FAO Season Ticket Holders - Renew or not?

Renew or not?

Yes - Now that Stam's gone
22%
8%
4%
8%
4%
17%
12%
7%
Ian Royal says Yes - Now that Stam's gone
10%
Yes - Now that Stam's gone (but don't tell Ian Royal I agree with him)
7%

Total votes: 166
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: FAO Season Ticket Holders - Renew or not?

by Zip » 08 Feb 2018 21:38

Henley Royal 1 Wont be renewing. What with bundles and Burton £5 there is no saving .

Exactly

Delboy

by Delboy » 09 Feb 2018 07:58

You should send the results to Ron Gourlay

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 09 Feb 2018 08:24

I will renew. Its nice to spend some time with the parents. Plus I've got a fairly decent seat so would pay a bit extra to sit in it knowing the people around me don't get *too* offended by my outbursts

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Feb 2018 08:53

gazzer, loyal royal I will renew. Its nice to spend some time with the parents. Plus I've got a fairly decent seat so would pay a bit extra to sit in it knowing the people around me don't get *too* offended by my outbursts

same. i like where I sit

was a bit of a pain last year trying to hunt out a decent seat of 4 seats together for each game

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Feb 2018 09:31

I am not a season ticket holder for the pure reason that I can easily buy a ticket for any game I want to see and don't wish to commit every other Saturday to watching shit football in the same seat.

If we go down (which we won't) I will buy one, purely to amass enough Royalty Points for Oxford (a)

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 09 Feb 2018 10:10

Zip
Henley Royal 1 Wont be renewing. What with bundles and Burton £5 there is no saving .

Exactly

Even without knowing where you two sit, I know this isn’t correct.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Feb 2018 10:48

WAZZOCK
Zip

Exactly

Unless they're the kind of season ticket holder that only goes to half the games (e.g., no Tuesday nights etc)

But otherwise, yeah, totally not correct.

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 09 Feb 2018 10:59

muirinho
WAZZOCK
Zip
Exactly

Unless they're the kind of season ticket holder that only goes to half the games (e.g., no Tuesday nights etc)

Will always have to miss two or three games due to other commitments with bundles and reduced tickets which may happen more often there is no difference in price .

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 09 Feb 2018 11:50

Henley Royal 1
muirinho
WAZZOCK

Will always have to miss two or three games due to other commitments with bundles and reduced tickets which may happen more often there is no difference in price .

Where in the stadium do you sit Henley Royal? And how much did you pay for your season ticket?

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 09 Feb 2018 13:51

Yes, we (wife, daughter and I) will renew ours, we always do. It will be tough to do it if Stam is still manager and the football is shit, but it's something I like to do and something we now do as a family. I go because I support the club and the team, not the manager or anyone else. It would have to become an awful lot worse than it is for me to decide to not go.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Mar 2018 19:36

WAZZOCK
Henley Royal 1
muirinho

Where in the stadium do you sit Henley Royal? And how much did you pay for your season ticket?

Well I can tell you where my son and I sit. We are in the family section of the ED stand. It costs £22 for the two of us for a match. My ST was £320 I think and my lads was £99 or £89. I think I paid £409 in total for our ST’s. So if we miss four games during the season we are no better off especially when you factor that it would only have cost us £6 for the Burton pre Christmas game.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 11 Mar 2018 20:32

Zip
WAZZOCK
Henley Royal 1 Will always have to miss two or three games due to other commitments with bundles and reduced tickets which may happen more often there is no difference in price .

Well I can tell you where my son and I sit. We are in the family section of the ED stand. It costs £22 for the two of us for a match. My ST was £320 I think and my lads was £99 or £89. I think I paid £409 in total for our ST’s. So if we miss four games during the season we are no better off especially when you factor that it would only have cost us £6 for the Burton pre Christmas game.

That’s works out as missing roughly 5 and half matches to be ‘no better off’, which is almost a quarter of the season. That’s quite a chunk to miss, but if you know you’re guaranteed to miss that many or above then perhaps it would be worth not renewing. For me, the convenience of having the ticket ready and waiting would add extra couple of matches making having a Season ticket more worthwhile.

In the wake of the Burton match the club released the below, I think it outlines the benefits of having a Season Ticket quite nicely...

Season Ticket Holders still receive - and always will receive - the very best value for money at Reading Football Club. They are most cost-effective way to watch all the Royals’ home games.

Reading Football Club continue to lead the way on making football affordable for its supporters – low Season Ticket prices which included Early Bird discounts, free tickets for Under-7s, the introduction of an 18-24 ticket and our ongoing commitment to Twenty’s Plenty! And that Twenty's Plenty promise has seen Royals fans benefit from the initiative in the form of reciprocal offers from other clubs for Reading fans on the road!

And as a club, we run a selection of matchday promotions to attract new supporters to the stadium; no doubt most supporters will have seen or heard about our 500p ticket on sale now to all supporters ahead of our final home fixture of 2017 against Burton…the 500th first team fixture to be played at Madejski Stadium since our move from Elm Park in 1998!

However, even if a non-Season Ticket holder takes up this promotion and capitalises on the four-match ticket bundle offer and the ‘Yorkshire Double Header’ initiatives we ran earlier this month, they would still be paying considerably more than a Season Ticket Holder per match across the course of the campaign.

And the majority of ticket promotion offers which are run by the club are only redeemable by Season Ticket holders themselves as we constantly encourage our most loyal fans to bring family and friends for discounted ticket prices.

Although the bottom line is that Season Tickets still offer the best value for money, it is also important to highlight all the offers which have been open exclusively to ST holders in recent months…

Season Ticket holders have won a holiday for two to Thailand, complimentary use of an Executive Box for a home fixture, a private group stadium tour, a dugout chair and signed home and away shirts amongst other prizes offered only to ST holders.

And, as Royals Rewards is designed to do, Season Ticket Holders are also rewarded for their loyalty, getting something back from the club for simply attending matches – accruing points which can be used to enter a whole host of competitions only open to ST holders!

And, as a Season Ticket Holder, you automatically benefit from priority ticket access for away games and cup games – for example, supporters would have only managed to purchase a ticket for the first leg of our semi-final at Fulham if they were a Season Ticket Holder. And, in addition, as a ST holder you are able to access an exclusive hospitality upgrade discount at all league matches throughout the season.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Mar 2018 00:55

Yes, of course.

Despite being a miserable fcuker I’m an optimist as well.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 14 Mar 2018 09:37

After 18 years I doubt I’ll be renewing. The reasons are many, and the standard of football is fairly low on the list (although Stam has played his part in squeezing any joy out of the club).

The travelling has just become too much of a ball ache, 3 hours of travelling (plus car park waiting) for 90 minutes of football just doesn’t stack up anymore. I used to enjoy the company of those sat around me, but they have all stopped going in recent years and have been replaced with people that seem to have no interest in any interaction.

The soul of the club also seems to have shifted. I was (like many) sent a letter advising that if I didn’t arrive at the car park by 2.30 I would basically be refused entry and told to piss off. After a journey of 100 miles at the mercy of motorway accidents, the prospect of being turned away wasn’t exactly welcome. It wasn’t so much the content of the letter though (which was ultimately rescinded), but the tone - it was clear that the loyalty of exiled fans were not something the club was at all concerned about. They really couldn’t give a shit - in fact those that had no choice but to drive to games were a hindrance. In previous years I’ve always been made to feel as if the club valued my support.

I’m lucky enough to live in a city where I can usually go and see a game of football if I feel the burning desire on a Saturday, either Rovers or City will be at home. I’ve been to the Mem a couple of times this year and indulgently wallowed in a sense of Elm Park nostalgia.Plus I can have a pint after the game, walk home, and still be in before I’d have left the Madstad car park.

Reading will always be my team, and I may well feel the itch to purchase a season ticket again in the future (particularly if I move east). But for now my support will have to be from a distance.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Mar 2018 09:53

Avon Royal After 18 years I doubt I’ll be renewing. The reasons are many, and the standard of football is fairly low on the list (although Stam has played his part in squeezing any joy out of the club).

The travelling has just become too much of a ball ache, 3 hours of travelling (plus car park waiting) for 90 minutes of football just doesn’t stack up anymore. I used to enjoy the company of those sat around me, but they have all stopped going in recent years and have been replaced with people that seem to have no interest in any interaction.

The soul of the club also seems to have shifted. I was (like many) sent a letter advising that if I didn’t arrive at the car park by 2.30 I would basically be refused entry and told to piss off. After a journey of 100 miles at the mercy of motorway accidents, the prospect of being turned away wasn’t exactly welcome. It wasn’t so much the content of the letter though (which was ultimately rescinded), but the tone - it was clear that the loyalty of exiled fans were not something the club was at all concerned about. They really couldn’t give a shit - in fact those that had no choice but to drive to games were a hindrance. In previous years I’ve always been made to feel as if the club valued my support.

I’m lucky enough to live in a city where I can usually go and see a game of football if I feel the burning desire on a Saturday, either Rovers or City will be at home. I’ve been to the Mem a couple of times this year and indulgently wallowed in a sense of Elm Park nostalgia.Plus I can have a pint after the game, walk home, and still be in before I’d have left the Madstad car park.

Reading will always be my team, and I may well feel the itch to purchase a season ticket again in the future (particularly if I move east). But for now my support will have to be from a distance.

yes - the parking is a massive issue for me. I travel from London with my son - but sitting on the train for 2 hours isn't really a goer.

I've found a place to park but gradually all the car parks are disappearing. The Meeroak park and ride was just not fit for purpose last season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2018 09:59

not tempted to watch Fulham instead Leon?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Mar 2018 10:01

Hound not tempted to watch Fulham instead Leon?

:wink:

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 14 Mar 2018 10:36

I've been a season ticket holder for over thirty years, this is the first time I'm wavering, Saturdays is more about beers with mates rather than football at present.

Probably renew, can't get any worse next season, can it ?

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 14 Mar 2018 11:06

100% will renew.

Stam will be gone, as will 8-10 of the 'players' that are illegally making a living pretending to play for RFC.

Am actually looking forward to next season, once the dead wood (Gunter, VDB, McCleary etc etc etc) have long since gone.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Mar 2018 11:29

WAZZOCK
Zip
WAZZOCK

That’s works out as missing roughly 5 and half matches to be ‘no better off’, which is almost a quarter of the season. That’s quite a chunk to miss, but if you know you’re guaranteed to miss that many or above then perhaps it would be worth not renewing. For me, the convenience of having the ticket ready and waiting would add extra couple of matches making having a Season ticket more worthwhile.

In the wake of the Burton match the club released the below, I think it outlines the benefits of having a Season Ticket quite nicely...

Season Ticket Holders still receive - and always will receive - the very best value for money at Reading Football Club. They are most cost-effective way to watch all the Royals’ home games.

Reading Football Club continue to lead the way on making football affordable for its supporters – low Season Ticket prices which included Early Bird discounts, free tickets for Under-7s, the introduction of an 18-24 ticket and our ongoing commitment to Twenty’s Plenty! And that Twenty's Plenty promise has seen Royals fans benefit from the initiative in the form of reciprocal offers from other clubs for Reading fans on the road!

And as a club, we run a selection of matchday promotions to attract new supporters to the stadium; no doubt most supporters will have seen or heard about our 500p ticket on sale now to all supporters ahead of our final home fixture of 2017 against Burton…the 500th first team fixture to be played at Madejski Stadium since our move from Elm Park in 1998!

However, even if a non-Season Ticket holder takes up this promotion and capitalises on the four-match ticket bundle offer and the ‘Yorkshire Double Header’ initiatives we ran earlier this month, they would still be paying considerably more than a Season Ticket Holder per match across the course of the campaign.

And the majority of ticket promotion offers which are run by the club are only redeemable by Season Ticket holders themselves as we constantly encourage our most loyal fans to bring family and friends for discounted ticket prices.

Although the bottom line is that Season Tickets still offer the best value for money, it is also important to highlight all the offers which have been open exclusively to ST holders in recent months…

Season Ticket holders have won a holiday for two to Thailand, complimentary use of an Executive Box for a home fixture, a private group stadium tour, a dugout chair and signed home and away shirts amongst other prizes offered only to ST holders.

And, as Royals Rewards is designed to do, Season Ticket Holders are also rewarded for their loyalty, getting something back from the club for simply attending matches – accruing points which can be used to enter a whole host of competitions only open to ST holders!

And, as a Season Ticket Holder, you automatically benefit from priority ticket access for away games and cup games – for example, supporters would have only managed to purchase a ticket for the first leg of our semi-final at Fulham if they were a Season Ticket Holder. And, in addition, as a ST holder you are able to access an exclusive hospitality upgrade discount at all league matches throughout the season.

You need to check your maths £22 x 19=£418. However the Burton pre Christmas game would only have cost me £6 for the two of us so knock off £16 from the £22 per game means I would be paying £402 to attend 19 games this season if I paid on a match by match basis. As I said if I miss four games in a season I am no better off.