BFT Appalling mess at home

152 posts
Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFT Appalling mess at home

by Oilroyal » 03 Feb 2018 20:23

genome
Oilroyal
genome I don't think he's being misleading. I didn't say that he was.

what were you saying then?

That saying he played well is idiotic.

I agree. To put the boy on and then take him off after having a mare of 15 minutes was completely destructive to the players progression as a Reading football club employee and totally selfish and in favour of Stam's own agenda. But Stam covered it up well in the interview, as always.
Last edited by Oilroyal on 03 Feb 2018 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 03 Feb 2018 20:25

Gav
Winston Biscuit I think that is the first time I have ever heard our fans boo one of our own players.

Disgraceful and embarrassing.

Leigertwood against Villa(?)

Disgraceful then and not a lot better now

I vaguely remember Liburd getting booed for losing the ball against Brentford

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 03 Feb 2018 20:28

This is becoming one of the most embarrassing reigns in Reading history. The end of Stam can't come soon enough and the longer the clueless Gourlay and owners wait on this the further we sink. He isn't turning it around, beating Burton and getting in an added striker should have finally been the platform to go on a run but instead we lose to a completely shite team at home...with complete ease, again. Many predicted this too sadly.

re the booing, it never helps and I've never done it but I am sure its directed at Stam for picking the useless guy instead of him personally. Its not his fault he's not good enough. Anyone thats deemed useless up in Scotland as Celtic fans called him isn't going to come to the championship and fair much better.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 03 Feb 2018 20:44

Missed this game and Brentford because I really have no enthusiasm anymore for the club as is. Felt I had better things to do on Saturday than sit there bored and frustrated. My ST sits in the draw till he's gone. Nothing will change. The club has my money so I'm probably not achieving anything, but Ive just had enough.
I have no idea what the match was like but from the comments I can guess.
I was actually more angry at some stupid f#cktard having a go as Adi Williams and defending Stam on BBCRB. Knob. I've been following the club since the days of Charlie Hurley and I just can't remember us ever being this bad....even Burns wasn't this bad. At least we got the ball up the other end of the pitch.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Feb 2018 20:53

Ascotexgunner I was actually more angry at some stupid f#cktard having a go as Adi Williams and defending Stam on BBCRB.

I heard that too. embarrassing bellend

Caller: Why didn't you ask Stam if he will resign?
Dellor: I did.
Caller: Why didn't you ask him to resign last season?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Feb 2018 20:55

FiNeRaIn This is becoming one of the most embarrassing reigns in Reading history. The end of Stam can't come soon enough and the longer the clueless Gourlay and owners wait on this the further we sink. He isn't turning it around, beating Burton and getting in an added striker should have finally been the platform to go on a run but instead we lose to a completely shite team at home...with complete ease, again. Many predicted this too sadly.

This 100% and yes many predicted the outcome

re the booing, it never helps and I've never done it but I am sure its directed at Stam for picking the useless guy instead of him personally. Its not his fault he's not good enough. Anyone thats deemed useless up in Scotland as Celtic fans called him isn't going to come to the championship and fair much better.

We shoud never boo our own players, just boo useless managers who portray to be the real deal

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 03 Feb 2018 21:08

windermereROYAL Would like some stats to know if this is heading towards our worse ever season at home. cant be far away surely?

Currently enjoying a rather pleasant night away with my good lady. Will post some
Stats when I get home tomorrow - although the stats showing just how bad the Dutch F U C K W I T Tw@t is just keep mounting! I doubt one more will make any difference!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Feb 2018 21:08

Oilroyal
Snowflake Royal
Oilroyal
You cant say that on here, people wont like that sort of talk!

Although I agree and have done so all season. oxf*rd rigfht they're not playing for him!

Yeah, that's why Gunter ran half the length of the pitch to celebrate with him in literally the last game.

Yep saw that... good wasn’t it... and your point here is?

It's actual evidence there's isn't a rift between the players and Stam, rather than your unevidenced random belief there's a rift between the players and Stam.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 03 Feb 2018 21:13

FiNeRaIn This is becoming one of the most embarrassing reigns in Reading history. The end of Stam can't come soon enough and the longer the clueless Gourlay and owners wait on this the further we sink. He isn't turning it around, beating Burton and getting in an added striker should have finally been the platform to go on a run but instead we lose to a completely shite team at home...with complete ease, again. Many predicted this too sadly.

I think the booing was at Blackett himself to be honest. He was dispossessed a number of times, and THAT time it led to their second goal. Joey had a go at him after it. Not saying its right, but understandable. Their first goal was unlucky for us (shown as an Bacuna OG on BBC) - their second just piled on the pressure.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Feb 2018 21:16

Snowflake Royal
Oilroyal
Snowflake Royal Yeah, that's why Gunter ran half the length of the pitch to celebrate with him in literally the last game.

Yep saw that... good wasn’t it... and your point here is?

It's actual evidence there's isn't a rift between the players and Stam, rather than your unevidenced random belief there's a rift between the players and Stam.

You could be right Ian, although Gunter (your least favourite player) running over to Stam dose not confirm that this team is at odds with the manager. It may confirm Gunter’s joy (and I rate Gunter) of scoring his solitary seasonal goal.

The scene witnessed does not dispel fact or fiction

Marcus Crassus

by Marcus Crassus » 03 Feb 2018 21:50

Illori 6, my god you must be blind. He was utterly putrid. And as for feeling sorry for Blacket, words fail me. He put in a performance today that would have embarrassed Ray Charles.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Feb 2018 22:01

Marcus Crassus Illori 6, my god you must be blind. He was utterly putrid. And as for feeling sorry for Blacket, words fail me. He put in a performance today that would have embarrassed Ray Charles.

The Ray Charles gag made me laugh, but Blacklet who had 14 years under contract to Manchester United has just turned to shit under Stam, well that got me thinking!

Marcus Crassus

by Marcus Crassus » 03 Feb 2018 22:12

Oilroyal
Marcus Crassus Illori 6, my god you must be blind. He was utterly putrid. And as for feeling sorry for Blacket, words fail me. He put in a performance today that would have embarrassed Ray Charles.

The Ray Charles gag made me laugh, but Blacklet who had 14 years under contract to Manchester United has just turned to shit under Stam, well that got me thinking!

Fair point. Problem is that the Dutch football model is broken and JS is far to stubborn to change. TB is a good athlete but concentration wise, ho hum!

More importantly, we have a sh*t run of fixtures coming up and I can't see where the next point is coming from. Be under no illusion, relegation is a real possibility, which will be a bloody disaster.

Anyway, rant over.

JR

by JR » 03 Feb 2018 22:17

Lower West
Snowflake Royal Blackett's confidence has been obviously shot for the last three months, yet Stam keeps bringing him back in for one game and then dropping him again when it's a shambles. That can't help anyone.

Blackett brings it all on himself. Too many individual errors, lapses of concentration on a frequent basis. Has the attributes to be a good footballer. Lacks the application. Probably has a head turned by money. Seems to lack a desire to win. Will be gone in the summer whatever the outcome of this season. Needs to play in league 2 on a regular basis.

I think this is over complicating the matter. I said to the guy next to me when he came on that we were in trouble because he is just plain thick.

A very dumb footballer who is incredibly lucky to have had any game time given his performances this season.

JR

by JR » 03 Feb 2018 22:22

Oilroyal Neil Harris on Millwall's ‘dominant’ win at Reading

Harris said: “I thought it was a very dominant display, without the ball we were very impressive, very disciplined and organised. On the ball we made really good decisions".

Enough said fold the club

He also said the way Reading set up is perfect for playing against....

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 03 Feb 2018 22:22

Oilroyal

There's a reason he is no longer at Man U and today we saw why - he was in his best position (left CB) but had a nightmare. I think he's generally a decent player but when he has a howler its normally a (near) disaster for us.

In the post match Stam said it was tactical - maybe it was, maybe Stam had planned to sub Illori / Elphick and change shape at that time / in those circumstances. At that time he had the choice of Illori or Blackett off - no brainer decision ...

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Feb 2018 22:26

RG7Fan
Oilroyal

There's a reason he is no longer at Man U and today we saw why - he was in his best position (left CB) but had a nightmare. I think he's generally a decent player but when he has a howler its normally a (near) disaster for us.

In the post match Stam said it was tactical - maybe it was, maybe Stam had planned to sub Illori / Elphick and change shape at that time / in those circumstances. At that time he had the choice of Illori or Blackett off - no brainer decision ...

didn't read that far in but I’m sure he did although most fans knew that already… can someone get word to Stam please.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Feb 2018 22:29

RG7Fan
Oilroyal

still cant see why after 14 years of being nurtured by United, he’s now oxf*rd useless

Marcus Crassus

by Marcus Crassus » 03 Feb 2018 22:31

RG7Fan
Oilroyal

What I don't get is why we can't play percentages. If under pressure facing our goal, play the ball out. Instead, it's just faff about, loose the ball and invariably concede a goal. Football, isn't that complicated, just do the bloody basics right.
What's even more annoying is that Millwall were stock average but fully deserved the win. Am I pi55ed off, you bloody well bet

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Feb 2018 22:39

The players fear doing right, for doing wrong.

Stam's completely fried the players brains. Don’t take my word for it, just look at the table. Or do we have shit players?

152 posts