First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5663
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Feb 2018 09:19

Stranded wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Stranded wrote:
Only idiot supporters. They are playing golf, so what.

They are out there to work and there is plenty of posts on social media showing that this is happening but they are not working 24/7, so images of them playing golf is fine. If he was showing images of him and the younger players hitting the town, trying to score then you might have a point but footballer plays golf is the biggest non-story in the world.


I have no issue with it as stated. It gives ammo to those who do, that is the point. Pretty obvious, I shouldn't need to explain to you that it's not wise to go on social media and post photos of you by the pool or playing golf. Post photos all you want if you're top of the league, not in our position though, it won't help anything.


That is a ridiculous ascertion almost up there with the stories papers run under headlines of "British Police in Portugal hunting for Maddie have a beer". Absolutely no issue with them posting pictures of them playing golf - videoing a threesome with a local prostitute, yep that would cause a problem - but a picture like this will only enrage the same people who get angry about whatever the club does.


There is no way they would be organised enough to have a threesome with a local prostitute. Have you seen them try and defend a corner ffs?

Coppells Lost Coat
Member
Posts: 364
Joined: 28 Sep 2017 15:44

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by Coppells Lost Coat » 15 Feb 2018 09:23

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Stranded wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
I have no issue with it as stated. It gives ammo to those who do, that is the point. Pretty obvious, I shouldn't need to explain to you that it's not wise to go on social media and post photos of you by the pool or playing golf. Post photos all you want if you're top of the league, not in our position though, it won't help anything.


That is a ridiculous ascertion almost up there with the stories papers run under headlines of "British Police in Portugal hunting for Maddie have a beer". Absolutely no issue with them posting pictures of them playing golf - videoing a threesome with a local prostitute, yep that would cause a problem - but a picture like this will only enrage the same people who get angry about whatever the club does.


There is no way they would be organised enough to have a threesome with a local prostitute. Have you seen them try and defend a corner ffs?


She'd have to be on her game though cos she'd be passed around for 90 mins and no one would finish.............i'll get my coat.

User avatar
LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 20036
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 09:38
Location: Grenzenloser Wasserspaß

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by LUX » 15 Feb 2018 10:16

Coppells Lost Coat wrote:.i'll get my coat.


have you found it again :?:

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1032
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 15:13

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 15 Feb 2018 11:34

Coppells Lost Coat wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Stranded wrote:
That is a ridiculous ascertion almost up there with the stories papers run under headlines of "British Police in Portugal hunting for Maddie have a beer". Absolutely no issue with them posting pictures of them playing golf - videoing a threesome with a local prostitute, yep that would cause a problem - but a picture like this will only enrage the same people who get angry about whatever the club does.


There is no way they would be organised enough to have a threesome with a local prostitute. Have you seen them try and defend a corner ffs?


She'd have to be on her game though cos she'd be passed around for 90 mins and no one would finish.............i'll get my coat.


That was good. :lol:

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1074
Joined: 23 Sep 2012 15:29

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by Theroyalbox » 15 Feb 2018 11:45

our fans are well stupid


Dai Brainbocs
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2985
Joined: 18 Apr 2004 19:20
Location: Reading

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by Dai Brainbocs » 15 Feb 2018 12:18

How easy is it to get a flight for a party of probably 30 or so people at short notice at this time of year?

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5663
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Feb 2018 12:19

Dai Brainbocs wrote:How easy is it to get a flight for a party of probably 30 or so people at short notice at this time of year?


Very if you charter a private plane.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1156
Joined: 20 Jan 2016 13:10

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by muirinho » 15 Feb 2018 12:23

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Dai Brainbocs wrote:How easy is it to get a flight for a party of probably 30 or so people at short notice at this time of year?


Very if you charter a private plane.


Not even that expensive either, relatively speaking. I'd suggest a week of Beerens wages would cover it. Website below quotes between 2 and 12K for a return flight to Europe for a medium-sized plane.

https://blog.privatefly.com/how-much-do ... rivate-jet

Dai Brainbocs
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2985
Joined: 18 Apr 2004 19:20
Location: Reading

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by Dai Brainbocs » 15 Feb 2018 12:26

Much less than I expected. I was wondering if it was actually arranged ages ago.


User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3038
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by John Smith » 15 Feb 2018 12:39

muirinho wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Dai Brainbocs wrote:How easy is it to get a flight for a party of probably 30 or so people at short notice at this time of year?


Very if you charter a private plane.


Not even that expensive either, relatively speaking. I'd suggest a week of Beerens wages would cover it. Website below quotes between 2 and 12K for a return flight to Europe for a medium-sized plane.

https://blog.privatefly.com/how-much-do ... rivate-jet

Give a man a week of Beeren's wage and he will get a 5/10 performance for 70 minutes and 1 cross, give a man a lifetime of Beeren's wages and you will slide further down the table and suffer great frustration on a weekly basis.

Please, give generously.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1156
Joined: 20 Jan 2016 13:10

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by muirinho » 15 Feb 2018 12:48

Dai Brainbocs wrote:Much less than I expected. I was wondering if it was actually arranged ages ago.


Dunno, but I do know they have occasionally used charter planes to get the players up North for matches. So it's obviously something they do, and therefore will have companies they use.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6336
Joined: 12 Apr 2005 19:22
Location: South Coast

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Feb 2018 13:13

Silver Fox wrote:Sorry, the players need to grow up a bit to stop the internet from having a meltdown? I’m pretty sure that’s back to front.

What do people think the players do when they’re not training 8n this country?


Right on cue foxy-you haven't had a go at our (maybe yours as well) fans for at least a day.
BTW I doubt if they would be playing golf here, it's too wet and cold for the poor loves.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6336
Joined: 12 Apr 2005 19:22
Location: South Coast

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Feb 2018 13:24

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Stranded wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
I have no issue with it as stated. It gives ammo to those who do, that is the point. Pretty obvious, I shouldn't need to explain to you that it's not wise to go on social media and post photos of you by the pool or playing golf. Post photos all you want if you're top of the league, not in our position though, it won't help anything.


That is a ridiculous ascertion almost up there with the stories papers run under headlines of "British Police in Portugal hunting for Maddie have a beer". Absolutely no issue with them posting pictures of them playing golf - videoing a threesome with a local prostitute, yep that would cause a problem - but a picture like this will only enrage the same people who get angry about whatever the club does.


There is no way they would be organised enough to have a threesome with a local prostitute. Have you seen them try and defend a corner ffs?


And trying to arrange a four ball or three ball permutation on the golf course would require major management skills so I suspect they ended up playing on their own.
Gunter was seen caddying and pointing to where the players should be hitting the ball.

If we fail to get a positive result at Forest it will have been the fault of the hotel staff,the air stewards, the customs people or maybe the North Africans selling watches on the beach.


User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7504
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by Sutekh » 15 Feb 2018 15:12

Victor Meldrew wrote:
And trying to arrange a four ball or three ball permutation on the golf course would require major management skills so I suspect they ended up playing on their own.
Gunter was seen caddying and pointing to where the players should be hitting the ball.


I hear they started at the flag and hit the ball towards the tee.

User avatar
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1925
Joined: 07 Jan 2012 17:23
Location: Ascot

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Feb 2018 17:19

Sutekh wrote:
Victor Meldrew wrote:
And trying to arrange a four ball or three ball permutation on the golf course would require major management skills so I suspect they ended up playing on their own.
Gunter was seen caddying and pointing to where the players should be hitting the ball.


I hear they started at the flag and hit the ball towards the tee.


LOL....I could imagine that...They reach the green then go back to the tee.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4790
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Feb 2018 20:42

Stranded wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:Some of the players need to have more sense. Sam Smith plastering social media with photos of him on the gold course isn't going to be helpful, supporters don't want to see that kind of thing. I have no issue with them socialising and having fun but there is no need to advertise it. He and a few of the other players need to grow up a bit.


Only idiot supporters. They are playing golf, so what.

They are out there to work and there is plenty of posts on social media showing that this is happening but they are not working 24/7, so images of them playing golf is fine. If he was showing images of him and the younger players hitting the town, trying to score then you might have a point but footballer plays golf is the biggest non-story in the world.

Quite. If there's one thing the side need more than anything it's to re-learn how to enjoy themselves as a team and express that on the pitch.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4790
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Feb 2018 20:44

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Stranded wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:Some of the players need to have more sense. Sam Smith plastering social media with photos of him on the gold course isn't going to be helpful, supporters don't want to see that kind of thing. I have no issue with them socialising and having fun but there is no need to advertise it. He and a few of the other players need to grow up a bit.


Only idiot supporters. They are playing golf, so what.

They are out there to work and there is plenty of posts on social media showing that this is happening but they are not working 24/7, so images of them playing golf is fine. If he was showing images of him and the younger players hitting the town, trying to score then you might have a point but footballer plays golf is the biggest non-story in the world.


I have no issue with it as stated. It gives ammo to those who do, that is the point. Pretty obvious, I shouldn't need to explain to you that it's not wise to go on social media and post photos of you by the pool or playing golf. Post photos all you want if you're top of the league, not in our position though, it won't help anything.

It's the fans who dislike it who have a problem. You can't run your life / business / career not doing things that are perfectly fine because it will upset a few vocal morons.

User avatar
Green
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 26311
Joined: 29 Jun 2012 13:28

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by Green » 22 Feb 2018 10:18

muirinho wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:Very if you charter a private plane.


Not even that expensive either, relatively speaking. I'd suggest a week of Beerens wages would cover it. Website below quotes between 2 and 12K for a return flight to Europe for a medium-sized plane.

https://blog.privatefly.com/how-much-do ... rivate-jet

Mutters something about the first sign of madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], paddy20, Royals and Racers, Snowflake Royal and 92 guests

It is currently 16 Dec 2018 10:42