CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

183 posts
TiagoIlori

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by TiagoIlori » 25 May 2018 02:36

Hound don't really believe anything from the Chronic, but sure we'd have an interest if he was available. Suspect a lot of that will be down to the PO final result. If Villa do go up, there's no way they are going to want to keep him

Neither, it’s coming from the same reporter that cocked up with Oliveira and genuinely reported seeing Forestieri in Reading when he was in a completely different country so I’m taking this with a massive pinch of salt :lol:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 25 May 2018 11:14

Denver Royal
bcubed
Hound with McShane as well, he is obviously less comfortable on the ball than Ilori or Moore. It was probably more of an effort to play the possession game mentally. Really he should just concentrate on being a bit of a thug and organising the back line

Yeh a couple of really tall thugs in the centre of defence works wonders in this division. Ask Warnock

Yep, and poor Bod was up against ‘two big lumps’ most weeks.

Of course, Warnock also figured out, very early doors, that a couple of really tall thugs, if that’s what they are, work wonders in the Champ at the other end of the park, too. Imagine the plus/minus of that over a 46-game season compared to our’s?

We, however, will do it our way. We will do it differently, and despite our possession footy, we will be much more entertaining.

Right now we are currently eagerly awaiting the signing of Tommy Elphick who may, or may not, beat out Tiago Ilori.

If we get a new CB, IMO we could play Ilori as a defensive midfielder,
add strength and height and not inconsiderable ball-skills there.

I also think he would make a fine CB if given a decent long run

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 25 May 2018 12:30

Can someone change the title of this thread please - or create a new thread as it's no longer relevant.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 May 2018 14:32

Denver Royal Of course, Warnock also figured out, very early doors, that a couple of really tall thugs, if that’s what they are, work wonders in the Champ at the other end of the park, too.

err that's what Warnock has always done and it's usually throughout the team

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 25 May 2018 15:03

leon
Denver Royal Of course, Warnock also figured out, very early doors, that a couple of really tall thugs, if that’s what they are, work wonders in the Champ at the other end of the park, too.

That was kind of the point

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 May 2018 15:05

bcubed
leon

I read it as early doors in the season because Colin’s being doing that since he managed in the bottom leagues.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 25 May 2018 18:42

leon
bcubed
leon

I read it as early doors in the season because Colin’s being doing that since he managed in the bottom leagues.

That was Denver

I was suggesting he always does this, as you say

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 25 May 2018 19:21

Snowball
Denver Royal
bcubed
Yeh a couple of really tall thugs in the centre of defence works wonders in this division. Ask Warnock

Yep, and poor Bod was up against ‘two big lumps’ most weeks.

Of course, Warnock also figured out, very early doors, that a couple of really tall thugs, if that’s what they are, work wonders in the Champ at the other end of the park, too. Imagine the plus/minus of that over a 46-game season compared to our’s?

We, however, will do it our way. We will do it differently, and despite our possession footy, we will be much more entertaining.

Right now we are currently eagerly awaiting the signing of Tommy Elphick who may, or may not, beat out Tiago Ilori.

If we get a new CB, IMO we could play Ilori as a defensive midfielder,
add strength and height and not inconsiderable ball-skills there.

I also think he would make a fine CB if given a decent long run

He’s not tenacious enough by far. He could be a good centre back no doubt.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 May 2018 22:28

bcubed
leon
bcubed

That was Denver

Excellent, so we’re cool?

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 25 May 2018 23:10

bcubed
leon
bcubed

That was Denver

bcubed, yep, agree with you. Hence why I said ‘Very early doors...’.

Warnock has employed those type strategies for years. And with him holding the record for promotions, it’s clearly not something he only just discovered this past season. He knows this division really well, he knows what works and what doesn’t, and he knows which players will work and which one’s won’t.

Obv PL is another matter, but they are saying the playoff final on Sat is worth 175mil quid to the winner.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 May 2018 23:14

Under Warnock Leeds were thugs. This Cardiff side have a far better disciplinary record than we have. They have hardly been thugs. Physical yes but not overly so.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 May 2018 23:31

Denver Royal
bcubed
leon

That was Denver

bcubed, yep, agree with you. Hence why I said ‘Very early doors...’.

Warnock has employed those type strategies for years. And with him holding the record for promotions, it’s clearly not something he only just discovered this past season. He knows this division really well, he knows what works and what doesn’t, and he knows which players will work and which one’s won’t.

Obv PL is another matter, but they are saying the playoff final on Sat is worth 175mil quid to the winner.

Right, OK. :lol:

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 25 May 2018 23:47

Zip Under Warnock Leeds were thugs. This Cardiff side have a far better disciplinary record than we have. They have hardly been thugs. Physical yes but not overly so.

Zip, I hear you, but how many in here would want Warnock though? We could flap around for the next decade, hire Warnock out of retirement, and some still wouldn’t want him near the club, even if we then got promotion to PL.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 May 2018 00:27

Denver Royal
Zip Under Warnock Leeds were thugs. This Cardiff side have a far better disciplinary record than we have. They have hardly been thugs. Physical yes but not overly so.

Zip, I hear you, but how many in here would want Warnock though? We could flap around for the next decade, hire Warnock out of retirement, and some still wouldn’t want him near the club, even if we then got promotion to PL.

Yep I understand why a lot wouldn’t want him as manager. I used to really dislike him. Not so these days. At least he adds a bit of colour to the game and is very good at creating a siege mentality within a club which results in a fighting spirit conspicuous by its absence at Reading FC last season.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 26 May 2018 00:51

Zip
Denver Royal

Yep I understand why a lot wouldn’t want him as manager. I used to really dislike him. Not so these days. At least he adds a bit of colour to the game and is very good at creating a siege mentality within a club which results in a fighting spirit conspicuous by its absence at Reading FC last season.

I actually don’t like him much either. He’s not easy to like. But he clearly knows what he’s doing in the Champ, and he has done for years.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 27 May 2018 01:03

leon
bcubed
leon

That was Denver

Excellent, so we’re cool?

Yeh we cool

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 May 2018 10:21

Be good to get this deal done. Apart from playing a part in Ipswich debacle he has looked assured in games played

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 May 2018 11:44

paultheroyal Be good to get this deal done. Apart from playing a part in Ipswich debacle he has looked assured in games played

Villa fans want him to stay and believe Terry will leave. I suspect they may struggle to keep hold of Chester who is a PL quality centre half. We may not have a chance to sign Elphick now

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 05 Jun 2018 09:07

Zip
paultheroyal Be good to get this deal done. Apart from playing a part in Ipswich debacle he has looked assured in games played

Villa fans want him to stay and believe Terry will leave. I suspect they may struggle to keep hold of Chester who is a PL quality centre half. We may not have a chance to sign Elphick now

Terry has left

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Jun 2018 09:12

Reading4eva
Zip

Terry has left

Rumoured to be moving to Derby....

183 posts