The reason we're stuck with Stam

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The reason we're stuck with Stam

by Coppells Lost Coat » 06 Feb 2018 10:54

Jaytee Okay - its not good to watch. Okay we are getting beat (not won at home on a Saturday!) Probably cost too much to sack Stam.
But boycotting games or booing doesn't make a blind bit of difference. If the club were going to be influenced by gate figures then we would have sacked every manager in the last 10 years pretty quickly. Im sure the players are trying - they are just not good enough plus last year we got "the rub of the green" whereas this year we probably haven't had any luck at all (the block tackle which ended up in the net being a great example.).
You have to keep the faith - we survive this season and start afresh next - perhaps with a new manager (Pearson? Parky?).

Its been moan, moan, moan since the Play off final (and that deserved to be moaned about), but we have to back the team and Stam as much as possible. If we give up then pretty quickly the team will follow.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I back the players/team but not Stam. I think he is out of ideas, excuses and luck.
Overall the matchday experience has declined every year since our first relegation from the prem. The club, like many others are being run like a business, lets hope we dont have the chinese equal to the Oyston family - boycotts and protests haven't really changed how Blackpool is run.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Feb 2018 11:12

yeah I'd say we are just as likely, if not more likely, than Sunderland, Hull, Burton or Barnsley to pick up another 18 points or so.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Feb 2018 11:14

Coppells Lost Coat
Jaytee Okay - its not good to watch. Okay we are getting beat (not won at home on a Saturday!) Probably cost too much to sack Stam.
But boycotting games or booing doesn't make a blind bit of difference. If the club were going to be influenced by gate figures then we would have sacked every manager in the last 10 years pretty quickly. Im sure the players are trying - they are just not good enough plus last year we got "the rub of the green" whereas this year we probably haven't had any luck at all (the block tackle which ended up in the net being a great example.).
You have to keep the faith - we survive this season and start afresh next - perhaps with a new manager (Pearson? Parky?).

Its been moan, moan, moan since the Play off final (and that deserved to be moaned about), but we have to back the team and Stam as much as possible. If we give up then pretty quickly the team will follow.

I back the players/team but not Stam. I think he is out of ideas, excuses and luck.
Overall the matchday experience has declined every year since our first relegation from the prem. The club, like many others are being run like a business, lets hope we dont have the chinese equal to the Oyston family - boycotts and protests haven't really changed how Blackpool is run.

I think is harsh to blame to the owners, I really do. The ticket prices are good, they are investing in the academy, the women's team and have spent money on the squad. They don't stick their noses in (a good thing) or go for publicity

Stam has had a shocker this season, no doubt about it. But I don't really think the owners could have done more than they have to support him. Any protest would surely be against Stam rather than the owners like Blackpool

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 06 Feb 2018 11:20

Royal Rother Ok so maybe I’m the half wit and maybe it will only take 40 points this season but generally it takes circa 50 points to stay up.

I keep hearing 50 points. Well, let's take a closer look:

1. In the entire history of the Champ (13 years) the avg number of points required to stay up is 45.4 points. (And that includes the 4 years where a team went down with 50+ points, which could be considered as outliers).

2. More typically, in 9 of those 13 years, avg of 43 points would have seen you safe

3. In almost half of those 13 years (6 years), a total of 42 points would have seen you safe if you had the better goal difference.

So, its quite possible we may only be needing another 10 points.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 06 Feb 2018 11:36, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Feb 2018 11:33

Last time we got relegated from the second tier we finished bottom on 42 points, we bounced back after just 2 seasons, just sayin.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Feb 2018 11:48

Hound yeah I'd say we are just as likely, if not more likely, than Sunderland, Hull, Burton or Barnsley to pick up another 18 points or so.

Brum have really improved recently. 3 wins out of 5 and are suddenly two points behind us.
Bolton also have 3 wins out of the last 5.

Luckily the bottom four have been more shocking than us recently, but with Hull and Sunderland there's always a concern that they will put a little run together with the players they have (of course, you can say the same about us)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Feb 2018 11:50

yep hence why I didn't include Bolton and Brum

Pretty sure Brum will get out of it. They have some good players, a good system and plenty of confidence now

Bolton have just lost their best forward which isnt going to help their cause. But they do seem to have a good spirit etc, and sounds like they deservedly beat Brizzle the other day

Heckingbottom to Leeds confimred. Not sure how that will affect Barnsley

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Feb 2018 11:52

Barnsley have lost their manager, not sure if they will find a upturn anytime soon.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 06 Feb 2018 11:57

Coppells Lost Coat

It'd better be being run with a business eye given the sums we spent in last year's two transfer windows. We'll soon be in even bigger shit than people think we are now if it's not.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 06 Feb 2018 12:09

windermereROYAL Barnsley have lost their manager, not sure if they will find a upturn anytime soon.

Yep, he's off to Leeds, wonderful timing, and barely a week ago he just signed a new contract at Barnsley! At which time it was said:

Barnsley's chief executive Gauthier Ganaye told the club's official website: "This new contract shows his commitment to the project that the Club is embarking on. He believes in the plans we have in place at Barnsley Football Club like we all do. I look forward to continuing to work closely with Paul as we go into a really important last few months of the season."

Footy is a lovely ole game these days isn't it...

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Feb 2018 12:12

Today's relegation odds courtesy of BEt365

Burton 1/7
Sunderland 1/2
Barnsley 11/10
Bolton 6/4
Hull 2/1
Birmingham 11/4
Reading 10/1

Considering Hull and Sunderland are highly likely to start winning games soon and we absolutely won't do so some people are going to make a fortune aren't they?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Feb 2018 12:16

Not sure how anyone can even consider leaving Barnsley. Any football club that uses the theme from The Hitman and Her as their player walkout music deserves loyalty and respect.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 06 Feb 2018 12:31, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Feb 2018 12:18

Silver Fox Today's relegation odds courtesy of BEt365

Burton 1/7
Sunderland 1/2
Barnsley 11/10
Bolton 6/4
Hull 2/1
Birmingham 11/4
Reading 10/1

Considering Hull and Sunderland are highly likely to start winning games soon and we absolutely won't do so some people are going to make a fortune aren't they?

Tempted to do the ultimate judas and put on a couple of hundred. :?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Feb 2018 12:18

Silver Fox Considering Hull and Sunderland are highly likely to start winning games soon and we absolutely won't do so some people are going to make a fortune aren't they?

Where and how in hell have you made that assumption?

You are utterly clueless.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 06 Feb 2018 12:20

John Smith
Silver Fox Considering Hull and Sunderland are highly likely to start winning games soon and we absolutely won't do so some people are going to make a fortune aren't they?

Where and how in hell have you made that assumption?

You are utterly clueless.

LOL. I think you've not understood the post there mate.

Or in old HobNob parlance Whoosh.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Feb 2018 12:21

Oops

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Feb 2018 12:25

lolz

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Feb 2018 12:26

Pay attention John :lol:

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 06 Feb 2018 12:50

Hound
Coppells Lost Coat

I think is harsh to blame to the owners, I really do. The ticket prices are good, they are investing in the academy, the women's team and have spent money on the squad. They don't stick their noses in (a good thing) or go for publicity

Stam has had a shocker this season, no doubt about it. But I don't really think the owners could have done more than they have to support him. Any protest would surely be against Stam rather than the owners like Blackpool

Wasn't a dig at the owners, more hopeful they dont turn out like the Oyston family. More of a comment how the club is run like various others across the country. Also how boycotts and protests dont really change anything.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Feb 2018 12:53

Coppells Lost Coat
Hound
Coppells Lost Coat

Wasn't a dig at the owners, more hopeful they dont turn out like the Oyston family. More of a comment how the club is run like various others across the country. Also how boycotts and protests dont really change anything.

I think any boycott or protest at our club would be so lacklustre and half-hearted it would border on the embarassing. There is not nearly enough to be angry about yet, certainly not enough to make an impact anyway.