CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

183 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7570
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by Hound » 04 Feb 2018 10:12

Twisted knee from the sound of it. Could be anything from a week to a couple of months out.

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20337
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by genome » 04 Feb 2018 11:55

He was walking off fairly unaided so hopefully that's a good sign

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1895
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by windermereROYAL » 04 Feb 2018 11:58

genome wrote:He was walking off fairly unaided so hopefully that's a good sign


He came out of the tunnel on crutches near the end.

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20337
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by genome » 04 Feb 2018 13:15

That's not a good sign :lol:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1895
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by windermereROYAL » 04 Feb 2018 13:25

Wonder if he will have his scan and treatment at villa?


User avatar
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 11394
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 22:39
Location: Sorry Jaap, even I now think you have lost the plot.

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by RoyalBlue » 04 Feb 2018 13:44

genome wrote:He was walking off fairly unaided so hopefully that's a good sign


When someone goes down with a knee injury and has to be subbed, it always amazes me that the physio then allows them to walk off, still putting weight on the injured knee. Why take the chance of making the injury worse, before it's been properly assessed?

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20337
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by genome » 06 Feb 2018 13:31

Out for 6 weeks :x

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5556
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Feb 2018 13:32

genome wrote:Out for 6 weeks :x


It's cool, we have Tyler Blackett.

Oh.......

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6335
Joined: 12 Apr 2005 19:22
Location: South Coast

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by Victor Meldrew » 06 Feb 2018 13:38

RoyalBlue wrote:
genome wrote:He was walking off fairly unaided so hopefully that's a good sign


When someone goes down with a knee injury and has to be subbed, it always amazes me that the physio then allows them to walk off, still putting weight on the injured knee. Why take the chance of making the injury worse, before it's been properly assessed?


The club has previous-Sonko.


User avatar
Vision
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6058
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 20:53

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by Vision » 06 Feb 2018 13:46

Victor Meldrew wrote:
RoyalBlue wrote:
genome wrote:He was walking off fairly unaided so hopefully that's a good sign


When someone goes down with a knee injury and has to be subbed, it always amazes me that the physio then allows them to walk off, still putting weight on the injured knee. Why take the chance of making the injury worse, before it's been properly assessed?


The club has previous-Sonko.


Wasn't the issue with Sonko, not that we walked him off the pitch but that we actually sent him back out to play!!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6335
Joined: 12 Apr 2005 19:22
Location: South Coast

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by Victor Meldrew » 06 Feb 2018 14:01

Vision wrote:
Victor Meldrew wrote:
RoyalBlue wrote:
When someone goes down with a knee injury and has to be subbed, it always amazes me that the physio then allows them to walk off, still putting weight on the injured knee. Why take the chance of making the injury worse, before it's been properly assessed?


The club has previous-Sonko.


Wasn't the issue with Sonko, not that we walked him off the pitch but that we actually sent him back out to play!!


Same lack of care though.

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7570
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by Hound » 06 Feb 2018 14:42

Old Man Andrews wrote:
genome wrote:Out for 6 weeks :x


It's cool, we have Tyler Blackett.

Oh.......


Thing is we need him now. Ilori has a dodgy injury record and have nobody else to partner Moore until McShane is back (I’d rather Blackett anyway)

Coppells Lost Coat
Member
Posts: 363
Joined: 28 Sep 2017 15:44

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by Coppells Lost Coat » 06 Feb 2018 14:47

Such a shame. So we play Blackett in his preferred role, hopefully gets a run in the team at CB rather being left stranded out on the left. Hopefully Richards gets some game time too + some of our rated yoof on the bench. Not the ideal scenario to play out but it realistically our only option.


User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5556
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Feb 2018 14:57

Hound wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
genome wrote:Out for 6 weeks :x


It's cool, we have Tyler Blackett.

Oh.......


Thing is we need him now. Ilori has a dodgy injury record and have nobody else to partner Moore until McShane is back (I’d rather Blackett anyway)


Yep we do. I don't rate him but theres literally zero point in the supporters getting on his back at the moment, doesn't help.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7489
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by Sutekh » 06 Feb 2018 15:13

Tyler is a much better left sided centre back than he is a left back

There is also Joey

Looks bright if Elphick and McShane are out for another month or two doesn't it?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1895
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by windermereROYAL » 06 Feb 2018 17:56

Out for 2 months following his scan, well that's bloody good news innit? like this season couldn't get any worse it just did.

User avatar
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1914
Joined: 07 Jan 2012 17:23
Location: Ascot

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Feb 2018 18:00

Sutekh wrote:Tyler is a much better left sided centre back than he is a left back

There is also Joey

Looks bright if Elphick and McShane are out for another month or two doesn't it?


Joey for I like as a defensive midfielder, as a centre back? Urgh!!!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1895
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by windermereROYAL » 06 Feb 2018 18:15

If the timing is accurate. 6 weeks out he could/should be back for the Easter programme and the last 8 games, might need him tbf.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7489
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by Sutekh » 06 Feb 2018 18:19

windermereROYAL wrote:Out for 2 months following his scan, well that's bloody good news innit? like this season couldn't get any worse it just did.


Might be back for Preston at home then....

User avatar
leon
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 18596
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 09:18
Location: Hips, Lips, Tits, Power

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by leon » 06 Feb 2018 18:22

Ascotexgunner wrote:
Sutekh wrote:Tyler is a much better left sided centre back than he is a left back

There is also Joey

Looks bright if Elphick and McShane are out for another month or two doesn't it?


Joey for I like as a defensive midfielder, as a centre back? Urgh!!!

Evans drops into DM and Joey to CB

183 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alfie9, Google [Bot] and 71 guests

It is currently 13 Dec 2018 06:20