as many times as they want (that is an option)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jan 2018 17:35

BR0B0T

I like to think that in a hundred years time the Ian Royal option will still be going strong

With competing theories about what it means, who started it and indeed who is this mythical Ian (did he even exist?)

There might even be some Ian Royal grandchildren unknowingly voting for him in pointless quizzes. Seems magical to me.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jan 2018 17:36

Forbury Lion
NewCorkSeth Can we have another of these after the game? In fact how about after every game?
How about we have one during the game too and allow everyone to change their vote as many times as they want (that is an option)

I love a flip flop poll. Let's do it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jan 2018 18:23

Can you stop with the stupid FiNeRain nonsense in every poll.

Love Ian xxx

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 31 Jan 2018 18:30

NewCorkSeth
Forbury Lion

You boys need to calm down.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 31 Jan 2018 18:52

NewCorkSeth
BR0B0T

There might even be some Ian Royal grandchildren

...seems unlikely!

double d

by double d » 31 Jan 2018 18:58

Silver Fox

:lol:

Wtf are you even saying Ian? Surprised you haven't made the earth start turning the other way round with that confusing bollocks

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2018 19:47

oxf*rd hell, it's not rocket science. Start winning or on your bike. In a measurable quantifiable way.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 31 Jan 2018 21:00

BR0B0T

Ahem

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 Feb 2018 12:06

NewCorkSeth
Forbury Lion

Done!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=140925

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Feb 2018 15:33

fairly interesting that a lot of the chat from the new boys has been about what a pull Stam is to the club.

I'm kind of turning back a little bit, and I know its only on one win. I think he is a good figurehead and I can understand the club being extremely wary of sacking him.

However do think that something needs to change. Think maybe Stam needs to take a look at what is being offered by the coaching team and assistants. Point was made on another thread about the pre-match warm ups always being the same, despite the fact that we have barely scored a goal before ht this year. The players don't look especially fit either, and there are definitely a couple who look to be carrying a few additional pounds this year

Not sure if its my memory playing tricks on me, but the example everyone uses of sticking with the boss is Lee Johnson at Brizzle - and I believe he sacked his assistant about this time last year, which seemed to prompt a change in fortune
Last edited by Hound on 02 Feb 2018 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Feb 2018 15:34

What's the verdict if we lose tomorrow?

We won't but, ifs and buts and that.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Feb 2018 15:52

John Smith What's the verdict if we lose tomorrow?

We won't but, ifs and buts and that.

still the same really.

We've certainly been playing crap and like I said, some stuff clearly needs to change. And its not just on the playing side, its also the handing out of contracts all over the place (none of Joey, Yann or McShane needed that additional year, and think some of the contracts are too long - esp to the youth players), some poor signings, stockpiling players who should be out on loan, not using some of the U23s etc

Just wonder if maybe the positives Stam brings outweigh the negatives. Or the negatives could be fixed with some changes to the backroom staff
Last edited by Hound on 02 Feb 2018 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Feb 2018 15:52

Hound fairly interesting that a lot of the chat from the new boys has been about what a pull Stam is to the club.

I'm kind of turning back a little bit, and I know its only on one win. I think he is a good figurehead and I can understand the club being extremely wary of sacking him.

Players, and managers, spout so much rubbish during these interviews that I would take any such comments with a huge pinch of salt.

There are probably a few reasons why the club are wary of sacking him but, although his profile is perhaps one of them, I wouldn't think it's too high up on the list of things saving his job right now.

214 posts