Boycott

189 posts
ronnyroyal

Re: Boycott

by ronnyroyal » 08 Feb 2018 20:33

Nuremberg Royal
ronnyroyal In short, grow up.

The long version, Boos don’t help. Negative Chants don’t help.

Boo boys have been out since the start of the season, it doesn’t help.

Sacking Stam with so few games left won’t help. You’re dreaming.

Just shut up and support your club.

The 80% of fans stat is rubbish. People are always less inclined to show positive support in all walks of life, it’s easier to be negative and that’s what some are doing. Not even half the Reading fans want Stam out.

Burton Away, there was no negativity even at 0-0 and 1-1.

Get a grip, get to a game and back them you cry babies.

Spot on!!!!

Ta.

ROYALJOE

by ROYALJOE » 08 Feb 2018 20:45

ronnyroyal
ROYALJOE

The 80% of fans stat is rubbish. People are always less inclined to show positive support in all walks of life, it’s easier to be negative and that’s what some are doing. Not even half the Reading fans want Stam out.

Just under 80% want him gone. How can you not be negative, when we lost to Burton/Birmingham/Millwall with no disrespect are poor teams with poor budgets. We finished 3rd last season and have spend 10+ million on new players. we should at least be beating a few of these teams but getting beat every single week now. Anyone going to the games can see its Stam's Tactics/ Selections that are the problem?

I can list the error he made v Millwall, he needs to sort himself out or go ASAP! before its too late IMO :x

playng 5 at the back? no need playing a v.average team
moving bod onto the wing? instead of up front
bring blackett on then taking him off later for tactical reason?! y?
playing kermorgant???
blaming the owners for the style of play (now blamed the players/fans and owners no-one left to blame)

STAM OUT!!! (get the banners out...)

Unless you’ve somehow managed to capture 100% of our fans, you can’t claim to know 80% of them want anything.

And if you have,
I apologise you’re are a a statisticians dream. Please patent this technique.

Well the Stam Out poll is on 74% :roll:

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 08 Feb 2018 20:57

Hendo
double d
John Smith Because there are far more than 3 teams worse than us in this league

No there aren't. You are deluded.

Currently, based on the form over the last 30 games, there are 6.

That would be fine if we were playing at the same level as we were in the first 15-20 games. We aren't. We've got worse. We've only picked up 6 points from the last 10 games. Maintain that form for our last 16 games, and we are in serious trouble.

This season is beginning to feel like the 1998 relegation under Bullivant. We had 36 points from 29 games that year, and their looked no danger, despite not looking great all season. Then the form dipped, the confidence went, and we started taking the field like we expected to lose. That's how it feels now.

People talk about Stam not having a Plan B, but the football we are planing now makes it look like we don't really even have a Plan A.

If I had to put money on it, I'd put it on us staying up, but if anyone who thinks there's almost no chance of us going down just hasn't been watching the last couple of months or so.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Feb 2018 22:10

ronnyroyal
leon

Hi Mrs Stam!

Brilliant.

It’s going to be great having you on board.

stanmoreroyal

by stanmoreroyal » 08 Feb 2018 23:47

My boys and I have decided not to use or season tickets until eitherStam had gone or he radically changes the tactics and starts to win back the confidence of the players.
I'm going to Norwich away in March as a birthday treat. More chance of seeing an away win than a home one at the moment so that will be interesting.
Hopefully more academy players will start to feature soon. Certainly will if we do get relegated and have to drastically cut the wage bill!

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 09 Feb 2018 08:17

Y21
ILoveMoonPig I'm still pro-Stam.

Genuine question, what is it you see in Stam that you want him to continue to manage our club?

Good question! I won't say I'm 100% in, and as I don't go to away games, I'll acknowledge that there are plenty of aspects that I'm not aware of and I'm by no means a good judge of footballing prowess.

But every now and then, we do manage to get a good move together, put in a couple of good passes and some nice movement.

Now that could be just that we have good players or just an artifact of statistics, but I'm hopeful that there is a good, capable team, waiting to get out, we just need that right combination of activity between defense and midfield.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Feb 2018 09:13

You're class. Please post more often

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 09 Feb 2018 09:16

double d
Silver Fox How much have you stuck on us to go down dave? You'll make a pretty penny on that 10/1 certainty

50 at the start of the season

Didn't happen, but what odds did you get on this fantasy bet?

double d

by double d » 09 Feb 2018 10:14

Silver Fox
double d
Silver Fox How much have you stuck on us to go down dave? You'll make a pretty penny on that 10/1 certainty

How would you know? Do you follow me around? Do you know what I do day to day?

Weird person you are......

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 09 Feb 2018 14:42

You chat shit nearly every post you make so it's a safe assumption to make.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Feb 2018 14:44

Platypuss You chat shit nearly every post you make so it's a safe assumption to make.

+1

double d

by double d » 09 Feb 2018 14:57

Old Man Andrews
Platypuss You chat shit nearly every post you make so it's a safe assumption to make.

+1

You know nothing at all

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Feb 2018 14:59

double d
Old Man Andrews

+1

You know nothing at all

I know you're full of sh*t.

double d

by double d » 09 Feb 2018 15:43

Old Man Andrews
double d
Old Man Andrews
+1

You know nothing at all

I know you're full of sh*t.

How exactly?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Feb 2018 15:44

double d
Silver Fox
double d

Nicely avoided....

double d

by double d » 09 Feb 2018 15:53

Hendo
double d
Silver Fox

Nicely avoided....

I don't need to justify myself to anybody on here.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Feb 2018 16:31

double d
Hendo
double d

Nicely avoided....

I don't need to justify myself to anybody on here.

Indeed, although quite happy to shout about how you are going to make all this money putting a bet on at the start of the season, for an outcome which the majority would not have even considered, yet when challenged, unwilling to provide evidence to back up your claim.

JR

by JR » 09 Feb 2018 20:13

ILoveMoonPig
Y21
ILoveMoonPig I'm still pro-Stam.

Genuine question, what is it you see in Stam that you want him to continue to manage our club?

Good question! I won't say I'm 100% in, and as I don't go to away games, I'll acknowledge that there are plenty of aspects that I'm not aware of and I'm by no means a good judge of footballing prowess.

But every now and then, we do manage to get a good move together, put in a couple of good passes and some nice movement.

Now that could be just that we have good players or just an artifact of statistics, but I'm hopeful that there is a good, capable team, waiting to get out, we just need that right combination of activity between defense and midfield.

For what it’s worth I am backing Stam because he is a young manager who is probably learning more through the difficult times than the good times of last season.

He’s hugely articulate and speaks much better post match than the majority of managers.

He has vast top level experience and will find a way to make the most of his experience.

Given his name he makes the club more attractive to potential targets.

He has stuck with Reading despite us having a fickle and largely quiet fan base.

He has the support of the board who recognise that sacking a manager is a short term knee jerk action that won’t always bring success.

St.Mirren sacked Ferguson, United didn’t when he was under pressure - - look how that turned out.

Be patient folks and enjoy the fact you aren’t a Leeds or a Forest with a million managers in recent years.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Feb 2018 20:22

JR
ILoveMoonPig
Y21

For what it’s worth I am backing Stam because he is a young manager who is probably learning more through the difficult times than the good times of last season.

He’s hugely articulate and speaks much better post match than the majority of managers.

He has vast top level experience and will find a way to make the most of his experience.

He has stuck with Reading despite us having a fickle and largely quiet fan base.

He has the support of the board who recognise that sacking a manager is a short term knee jerk action that won’t always bring success.

St.Mirren sacked Ferguson, United didn’t when he was under pressure - - look how that turned out.

Be patient folks and enjoy the fact you aren’t a Leeds or a Forest with a million managers in recent years.
a genuine “post of the season”

Just hope that his “learning curve” gets the opportunity to benefit us....and not some other Championsip club next season....or any season

under the tin

by under the tin » 09 Feb 2018 21:21

JR
ILoveMoonPig
Y21

Articulate? Nah, he suffers from that affliction, where they use 12 words when one will do, also managing in the process not to say much that is actually meaningful, just like a modern politician.
His favourite word is "situation"
Jury's out for me. Granted, his working CV is beyond reproach, having worked at many of the biggest clubs in Europe.
However, RFC is very much "after the Lord Mayor's show" in relative terms. I do wonder if he struggles adjusting to much more stringent budgetary constraints in a much smaller club. Let's face it, if UTD sign a "dud", it's "ah well, it was only a few million" We are not even close to that level.

Fair enough, but should we not be able, therefore, to attract ambitious, quality, young defenders from all over the world, then?

He has stuck with Reading.....

Sorry. Utter bullsh@t.
Stuck with Reading? He's being (very well) paid to do a job. And we aren't exactly using a big stick to fend off the countless enquiries for his services from the likes of Barcelona, Real, Juve. are we?.

"Fickle and Quiet fanbase"

The same Madstad that Colin described as an "intimidating place to go to" in 2006?
There are other clubs where the bloody seats would have been chucked on the pitch given the level of performance in some games this season

I'd like to see the evidence behind that statement

And if Southend United had stuck with Bobby Moore, would he have eventually become the England manager?
It doesn't always work out that way.

[/color]
Last edited by under the tin on 09 Feb 2018 21:51, edited 2 times in total.

189 posts