The only course of action now...

148 posts
JR

Re: The only course of action now...

by JR » 10 Feb 2018 21:48

One87One Realistically we need to win 4 out of the last however many games to stay up, based on the average points needed to stay up. Are we going to win one in three for the remainder of the season even under a new manager now? I can’t see it.

Get Stam out now and install Gilkes as interim Manager and consider him while taking our time to look for a suitable replacement in the summer!

This whole situation has become farcical!!

I don't get this love in for Gilkes.

Surely he is a massive part of the problem - we've gone downhill since he has joined and I don't see evidence of decent coaching of our forward players.

His pedigree is limited and it's very rare wingers make good managers.

Just because he was a south bank legend doesn't make him the solution to our current woes.

JR

by JR » 10 Feb 2018 21:57

All those saying we are doomed under Stam and that relegation is inevitable should pop to the bookies and take advantage of the 6/1 they are offering......

Funny odds for a sure thing :roll:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 10 Feb 2018 22:15

JR All those saying we are doomed under Stam and that relegation is inevitable should pop to the bookies and take advantage of the 6/1 they are offering......

Funny odds for a sure thing :roll:

Was 12's a few weeks back. :wink:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 10 Feb 2018 22:18

Hound
Lower West You have to question how many of the players actually want to be at the club.......

No tenacity, no spirit , no flair.

Sacking Stam isn't the answer.

Isn’t that Stam’s job to implement those 3 things?

Stam isn't on the pitch playing though. Difficult to see any points from the next 3 games. Opposition managers have worked us out.

robig106

by robig106 » 10 Feb 2018 22:25

Stam's comments in the week frustrated me saying the fans make it uncomfortable for the team playing at the Madejski and he doesn't take any notice of the supporters.

Many other managers would have said they understand the fans negativity due to the poor form and show a bit more respect and appreciation to us.

This is Reading FC not Jaap Stam FC and we have every right the next home game at Derby to be vocal and show our displeasure so something can change before it's to late.

Stam has burned too many bridges and has shown the last few months he isn't capable of turning our fortunes around. There is no plan B, our tactics do not change or adapt and there is no progress being shown.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Feb 2018 22:26

They're all taking us for a ride. As preposterous as it sounds I don't think any of them could care less, they certainly don't act like it anyway.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Feb 2018 22:26

JR
One87One Realistically we need to win 4 out of the last however many games to stay up, based on the average points needed to stay up. Are we going to win one in three for the remainder of the season even under a new manager now? I can’t see it.

Get Stam out now and install Gilkes as interim Manager and consider him while taking our time to look for a suitable replacement in the summer!

This whole situation has become farcical!!

I don't get this love in for Gilkes.

Surely he is a massive part of the problem - we've gone downhill since he has joined and I don't see evidence of decent coaching of our forward players.

His pedigree is limited and it's very rare wingers make good managers.

Just because he was a south bank legend doesn't make him the solution to our current woes.

Gilkes was shit at Basingstoke, shit here as an assistant and would be shit as first team manager.

Warburton, Clement, Pearson. Just a lift to get us 5 frigging wins!

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 10 Feb 2018 22:49

Anyone who really knew Gilkes as player knew he was as soft as cotton in the dressing room with the other guys. So what on earth makes anyone think he’s changed as a coach. The only reason Gilkes now finds himself in the first team set up is because he’s a YES man. Stam’s handpicked replacement for Steven Reid. And not a peep from Gilkes all season, just how Stam likes it.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 10 Feb 2018 23:36

Old Man Andrews The fans need to get on the pitch against Derby. ...

If there's to be a protest, perhaps pitch invasion is not the way to go.
Pitch invasion > FA fine > worse FFP position > less chance of sacking.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Feb 2018 23:45

Horsham Royal

Oh it wouldn't ever happen, just giving an example of the stage we are at in terms of desperation. As I explained in the rest of the post there is no appetite for serious protest, we aren't that sort of club and we don't have that sort of supporter here.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Feb 2018 23:56

If we lose at Forest (5 consecutive home defeats 0 goals) there wont be enough home fans against Derby to make a difference.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Feb 2018 23:57

Old Man Andrews
Horsham Royal

Oh it wouldn't ever happen, just giving an example of the stage we are at in terms of desperation. As I explained in the rest of the post there is no appetite for serious protest, we aren't that sort of club and we don't have that sort of supporter here.

20 years ago we did.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Feb 2018 00:20

Please can we just oxf*rd sack the Dutch oxf*rd.

Y26 we need to do something proper or we will be in league one I will put my voice into any chants if banners

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Feb 2018 00:22

leon
Old Man Andrews
Horsham Royal If there's to be a protest, perhaps pitch invasion is not the way to go.

20 years ago we did.

I was in it.

I think we had a very different fan base back then who wouldn't stand for anything. Would be nice to get that level of passion back but for several reasons that ship has sailed and we are what we are now as a club. We have evolved into a very moderate and passive support which is great for young children and families at the games but that raw passion is sadly lacking on the whole these days.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Feb 2018 09:07

If you sack a manager every time they fail, you will never benefit from them learning from their mistakes.

Stam has shown quality last season and been poor this season. We're far from certain of relegation and he is likely learning a lot right now. Once the season ends and he can reset and take the chance to start fresh, things could easily be very different next year.

How about a little less doom-mongering and hand wringing and a little more positive attitude about staying up.

You could have three pitch invasions a game and everyone waving pants and placards and there's no guarantee the club would sack Stam. And I still think if the next result or two is poor he'll be sacked regardless of whatyou melts do - of course I could be wrong.

At the very least, could we not have a dozen new whiny threads calling for change / protests / conspiracies after every defeat? Try using one that exists. Or better still, don't whine about it on here. Do something at a game. And if you don't get support, stfu.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Feb 2018 09:11

Snowflake Royal If you sack a manager every time they fail, you will never benefit from them learning from their mistakes.

Stam has shown quality last season and been poor this season. We're far from certain of relegation and he is likely learning a lot right now. Once the season ends and he can reset and take the chance to start fresh, things could easily be very different next year.

How about a little less doom-mongering and hand wringing and a little more positive attitude about staying up.

You could have three pitch invasions a game and everyone waving pants and placards and there's no guarantee the club would sack Stam. And I still think if the next result or two is poor he'll be sacked regardless of whatyou melts do - of course I could be wrong.

At the very least, could we not have a dozen new whiny threads calling for change / protests / conspiracies after every defeat? Try using one that exists. Or better still, don't whine about it on here. Do something at a game. And if you don't get support, stfu.

You care more about the manager than the plight of the team. Take your tongue out of Stam's backside you clown.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Feb 2018 09:16

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal If you sack a manager every time they fail, you will never benefit from them learning from their mistakes.

You care more about the manager than the plight of the team. Take your tongue out of Stam's backside you clown.

I care more about the club than the manager, players, owners or fans.

How exactly is saying Stam's doing a poor job, put your moaning in one thread, try to start a protest at the game rather than here and Stam will be sacked if he doesn't get a result soon in anyway kissing Stam's arse?

I'm not expecting a coherent answer btw.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Feb 2018 09:18

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

How exactly is saying Stam's doing a poor job, put your moaning in one thread, try to start a protest at the game rather than here and Stam will be sacked if he doesn't get a result soon in anyway kissing Stam's arse?

You're pulling out the "Stam is still learning line" which is a typical response of the Stam sympathizers like you. That is what you are.

Maybe when he is sacked you can go support whichever team he manages next? Follow him around like the little sheep you are.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Feb 2018 09:20

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

You're pulling out the "Stam is still learning line" which is a typical response of the Stam sympathizers like you. That is what you are.

Maybe when he is sacked you can go support whichever team he manages next? Follow him around like the little sheep you are.

Expectation met.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Feb 2018 09:25

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal I care more about the club than the manager, players, owners or fans.

Expectation met.

You're just a little bit sad. To support a manager over the club is pathetic.

148 posts