Boycott

189 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Boycott

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Feb 2018 21:40

Jeez..because he doesn’t kow-tow to our whims and whinges means that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about now. :|

One87One

by One87One » 09 Feb 2018 22:38

A number of fans on social media are trying to organise a walk out on 70 mins bs Derby.

Something visual to make a point.

Ive just decided not to go again until Stam’s gone! I’m not wasting any more of my time tolerating that dire style of football. I’d rather put up with four ignorant little shits and a grumpy Mrs than watch Stam’s football any more, and that really is how bad it’s got!

double d

by double d » 09 Feb 2018 22:42

One87One I’d rather put up with 11 ignorant little shits and a grumpy Stam than stay at home with 4 kids and my mrs, and that really is how bad it’s got!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Feb 2018 22:57

double d
One87One I’d rather put up with 11 ignorant little shits and a grumpy Stam than stay at home with 4 kids and my mrs, and that really is how bad it’s got!
dd...never change

double d

by double d » 09 Feb 2018 23:14

AthleticoSpizz
double d
dd...never change

Well if Pussyplat, Silver Flap, JD69 and Gebone have their way, they would ban me from here. Nice to know I still have some fans :mrgreen:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Feb 2018 23:17

Whoever, whatever you really are....I get an occasional laugh from your contributions :wink:

double d

by double d » 09 Feb 2018 23:18

AthleticoSpizz Whoever, whatever you really are....I get a laugh from your contributions :wink:

That makes me feel very good through some tough (personal times). Whoever you are and wherever you are..... thank you.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Feb 2018 00:16

double d
AthleticoSpizz Whoever, whatever you really are....I get a laugh from your contributions :wink:

That makes me feel very good through some tough (personal times). Whoever you are and wherever you are..... thank you.

Oh just shit off you massive ponce.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 11 Feb 2018 00:48

One87One A number of fans on social media are trying to organise a walk out on 70 mins bs Derby.

Something visual to make a point.

Ive just decided not to go again until Stam’s gone! I’m not wasting any more of my time tolerating that dire style of football. I’d rather put up with four ignorant little shits and a grumpy Mrs than watch Stam’s football any more, and that really is how bad it’s got!

I thought we had already staged a walk out against Millwall
There was a steady stream of people leaving from the moment the second goal went in and hardly anyone left at the end.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Feb 2018 01:31

leon
double d

i don’t believe that we’ve met leon

double d

by double d » 11 Feb 2018 07:27

leon
double d

Pfuck off you clapped out looking helmet troll

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Feb 2018 10:41

AthleticoSpizz
leon
double d

i don’t believe that we’ve met leon

No but I bet we’ve seen each other around at games.

I find dds appalling internet persona quite tiring.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Feb 2018 11:13

Yeah I know, but it all depends on which dd you are getting I suppose.....still believe that it is someone with dual identities.

There are a few ‘personas’’ on here that p1ss me off...and I am sure that I do the same to many others too....but these dsys I just scan-read their comments and interpret them as I so wish.....the good old days hna is long dead.

Doyler

by Doyler » 11 Feb 2018 12:00

I won't be going to the Derby game or the Leeds game. Would rather watch the Six Nations. On the subject of a walk-out, wouldn't it be far more effective to boycott games entirely? It works in Germany and has maintained low ticket prices. Vote with your feet.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 11 Feb 2018 16:06

double d
AthleticoSpizz
double d
dd...never change

Well if Pussyplat, Silver Flap, JD69 and Gebone have their way, they would ban me from here. Nice to know I still have some fans :mrgreen:

Don't flatter yourself.
If I wanted you banned you'd be gone.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 11 Feb 2018 19:45

Are we as the fans actually going to do something about Stam assuming the majority of us here want him out? I feel as though too many things are being talked about but not actually being put into effect which shouldn't be the case given the number of passionate comments I have seen on Social media and heard around the ground. Whilst Boycotting is all good, I really don't think that will have the full effect that we want it to have. It needs to be a boycott where the fans immediately go to an organised protest.

To be clear this is NOT personal against Stam, it would be the same with any manager who currently has the same record that Jaap does.

If so:

1. It needs to be a PEACEFUL protest that doesn't effect the players mid game outside the megastore by the directors parking spots.

2. It needs to be visible to the owners (Stam Out banners etc etc), I would even go as far as putting a letter arranged my the fans on Ron Gourlay and Brian Tevreden's car windscreens stating why it is we want him out and how this can't carry on going forward.

If that still doesn't work and performances aren't improving:

3. Then escalate to a Stress/tennis ball protest though it could prove difficult getting these into the ground.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Feb 2018 19:52

bracksroyal10 Are we as the fans actually going to do something about Stam assuming the majority of us here want him out? I feel as though too many things are being talked about but not actually being put into effect which shouldn't be the case given the number of passionate comments I have seen on Social media and heard around the ground. Whilst Boycotting is all good, I really don't think that will have the full effect that we want it to have. It needs to be a boycott where the fans immediately go to an organised protest.

To be clear this is NOT personal against Stam, it would be the same with any manager who currently has the same record that Jaap does.

If so:

1. It needs to be a PEACEFUL protest that doesn't effect the players mid game outside the megastore by the directors parking spots.

2. It needs to be visible to the owners (Stam Out banners etc etc), I would even go as far as putting a letter arranged my the fans on Ron Gourlay and Brian Tevreden's car windscreens stating why it is we want him out and how this can't carry on going forward.

3. Then escalate to a Stress/tennis ball protest though it could prove difficult getting these into the ground.

We are not going to do any sort of protest, we don't have the type of fan base capable of pulling it off. The supporters are more inclined to argue with eachother than argue against Stam and the current regime.

It's just not happening, give it up. Apathy has won.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 11 Feb 2018 19:58

bracksroyal10 Are we as the fans actually going to do something about Stam assuming the majority of us here want him out? I feel as though too many things are being talked about but not actually being put into effect which shouldn't be the case given the number of passionate comments I have seen on Social media and heard around the ground. Whilst Boycotting is all good, I really don't think that will have the full effect that we want it to have. It needs to be a boycott where the fans immediately go to an organised protest.

If so:

Any kind of walkout is difficult to organise and harder to ensure compliance. I would favour a protest and banner etc. outside when Gourlay arrives at the game ..

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 11 Feb 2018 20:00

Old Man Andrews

If so:

We are not going to do any sort of protest, we don't have the type of fan base capable of pulling it off. The supporters are more inclined to argue with eachother than argue against Stam and the current regime.

I completely understand why you feel that way about a protest, there are enough people passionately spouting stuff on Twitter/Facebook so a little frustrating that we as fans can't come together and arrange a protest at our current state beyond the keyboards/mobile phones.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Feb 2018 20:07

bracksroyal10
Old Man Andrews

If so:

I completely understand why you feel that way about a protest, there are enough people passionately spouting stuff on Twitter/Facebook so a little frustrating that we as fans can't come together and arrange a protest at our current state beyond the keyboards/mobile phones.

I think there should be one of some kind but like you say it is so easy to vent frustration these days through social media that a lot of supporters think tweeting the club or Tevreden is their protest.

I was about the 4th person on the pitch when the supporters came together against Bullivant back at Elm Park. The days of the mass protest at the club is over I fear. We have a much different type of supporter to back then too. We are far more reserved and passive these days.

189 posts