Popa Don’t Preach - Loan/Sold

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
One87One

Popa Don’t Preach - Loan/Sold

by One87One » 27 Jan 2018 21:17

Gone to Saudi Arabia apparently. Not sure if loan or perm.

It’s disgusting how Stam has treated him! He’s shown excellent professionalism since he’s been here, even asking to play for the U23’s and putting in some excellent performances.

So Popa, Wieser and Danzel - Were they really Stam’s signings because none have been given a chance since they arrived, or is this a case of Tevreden making signings and letting us down?

I personally dislike with a passion directors of football signing players for the manager. I’m old fashioned but the manager should choose who comes in and who goes out; none of this “I need a defender” and Tevreden finds him one. It’s total bollocks!!

Clear the whole lot of the Dutch lot out ASAP!!!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Popa Don’t Preach - Loan/Sold

by Zip » 27 Jan 2018 21:52

Given how pathetic Beerens and GMac have been Popa’s treatment has been a disgrace. There must have been a bust up along the way because he has been totally ignored.
He could not have been any worse than Beerens and has been given no chance.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jan 2018 22:00

One87One Gone to Saudi Arabia apparently. Not sure if loan or perm.

It’s disgusting how Stam has treated him! He’s shown excellent professionalism since he’s been here, even asking to play for the U23’s and putting in some excellent performances.

So Popa, Wieser and Danzel - Were they really Stam’s signings because none have been given a chance since they arrived, or is this a case of Tevreden making signings and letting us down?

I personally dislike with a passion directors of football signing players for the manager. I’m old fashioned but the manager should choose who comes in and who goes out; none of this “I need a defender” and Tevreden finds him one. It’s total bollocks!!

Clear the whole lot of the Dutch lot out ASAP!!!

Calm down Mr Brexit.

How would you know how Stam has treated him btw? You been around the group at training etc? Do tell us about it.

Fezza

by Fezza » 27 Jan 2018 22:04

Given Aluko's "form", GMac's injuries and Beerens Beerensness this is an absolute farce. He deserved a shot either at 10 (in for the perpetually injured Swift) or on the wing!

Shoddy recruitment aside this is one we've let slip through our fingers!

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 27 Jan 2018 22:09

Let’s face it, there’s obviously been a bust up within the Club since the capitulation against Cardiff.
Some players may have been loyal while others have realised that the management team don’t know what the feck they are doing.
So Stam is picking from an ever reducing pool of those who he thinks he can trust; which is the only reason why Beerens and VDB are anywhere near the squad.
Please let’s clear out the contingent from the Low Countries and pick players on merit ( while there is still a faint chance that any of them give a sh1t)

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 27 Jan 2018 22:23

It's just yet another example of appalling judgement by Stam, on a par with letting Rakels leave on season long loan because he didn't like him. Pathetic. Just get these Dutch no marks TF away from my club, please!

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 27 Jan 2018 22:37

Good to finally get his wages off the books. He's shite

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Jan 2018 22:46

With one out. Hopefully one in. 8)

Desparately need some grit and physicality in the team.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 28 Jan 2018 00:52

Forest Gump Let’s face it, there’s obviously been a bust up within the Club since the capitulation against Cardiff.
Some players may have been loyal while others have realised that the management team don’t know what the feck they are doing.
So Stam is picking from an ever reducing pool of those who he thinks he can trust; which is the only reason why Beerens and VDB are anywhere near the squad.

Something along these lines almost certainly explains why the likes of Popa can't get a place on the bench yet McCleary, who hasn' t been fully fit for at least a year, still gets regular starts.

Managers selecting from a decreasing number of those they still trust is a sure sign, not that anymore are required in Stam's case, that they are living on borrowed time.

I wish Popa all the best and thoroughly agree he's been treated like sh*t by Stam.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 28 Jan 2018 01:26, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Jan 2018 01:01

Simon's Church Good to finally get his wages off the books. He's shite

With a user name like that you are obviously a good judge.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 28 Jan 2018 05:49

Sad. He'd offer 10x more than Beerens, Aluko or McCleary in the current slump that we're in. Some pace and positivity.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2018 06:16

Did deserve a go. Not convinced he would have been the answer but always looked lively.

But If he wasn’t going to play then he needed to be shipped out. No good him just sitting round in the u23

Good luck to him anyway

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Jan 2018 07:12

Disgraceful if true.

Presumably disagreed with the management over training methods/style of play.

Therefore how about getting shot of Stam and making Popa manager instead?

Seriously though who knows what the hell has gone on there, something got broken and we'll never know unless Popa writes his autobiography.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2018 08:51

This is confrimed btw. Loan til end of season

So never know, may see him again next year (if Stam isn’t here of course)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Jan 2018 09:06

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... om_Royals/

READING FC outcast Adrian Popa has left Madejski Stadium to join Saudi Arabian side Al-Taawoun on a six-month loan deal, the player has announced.

Romanian international Popa has reportedly sought a move away from the club for several months following a lack of first team football.

In fact, the last time he featured for Royals was a cameo appearance from the bench in their 2-2 draw with Cardiff City on December 11.

The 29-year-old winger asked boss Jaap Stam if he could appear regularly for the club's Under 23s side to keep up his fitness.

And it appears he has now sealed a loan move in order to get more playing time.

The winger posted the news on Instagram and said the loan will expire on June 30.

Popa made a total of 16 Championship appearances for Reading, scoring once.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jan 2018 10:23

Hound Did deserve a go. Not convinced he would have been the answer but always looked lively.

But If he wasn’t going to play then he needed to be shipped out. No good him just sitting round in the u23

Good luck to him anyway

+1

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Jan 2018 12:16

I always thought he was a poor signing. I'm glad he's gone for one reason: maybe now thise who champion him will finally shut up about "how isn't he getting into the team ahead of..."

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 29 Jan 2018 13:47

NewCorkSeth I always thought he was a poor signing. I'm glad he's gone for one reason: maybe now those who champion him will finally shut up

Yeah, good luck with that. :wink: Even people who saw him in U23's said he wasn't that dominant. There's nothing sinister or juicy about this (which will disappoint many), but he just never seemed good enough to me at this juncture. In any event, this looks like good business for us at this time. We can use his wages on Tommy Elphick who is someone that will likely contribute a lot more. It will get Popa more playing time, and if he sets the world on fire in Saudi - which he presumably should, at that level, given all the hype from some of 'the fans' in here - then we could possibly bring him back anyway. So, a 'thumbs up' on this one from me.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 29 Jan 2018 18:36

Said on another Popa thread that I've been expecting him to go, so this is no surprise. Suspect he won't play for us again.

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1