Who still thinks Reading will avoid relegation...

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Who still thinks Reading will avoid relegation...

by Denver Royal » 13 Feb 2018 15:48

Stranded
Old Man Andrews
John Smith To all the stattos, to all the doubters, to all the boo boys:

We will not get relegated. This is because there are more than 3 teams worse than us in the league that will have a lower points total come game 46.

It's really that simple.

Whilst I agree we won't go down when all is said and done at this moment in time when we need points there is nobody worse than us in the league, that is my concern. We need to keep picking up the odd point here and there and right now it looks like an impossible task.

I think Sunderland showed some fight at the weekend to come back from 3-0 down at Bristol City, could really kick start their season. Could you see us coming back from 3-0? No chance as the players we have do not have it in them.

Given that we haven't been 3-0 down all season, one would hope we don't need to. We were 2-0 down at Bolton and got a draw. Coming back from any deficit is not necessarily a sign their season will kick on, esp. when 2 of those 3 goals were scored by Bristol City.

Well said, Stranded. :wink:

I had Sunderland going down, and I still do. And if they don't, I may owe someone a beer. :P

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 13 Feb 2018 20:51

windermereROYAL They`ve not scored in any of those games either, and if I`m not mistaken the home game before that they stuck four past Arsenal.

None of this matters. We have a track record of being the team you want to face if you have some obscure, awful record you want to correct. The amount of times on this forum i've heard people talk about how bad the form of our opposition is only for them to turn up and pull off a shitty, scrappy, horrible win im sick of hearing it. Forest will probably beat us, and they'll probably score two or three if we are honest. It's better to just accept that now instead of trying and put all these stats together about how we should go there and win because the stats say so. This is Jaap Stam's Reading and its the worst Reading side in probably over 20 years, we are favorites against no one at the minute. Even Tommy Burns team would smash this lot.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 Feb 2018 10:20

FiNeRaIn
windermereROYAL They`ve not scored in any of those games either, and if I`m not mistaken the home game before that they stuck four past Arsenal.

None of this matters. We have a track record of being the team you want to face if you have some obscure, awful record you want to correct. The amount of times on this forum i've heard people talk about how bad the form of our opposition is only for them to turn up and pull off a shitty, scrappy, horrible win im sick of hearing it. Forest will probably beat us, and they'll probably score two or three if we are honest. It's better to just accept that now instead of trying and put all these stats together about how we should go there and win because the stats say so. This is Jaap Stam's Reading and its the worst Reading side in probably over 20 years, we are favorites against no one at the minute. Even Tommy Burns team would smash this lot.

Another appalling post from you without any forethought.

And oxf*rd Rangers?! Honestly.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 14 Feb 2018 10:53

On paper we should scrape survival, but football isn't played on paper.
We're too predictable. Stam's so stubborn with his possession tactics it makes us easy to play against when we've lost confidence.
The same player who can move the ball on quickly, without hesitation when confident will hesitate or have a bad touch when not. This means defenders who are put under pressure end up giving the ball away and we concede chances.
I'll bet if you watch a training session they all look like world beaters compared to a saturday afternoon.
Stam either needs to find a way to install some confidence back into the players or vacate his position so a more open minded manager or better motivator can help us avoid the drop.
To cut a long story short, narrow escape (<3 points) with Stam, comfortable with a new manager.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 14 Feb 2018 18:17

John Smith
FiNeRaIn

Looking trough the quality of yours you don’t fare much better to be honest and seem to have an unwarranted arrogance.

Also the avatar can’t be removed for some reason - I’ve tried ages ago and recently to no avail. You can select delete but it doesn’t work so you’ll have to deal with it.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 14 Feb 2018 20:01

FiNeRaIn
John Smith
FiNeRaIn

Looking trough the quality of yours you don’t fare much better to be honest and seem to have an unwarranted arrogance.

Also the avatar can’t be removed for some reason - I’ve tried ages ago and recently to no avail. You can select delete but it doesn’t work so you’ll have to deal with it.

That post was shit tbf...just selective memories

If you post up every game with a scenario as described and it showed results for the non-Reading team i'll agree

What it will prolly show is a win/draw/lose rate that fit's whatever the distribution was at the time

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 16 Feb 2018 15:12

If you are so certain Reading are going down, there is plenty of 7/1 still available.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Feb 2018 15:14

Can I bet on Reading not to be lower than 19th all season? Because that's what's going to happen

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Feb 2018 15:37

John Smith Can I bet on Reading not to be lower than 19th all season? Because that's what's going to happen

I assume from now right? Because we were bottom after game 1 and had a spell in 20th near the start of the season.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 16 Feb 2018 15:45

Think it’ll be scrappy but we might just have enough to keep us up on the final day. Been absolutely dreadful no doubt but people are acting like we are a pub side in the premier league. Sometimes you can just get unstuck from poor form, has happened in the past and there’s a chance of it happening here too