The only course of action now...

148 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The only course of action now...

by Hound » 15 Feb 2018 20:30

Agree - not really that bothered that we had Wieser and big Danzell sitting about last year as they were probably on relatively little

When it’s the likes of Popa, McCleary, Beerens, Ilori and Blackett warming the bench it’s a different matter

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 16 Feb 2018 08:24

muirinho
Hound It’s true Ian but I wonder how much the club are bothered. It still seems to be thought as the way to go - ie pay high wages.

There has been absolutely no effort to cut the wage bill on the face of it - in fact I suspect it’s gone up significantly this year

It's the bloated squad that bugs me. I don't mind paying good wages to first team players. I do object to paying good wages to players who never get next nor nigh the first team.

If they would be playing, bar injury, then fair enough.

And I don't mind a few punts, that might come off, in terms of players with potential.

But not dozens* of them.

*might be exaggerating a tad here

Been saying this for a while now. Trying to keep the number of players we have in the 1st team squad (even allowing for injuries) happy, focused and invested is nigh on impossible.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2018 17:15

This is it really. We have a duff season and go and buy half a new team without shifting anyone really.

I mean do we really need a million fancy dans like:
Meite, Harriott, Beerens, Mendes (lol), McCleary, Barrow, Aluko, Popa, Clement, Swift.

I know some have now left or on loan, but that's 10 mostly well payed players competing for at maximum 3 positions. And that's after losing Fosu, Stacey, Tanner and ignoring Barrett.

It's at least two, realistically four too many and it blocks progression for the Academy.

I've probably forgotten someone. Oh, Obita can play on the wing too.

By comparison we've got at best two actual fullbacks. Our squad management has been an abomination since at least Clarke took over.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Feb 2018 19:11

Fosu, Stacey, Tanner, Barrett, and indeed Cooper would probably have performed at least as well as this shower of shite if they’d have been given a chance to establish themselves and we’d have been many millions better off.

double d

by double d » 16 Feb 2018 19:58

Royal Rother Fosu, Stacey, Tanner, Barrett, and indeed Cooper would probably have performed at least as well as this shower of shite if they’d have been given a chance to establish themselves and we’d have been many millions better off.

+ tishbola. My millwall supporting m8 said we were utterly stupid to let Cooper go.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Feb 2018 20:36

double d
Royal Rother Fosu, Stacey, Tanner, Barrett, and indeed Cooper would probably have performed at least as well as this shower of shite if they’d have been given a chance to establish themselves and we’d have been many millions better off.

+ tishbola. My millwall supporting m8 said we were utterly stupid to let Cooper go.

We sold Tish for 5m. We didn’t ‘let him go’

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2018 08:41

Hound
double d

And I believe asked him to stay.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Feb 2018 09:46

Snowflake Royal
Hound
double d

And I believe asked him to stay.

Quite, he was the one who wanted to leave.

As for Cooper, how many individual mistakes did he make which led directly to goals in his last season here? I remember at least 5. He was panicky on the ball and would hardly fit in with this system.

Defending hasn’t been the major issue this season, we haven’t conceded more than 2 goals in a game, we can’t out score people.

148 posts