BFT Appalling mess at home

152 posts
Gloucesterroyal

Re: BFT Appalling mess at home

by Gloucesterroyal » 03 Feb 2018 18:30

genome Barrow is the only player who can hold his head up after that.

Everyone else can fuck off, including the fans who booed Blackett. Not really sure what else to say.

Tired of opposition fans coming here and having a great time :lol:

Well said. Actual swearing made me chuckle too.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Feb 2018 18:32

Would like some stats to know if this is heading towards our worse ever season at home. cant be far away surely?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 03 Feb 2018 18:33

Gav
Winston Biscuit I think that is the first time I have ever heard our fans boo one of our own players.

Disgraceful and embarrassing.

Leigertwood against Villa(?)

Disgraceful then and not a lot better now

Leigertwood's substitution off was cheered. He wasn't booed.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 03 Feb 2018 18:35

P!ssed Off
Gav
Winston Biscuit I think that is the first time I have ever heard our fans boo one of our own players.

Disgraceful and embarrassing.

Cheered or jeered? Maybe my memory was playing tricks on me, but I remember it being an uncomfortably hostile reaction to someone who had been a great player for us

EDIT: no, memory is fine: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/thetileh ... eigertwood

Gloucesterroyal

by Gloucesterroyal » 03 Feb 2018 18:37

Yeah. Let's boycott the game. I've been boycotting the team pretty much every game for the last 8 or 10 years. In fact, it's that bad I might start boycotting the BBC website football page.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 03 Feb 2018 18:38

It would be easy to say this was our worst performance of the season-but there have now been so many, that today was just so much like what has gone before.I really do think that apart from pfaffing around at the back;the real problem is Joey. He is supposed to be the teams heartbeat-yet he is just so slow and cumbersome. Its all very well saying get the ball forward more quickly; but with him there it just takes us so long to get organised. Why cant Jaap see it-its not rocket science FFS !

IMHO:

Vito 5: A couple of scary moments 1st half when his pass outs put us under pressure. One good interception, when we were in real trouble. Could have he have done better for the goals ? I was too far away to tell.

Gunts 6: One of our few better players; but he is just not a strong enough a personality to be captain.
Bacuna 4: He has to play in midfield FFS; its obvious. Couple of defensive errors 1st half, and then gave up when the goals went in.
Moore4: The chance of going to Wet Sham has finished him. For 20 mins !st half he was really bad & Moore at his best probably would been more decisive on their goals.
Illori 6: Wasn't all bad, and there is a really classy central defender in there; but he is learning on the job.
Tommy: Got caught out a couple of times-looks like he will be out for some time.

Joey 0: Why is Jaap playing him-we can no longer afford to have him in the team-for all his faults Evans is the better option-Joey personifies why Jaaps system doesn't work.
Edwards 4: Just not suited to this system-he is clearly better with space and picking up the knock downs-just not a footballing midfielder.

Kermit 0: He goes on about the shortcomings of those around him-but he needs to take a long hard look at himself.Whats he going to be like next season ?

Daddi 6: Put himself about and cant really be faulted for effort.

Mo: 9: Shredded their RB; who had to be taken off-if only Martin had started to exploit his dominance.

Tyler: I feel sorry for the guy-on the 2nd goal a bad pass from Joey, just left him with no where to go=heads now gone-such a shame.

Macca and Martin: Not on long enough to judge-but certainly not game changers.

Ref: usual jumped up pip squeak ; but we have had worse-the booking of Edwards was ridiculous.

Jaap: Alright the players aren't listening to him-but why does he keep on playing Joey & Kermit-its just being stubborn-while the likes of Poppa & Meighte & Mendis just havent been given an opportunity.

Millwall : Any team with Jake Cooper in it aren't going to be world beaters-but there is a lesson there for Jaap-just do the simple things well ; when you have an opportunity shoot and don't pfaff around with Hollywood passes and putting limited players under pressure with ambitious tactics.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 03 Feb 2018 18:41

Gav
P!ssed Off
Gav

Cheered or jeered? Maybe my memory was playing tricks on me, but I remember it being an uncomfortably hostile reaction to someone who had been a great player for us

EDIT: no, memory is fine: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/thetileh ... eigertwood

:|
He wasn't booed.
So you were wrong.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 03 Feb 2018 18:42

It would be easy to say this was our worst performance of the season-but there have now been so many, that today was just so much like what has gone before.I really do think that apart from pfaffing around at the back;the real problem is Joey. He is supposed to be the teams heartbeat-yet he is just so slow and cumbersome. Its all very well saying get the ball forward more quickly; but with him there it just takes us so long to get organised. Why cant Jaap see it-its not rocket science FFS !

IMHO:

Vito 5: A couple of scary moments 1st half when his pass outs put us under pressure. One good interception, when we were in real trouble. Could have he have done better for the goals ? I was too far away to tell.

Gunts 6: One of our few better players; but he is just not a strong enough a personality to be captain.
Bacuna 4: He has to play in midfield FFS; its obvious. Couple of defensive errors 1st half, and then gave up when the goals went in.
Moore4: The chance of going to Wet Sham has finished him. For 20 mins !st half he was really bad & Moore at his best probably would been more decisive on their goals.
Illori 6: Wasn't all bad, and there is a really classy central defender in there; but he is learning on the job.
Tommy: Got caught out a couple of times-looks like he will be out for some time.

Joey 0: Why is Jaap playing him-we can no longer afford to have him in the team-for all his faults Evans is the better option-Joey personifies why Jaaps system doesn't work.
Edwards 4: Just not suited to this system-he is clearly better with space and picking up the knock downs-just not a footballing midfielder.

Kermit 0: He goes on about the shortcomings of those around him-but he needs to take a long hard look at himself.Whats he going to be like next season ?

Mo: 9: Shredded their RB; who had to be taken off-if only Martin had started to exploit his dominance.

Tyler: I feel sorry for the guy-on the 2nd goal a bad pass from Joey, just left him with no where to go=heads now gone-such a shame.

Ref: usual jumped up pip squeak ; but we have had worse-the booking of Edwards was ridiculous.

Jaap: Alright the players aren't listening to him-but why does he keep on playing Joey & Kermit-its just being stubborn-while the likes of Poppa & Meighte & Mendis just havent been given an opportunity.

Millwall : Any team with Jake Cooper in it aren't going to be world beaters-but there is a lesson there for Jaap-just do the simple things well ; when you have an opportunity shoot and don't pfaff around with Hollywood passes and putting limited players under pressure with ambitious tactics.

Gloucesterroyal

by Gloucesterroyal » 03 Feb 2018 18:43

Westwood52 It would be easy to say this was our worst performance of the season-but there have now been so many, that today was just so much like what has gone before.I really do think that apart from pfaffing around at the back;the real problem is Joey. He is supposed to be the teams heartbeat-yet he is just so slow and cumbersome. Its all very well saying get the ball forward more quickly; but with him there it just takes us so long to get organised. Why cant Jaap see it-its not rocket science FFS !

IMHO:

Re JDVB. He's got the turning circle of an oil tanker.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 03 Feb 2018 18:44

P!ssed Off
Gav
P!ssed Off

He wasn't booed.
So you were wrong.

So, to boo Leigertwood and to cheer his replacement Danny Guthrie was, fundamentally, to misunderstand what our club is all about.

I’ll trust the combination of my own memory and the eyewitness report written at the time over you telling me I’m wrong, ta

Forty

by Forty » 03 Feb 2018 18:45

JS has one job, and only one job. To get the best out of his group of players.

Would anyone be brave enough to suggest he's doing that, collectively or individually?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Feb 2018 18:47

P!ssed Off
Gav
P!ssed Off

He wasn't booed.
So you were wrong.

Well, now we know that there's a dramatic difference between negative cheering, jeering and booing, we can all rest easy.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 03 Feb 2018 18:49

This isn't about Blackett, it's about a team devoid of confidence and clueless as to what system to play.

Everyone had renewed optimism after the recent signings and away win but we failed to deliver.

I can recall a shot on target or any vague attacking threat.

Stam has had much more backing and latitude than any other manager but has continually failed to deliver. you'd have to think this squad is good enough but Stam isn't getting the best out of them.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 03 Feb 2018 18:58

Clear difference, jeering/cheering Leigertwood's substitution off was a reaction aimed at McDermott for playing him every game when he was so clearly out of his depth. Nothing personal, manager's fault for not recognising his limitations.

Blackett was booed in possession of the ball, a reaction aimed soley at the player, not the manager.

Berry

by Berry » 03 Feb 2018 19:04

The players don't want to play for him anymore...You can blame Blackett, the lack of a striker etc etc...But they are showing that they don't want to play for him anymore...Its obvious for all to see....Sad times indeed

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 03 Feb 2018 19:05

P!ssed Off Clear difference, jeering/cheering Leigertwood's substitution off was a reaction aimed at McDermott for playing him every game when he was so clearly out of his depth. Nothing personal, manager's fault for not recognising his limitations.

Blackett was booed in possession of the ball, a reaction aimed soley at the player, not the manager.

I can agree with that to an extent, but whether it was aimed at Legs personally or not is a bit irrelevant imho. He was getting abused from the stands and we’ll never know how he interpreted it (nor can either of us qualify the sentiment of every person who booed/jeered/cheered). The initial comment was whether we’ve booed our own player before, and according to my memory... we have.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Feb 2018 19:06

Berry The players don't want to play for him anymore...

You cant say that on here, people wont like that sort of talk!

Although I agree and have done so all season. oxf*rd rigfht they're not playing for him!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 03 Feb 2018 19:11

I booed Paul Holsgrove once.
I wasn't alone.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 03 Feb 2018 19:13

Gav
P!ssed Off Clear difference, jeering/cheering Leigertwood's substitution off was a reaction aimed at McDermott for playing him every game when he was so clearly out of his depth. Nothing personal, manager's fault for not recognising his limitations.

I can agree with that to an extent, but whether it was aimed at Legs personally or not is a bit irrelevant imho. He was getting abused from the stands and we’ll never know how he interpreted it (nor can either of us qualify the sentiment of every person who booed/jeered/cheered). The initial comment was whether we’ve booed our own player before, and according to my memory... we have.

Well the substitution of Liam Kelly for Tiago Illori was booed earlier this season. So you could try and interpret that as Illori being booed if you wanted to, or Kelly being booed.

Reacting to a substitution is far more ambiguous than reacting to a player in possession.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Feb 2018 19:14

Oilroyal
Berry The players don't want to play for him anymore...

You cant say that on here, people wont like that sort of talk!

Because it's patently bollocks. Did you see the celebration after our 2nd goal on Tuesday?

Post disclaimer: Please do not get overly sensitive over my reply. It's okay to have your opinion challenged. It doesn't mean I'm out to get you. Thanks, Genome.

152 posts