BFTG Sheffield Wednesday

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

BFTG Sheffield Wednesday

by Elm Park Kid » 26 Jan 2018 23:16

Well on the train.

We were fairly comfortable without threatening until their goal. I missed the early one on one so not sure how much of a chance that was but never looked like winning. Our goal was fairly comical.

Not much to enjoy apart from kermorgants attempted bicycle kick and bacuna's shot.

First time I've gone to an away game and not bumped into any other fans until I got to the ground.

Surely Stam out now.

biff

Re: BFTG Sheffield Wednesday

by biff » 26 Jan 2018 23:46

Just seen the goals on youtube.

That third :shock: :shock: :shock:

biff

by biff » 27 Jan 2018 00:08

oxf*rd me the second and all. McCleary is good for glue.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 27 Jan 2018 00:42

Tonight's match revealed that while the root of the problem is the management... our squad is just not very good at football at the moment

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 27 Jan 2018 00:56

alfie9 Tonight's match revealed that while the root of the problem is the management... our squad is just not very good at football at the moment

what period of time do you consider to be "a moment"

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jan 2018 01:02

Well that was great......

I cannot believe that, I really can't. This is the most low I have been in recent memory as a Reading supporter. We were comfortable until Wednesday scored and then the whole team hid and couldn't wait to get off the pitch.

Gareth McCleary get out of the club you absolute waster.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 27 Jan 2018 09:01

Bod's miss was the key - within a minute we went from it should have being 1-1 to 2-0 down. You can see why the guy hasn't got many goals to his England record if he can't take chances like that.

Pretty quiet night in general at Hillsborough. Not being able to buy a proper pint at half time and having to get £3.70 330ml bottles was the low point for me :D

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Jan 2018 09:09

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Jan 2018 10:00

One has to question our recruitment policy last summer. This current squad collectively lacks a number of facets. Too many passengers in the current set-up.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 27 Jan 2018 14:31

The defending for their third was non existent. Absolutely pathetic.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Jan 2018 17:45

How many times now this season have we heard something along the lines of: "The team started well but when they conceded the first goal they fell apart"

This squad has no confidence, no belief. It makes no surprise when you consider our record when conceding the first goal.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jan 2018 18:19

Scutterbucketz The defending for their third was non existent. Absolutely pathetic.

There's a serious claim to be staked about that goal being the worst we have conceded in about 10 years. Pathetic from all involved.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 27 Jan 2018 19:22

Old Man Andrews
Scutterbucketz The defending for their third was non existent. Absolutely pathetic.

There's a serious claim to be staked about that goal being the worst we have conceded in about 10 years. Pathetic from all involved.

Yes, absolutely. I’m struggling to think of a shitter all round lack of effort from everyone.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jan 2018 21:13

Scutterbucketz
Old Man Andrews

Yes, absolutely. I’m struggling to think of a shitter all round lack of effort from everyone.

I nominate that Burton goal where somehow a shit flat throw went past about 3 defenders in our box to be tucked in by someone a yard ahead of his marker.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jan 2018 21:58

Snowflake Royal
Scutterbucketz
Old Man Andrews There's a serious claim to be staked about that goal being the worst we have conceded in about 10 years. Pathetic from all involved.

I nominate that Burton goal where somehow a shit flat throw went past about 3 defenders in our box to be tucked in by someone a yard ahead of his marker.

YES!!! This was a real classic. Nobody more surprised about it than the thrower when it went in. Everything about it was crap.
In our current plight the forum should run a "Crap Goal Concession of the Month" award with all monthly winners going on to face off in May. So many nominees this season.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Jan 2018 23:01

Desperately want Stam out like most fans but going by the highlights I'm gonna be really unpopular and say... It didn't look *that* bad. :shock:

We got some pretty good chances in, playing some decent stuff to get into those situations. Our goal was the result of fantastic work down the left and a great ball in.

Our conceded goals were blunders.

Could've easily been 4-0 to us with luckier finishing and no stupid errors.

Stam might have to go yes.. but this game is certainly not why from what I've seen even though the result was poor.

He tried to change things and we had great chances.

How's the chap meant to change things if we moan that it's not working. It's only been one game!

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Jan 2018 23:11

2 world wars, 1 world cup I'm gonna be really unpopular and say... It didn't look *that* bad. :shock:

Technically gifted players never make the grade at a certain level because their lack something. With many of the current squad it's consistantancy and concentration. No good being ok for 85 minutes in a game. Those few other minutes decide games. Darren Caskey is someone I always apply this to. As saw him make his debut for Spurs. From the top he slid backwards. Until he reached his level.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 27 Jan 2018 23:49

just seen it...genuinely funny!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Jan 2018 16:56

Lower West
2 world wars, 1 world cup I'm gonna be really unpopular and say... It didn't look *that* bad. :shock:

Technically gifted players never make the grade at a certain level because their lack something. With many of the current squad it's consistantancy and concentration. No good being ok for 85 minutes in a game. Those few other minutes decide games. Darren Caskey is someone I always apply this to. As saw him make his debut for Spurs. From the top he slid backwards. Until he reached his level.

Agreed maybe those who made the errors will never make the PL. I'm just saying whilst I want Stam out I don't think this game was another nail in his coffin. On the contrary he tried to change things and it was only, as you say, non-PL players who let him down. The players looked like they tried hard to me based on the extended highlights I saw.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 29 Jan 2018 07:55

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Lower West

Agreed maybe those who made the errors will never make the PL. I'm just saying whilst I want Stam out I don't think this game was another nail in his coffin. On the contrary he tried to change things and it was only, as you say, non-PL players who let him down. The players looked like they tried hard to me based on the extended highlights I saw.

+1 on this. Going forward we actually created some very good chances, Edwards one on one, Yann's pull back early in the second half, JDB double chance, Moore header and the goal, which is more than what we've done in the last few games put together. Our Achilles heel is still our defending, the third goal summed that up.

I thought Bacuna was good in terms of controlling our tempo, driving into gaps and spreading play, but he does leave us a little exposed. G Mac is a shadow of his former self and needs a run of games, amazing that I don't think he once took on his full back all night and when he got in good positions his final product was poor.