Boycott

189 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Boycott

by Zip » 11 Feb 2018 20:08

If we are 3 down to Derby and playing abysmally then a walk out after 70 minutes might gain traction. However if we are 1 up after 70 and fighting for our lives (highly unlikely I know) I for one will not be walking out.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 11 Feb 2018 20:12

bracksroyal10 There are enough people passionately spouting stuff on Twitter/Facebook so a little frustrating that we as fans can't come together and arrange a protest at our current state beyond the keyboards/mobile phones.

Well, keep in mind that a lot of that is just noise, esp on Twitter. And some of them, even if they mean well, don't really know what they are talking about anyway. Also, you may find that some people act big and brave and passionate behind a keyboard, but rather less so in real life.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 11 Feb 2018 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

Berry

by Berry » 11 Feb 2018 20:15

I personally don't see how a boycott will make any difference...Ron Gourlay know exactly what is happening with the fanbase and all a boycott will do is give Stam credence to his strange idea that we as fans are toxic and are a part of what's happening...I've gone from displeasure to anger to bewilderment to apathy...He won't go, there is a reason, we may find out but at the moment just watch it unfold, a boycott is futile

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 11 Feb 2018 20:24

Old Man Andrews
bracksroyal10
Old Man Andrews
We are not going to do any sort of protest, we don't have the type of fan base capable of pulling it off. The supporters are more inclined to argue with eachother than argue against Stam and the current regime.

It's just not happening, give it up. Apathy has won.

I completely understand why you feel that way about a protest, there are enough people passionately spouting stuff on Twitter/Facebook so a little frustrating that we as fans can't come together and arrange a protest at our current state beyond the keyboards/mobile phones.

I think there should be one of some kind but like you say it is so easy to vent frustration these days through social media that a lot of supporters think tweeting the club or Tevreden is their protest.

I was about the 4th person on the pitch when the supporters came together against Bullivant back at Elm Park. The days of the mass protest at the club is over I fear. We have a much different type of supporter to back then too. We are far more reserved and passive these days.

Yup the landscape has certainly changed for worse imo. I'm not sure a handful of messages on twatter or faceache will even reach Gourlay, they're prob read by a moderator and removed.

double d

by double d » 11 Feb 2018 20:40

God imagine if this happened at Millwall or Cardiff. They would not do a peaceful protest. You lot are an embarrassment.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 11 Feb 2018 20:42

double d God imagine if this happened at Millwall or Cardiff. They would not do a peaceful protest. You lot are an embarrassment.

What are you proposing ?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Feb 2018 20:42

double d God imagine if this happened at Millwall or Cardiff. They would not do a peaceful protest. You lot are an embarrassment.

Any chance you could oxf*rd off to Millwall or Cardiff?

double d

by double d » 11 Feb 2018 20:47

Old Man Andrews

I wish I would. Miles better then watching this shite. You are the biggest oxf*rd oxf*rd of a poster and a typical Financial Times reading, Tea drinking, Waitrose shopping, White Wine drinking, Knitted jumper wearing, Cordery wearing, Prawn and avocado sandwich eating, Skoda driving, Antique Roadshow watching, West Stand Sitting, suck off Stam last season, only been watching Reading since december 2005 fickle pathetic moaning snowflake fan
oxf*rd off back to Chelsea .

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 11 Feb 2018 20:47

Old Man Andrews

Lolz :mrgreen:

double d

by double d » 11 Feb 2018 20:48

Longhorn1970

What are you proposing ?

Get the pitchforks , rip the seats out, smash up the stands, push over the goalposts, take a shit on the pitch. That sort of stuff.

double d

by double d » 11 Feb 2018 20:49

Longhorn1970
Old Man Andrews

Lolz :mrgreen:

WhiteKnight.Gif

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 11 Feb 2018 20:52

double d
Old Man Andrews

I wish I would. Miles better then watching this shite. You are the biggest oxf*rd oxf*rd of a poster and a typical Financial Times reading, Tea drinking, Waitrose shopping, White Wine drinking, Knitted jumper wearing, Cordery wearing, Prawn and avocado sandwich eating, Skoda driving, Antique Roadshow watching, West Stand Sitting, suck off Stam last season, only been watching Reading since december 2005 fickle pathetic moaning snowflake fan

Brian ??

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Feb 2018 20:52

double d
Old Man Andrews

One of my all time favourite meltdowns in real life or in the internet world.

Bravo.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 11 Feb 2018 20:56

Old Man Andrews
double d
Old Man Andrews

Bravo.

+1 you shud check out the Skoda range they're actually quite good !

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 11 Feb 2018 21:07

double d
Old Man Andrews

Ouch, I think some of those were on my to do list this week. :shock: :?

Hadn't decided on which wine yet, but I've been known to get it at Waitrose. Anyone buy their's anywhere else?

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 11 Feb 2018 21:23

All Alex Ferguson did was to phone JP at a petrol station, and voila he was gone! Just saying!

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 11 Feb 2018 21:41

On second thoughts, everybody can lay their hands on some red card, surely if enough people hold up a red card it will send an unmistakably simple and effective message?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Feb 2018 21:44

Eaststandman On second thoughts, everybody can lay their hands on some red card, surely if enough people hold up a red card it will send an unmistakably simple and effective message?

I'll be in Rymans first thing in the morning!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Feb 2018 22:01

Old Man Andrews
double d
Old Man Andrews

Bravo.

double d

by double d » 11 Feb 2018 22:02

Jesus christ you lot may aswell bum each other already

189 posts