Stam blames poor past management

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

Stam blames poor past management

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 28 Jan 2018 17:37

Well, what is this complete nonsense on GetReading or whatever it is called now?

Voldemort allegedly blaming poor past management of the club on his inability to do very much in the transfer window.

That is simply incredulous. How much did he spend last summer?

*Klaxon: Strap to the thread.....

strap
Hob Nob Regular

Stam and reality have finally parted company ...

by strap » 28 Jan 2018 17:37

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/stam-blames-poor-past-management-for-transfer-market-woes/

I am now seriously fearing for Stam's sanity, I really am!

Not content with blaming the fans, then the players for his failings, he is now blaming past management for HIS failings in the transfer market!!!

The number of duds he's signed since he's been here continues to mount. And despite spending more money (net of transfer out) than all the other RFC managers IN THE HISTORY OF THE FOOTBALL CLUB, he is now whinging that he cannot spend more because of previous mismanagement!!!

Stam needs to be sectioned for his own safety.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Stam blames poor past management

by Zip » 28 Jan 2018 17:45

If this is true then he is a complete tool. We spent the best part of £20 million on players last year. He has been backed to the hilt. There are no excuses here. The buck stops with him.
Quite rightly our owners are unwilling to back him much further. They must be pretty hacked off with such a poor return on all of their investment.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Jan 2018 18:01

What an arsepipe. Despite wanting him to piss off I didn't want to actively dislike him, especially because of our relative achievement last season, but he's making it extraordinarily difficult.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 28 Jan 2018 18:05

Can’t think of any players the previous recent managers spent money on. Certainly nothing like £7m on a donkey like Aluko.

I can only imagine that with comments like that he wants to get sacked.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2018 18:14

Likewise, raking my brain for what he is referring to

There was no doubt some expensive loans under Clarke, and maybe some inflated contracts to the likes of Williams, but can’t imagine would think nearly every other contract bar Quinn who was obvs a waste of wages has been with him here

It’s sad to see tbh. Take some responsibility man. People would like and respect you a lot more

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 28 Jan 2018 18:18

Just fcuk off Stam

Berry

by Berry » 28 Jan 2018 18:35

Insanity.....The guy needs to be sectioned....He will be blaming Coppell for the 106 season next....Crawl away Stam..Please

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 Jan 2018 19:00

Yet the squad last year was largely inherited by other managers and 22 players have been brought in since he came in? Reading were in an extremely dark period not so long ago because of bad ownership, especially Adkins who had to replace his star striker with a couple of pennies yet funnily enough we still were never really looking at going down unlike Stam’s reign who’s already smashed our transfer record twice. Feel like he’s trying his best to wind the fans up at this point, he never takes responsibility always someone else’s fault

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 28 Jan 2018 19:04

Sounds as if Stam has turned on Trevenden and is blaming him for buying the wrong players/spending too much.

You do have to wonder what say Stam has had in recruitment since he has been here - very little if this article is true.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Jan 2018 19:09

It suggests that Stam doesn't have much of a say in signings TBF.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Jan 2018 19:19

Scutterbucketz Can’t think of any players the previous recent managers spent money on. Certainly nothing like £7m on a donkey like Aluko.

What squad did Brian inherit after Steve Clarke's departure?

Money was spent with no long term aim. Promotion or bust.

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 28 Jan 2018 19:34

I cant take any more bring Sir Steve back Little and Downes as assistants.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 28 Jan 2018 19:56

Maybe he's talking about th £15m loss we made the season before he took over and since then we've stopped receiving parachute payments? Or the fact we had a wage bill of almost double the likes of Leeds and Ipswich?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Jan 2018 19:59

I feel it's only right that after these latest developments we have another poll assessing where people stand now.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 28 Jan 2018 20:13

CountryRoyal I feel it's only right that after these latest developments we have another poll assessing where people stand now.

Perhaps we need a poll to determine whether we need another poll? (I'll get my coat ... :oops: )

Berry

by Berry » 28 Jan 2018 20:34

strap
CountryRoyal I feel it's only right that after these latest developments we have another poll assessing where people stand now.

Perhaps we need a poll to determine whether we need another poll? (I'll get my coat ... :oops: )

Don't overcomplicate things...Polls go sideways and backwards, best to go forwards in my opinion

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jan 2018 20:36

He's not wrong we've been mismanaged in previous seasons. Anton screwed the oxf*rd out of us lumbering us with expensive lumps like Pogrebnyak, Drenthe and Guthrie. Williams at least contributed but was well over paid. Etc, etc. Clarke spent badly too.

The only thing Stam has wrong is that the mismanagement didn't stop with his tenure. Popa, Weiser, Aluko, new contracts to McCleary and Kermorgant. Etc, etc etc.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2018 20:51

Simon's Church Maybe he's talking about th £15m loss we made the season before he took over and since then we've stopped receiving parachute payments? Or the fact we had a wage bill of almost double the likes of Leeds and Ipswich?

The wage bill was and still is horrendous

But it’s not like we’ve really had to cut back this year on wages, as it shows with the lengthy contracts handed out and the new signings who no doubt didn’t come cheap. He’s not had to sell anyone this year.

If he’d said this at the same time last year, I’d have sympathy. As it is, it just comes over as excuse making

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Jan 2018 20:54

Was Popa on high wages then?