First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: First team jetting off to Spain for intensive training

by Hound » 12 Feb 2018 17:36

Re: having no money. The owners clearly have money, hence the work on the training ground etc.

The issue is we couldn’t spend a lot more on the team coz of FFP. I doubt team bonding trips come into that, though may be wrong

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Feb 2018 18:06

Hound Re: having no money. The owners clearly have money, hence the work on the training ground etc.

The issue is we couldn’t spend a lot more on the team coz of FFP. I doubt team bonding trips come into that, though may be wrong

Even if they do, the difference between 5 days in Spain for 40 people and £5m for a cheap striker at £20k a week for three years is absolutely laughably huge.

Does anyone really think this trip'll cost more than a month of Aluko?

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 12 Feb 2018 19:14

TiagoIlori
Hound yeah mentioned that in another thread somewhere

Tbh, we need to do something different. I'm for it just if it changes things up a bit. Bit of nicer weather may help as well

Wolves picked up their form after they jetted off to Spain. Can’t see why same can’t happen to us

Nice thought but there are at least 11 reasons why it won’t have the same effect and they are all wearing blue and white hoopless’

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 12 Feb 2018 19:22

Elm Park Kid
Ascotexgunner Don't really care about them going, but the cost cant be cheap...I thought we had no money.....still if its a "clear the air" sort of trip its worth a bash.....wont change anything though I suspect.
The other side of the coin is if they are going down there, clearly Stam is here for sometime to come.
Im sick of hearing about "tired" players as well......No excuse now after this "lengthy" break.

Yeah, they're clearly doubling down on Stam. If we're not firing him then doing something to change the atmosphere around the club was definitely the right move. .

Well just so you know, Leeds went on a similar trip recently that was supposed to be double training sessions, all the usual blah blah. Turned into a big piss-up and on his return Christiansen was sacked next game. Just saying ...

BKnumber6

by BKnumber6 » 13 Feb 2018 13:14

TiagoIlori
Hound yeah mentioned that in another thread somewhere

Tbh, we need to do something different. I'm for it just if it changes things up a bit. Bit of nicer weather may help as well

Wolves picked up their form after they jetted off to Spain. Can’t see why same can’t happen to us

Because Wolves haven't got Stam in charge!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Feb 2018 13:20

strap
Elm Park Kid
Ascotexgunner Don't really care about them going, but the cost cant be cheap...I thought we had no money.....still if its a "clear the air" sort of trip its worth a bash.....wont change anything though I suspect.
The other side of the coin is if they are going down there, clearly Stam is here for sometime to come.
Im sick of hearing about "tired" players as well......No excuse now after this "lengthy" break.

Yeah, they're clearly doubling down on Stam. If we're not firing him then doing something to change the atmosphere around the club was definitely the right move. .

Well just so you know, Leeds went on a similar trip recently that was supposed to be double training sessions, all the usual blah blah. Turned into a big piss-up and on his return Christiansen was sacked next game. Just saying ...

Win-win then for some. Team come back refreshed and pick up, great we're safe right the season off and move on. Team come back hungover and even worse, Stam is a goner.

As it is, we are in the middle of a 10 day gap between games and it is February. If this takes the players out of their normal surroundings and train with the sun on their back rather than snow, then great. I hope there is a mix of training and "bonding", it really can't hurt.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Feb 2018 13:41

Tilehurstsouthbank Hope the training isn't too intensive. Have you seen our injury list?!
It might be theory training with an exam at the end with question such as "If you find yourself in front of an open goal should you A: Shoot, B: Dive or C: pass the ball back to your own goalkeeper?"

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 13 Feb 2018 14:22

the pcunts are on a golf holiday at some spa!!!!

Jokes aside this will be good for them and squad building

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Feb 2018 14:47

I have no issue with them going out there and unwinding at all. Liam Kelly would be wise to put his phone away for once though. Not sure the supporters want to see Snapchats of him by the pool, not wise. Gives the "they are only there for a holiday" crew ammo.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 13 Feb 2018 15:03

Old Man Andrews I have no issue with them going out there and unwinding at all. Liam Kelly would be wise to put his phone away for once though. Not sure the supporters want to see Snapchats of him by the pool, not wise. Gives the "they are only there for a holiday" crew ammo.

It will certainly p!ss off those idiot fans who think its a jolly.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Feb 2018 15:55

Knowing our luck they'll probably all get food poisoning from a dodgy calimari in the hotel.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 13 Feb 2018 17:31

Norfolk Royal Knowing our luck they'll probably all get food poisoning from a dodgy calimari in the hotel.

If Stam gets it does that mean for once he won't be full of s**t ??

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 13 Feb 2018 17:40

A week in Spain for being shit. Christ if I was given a holiday for being crap at my job I’d be on permanent leave.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Feb 2018 18:52

Theroyalbox It will certainly p!ss off those idiot fans who think its a jolly.

Jackson Corner A week in Spain for being shit. Christ if I was given a holiday for being crap at my job I’d be on permanent leave.

Hey, you were right!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Feb 2018 19:49

Jackson Corner A week in Spain for being shit. Christ if I was given a holiday for being crap at my job I’d be on permanent leave.

Do you make a habbit of being a total tit? obviously.

under the tin

by under the tin » 13 Feb 2018 20:01

windermereROYAL

You>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whoosh.

Just try reading his post again :roll:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Feb 2018 20:08

under the tin
windermereROYAL

I don`t see any whoosh in it, he`s suggesting it`s a holiday, which it clearly is not.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Feb 2018 20:10

windermereROYAL
under the tin
windermereROYAL

I don`t see any whoosh in it, he`s suggesting it`s a holiday, which it clearly is not.

Do people often seriously say they're totally shit at their own job Winders?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 14 Feb 2018 03:10

windermereROYAL
under the tin
windermereROYAL

It was meant as a joke. But let's face it there can't be many jobs where you perform dreadfully then go on an all expenses paid trip to Spain?
If they come back trash Forest and Derby I will gladly eat my humble pie and say it was worth every penny. Although I really can't see it. our problems are far more deep rooted than training sessions with the sun on there backs. Before the Boro game Stam had enthused how well training had gone and then they produced yet another abject performance.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 14 Feb 2018 04:23

Jackson Corner
windermereROYAL
under the tin

It was meant as a joke. But let's face it there can't be many jobs where you perform dreadfully then go on an all expenses paid trip to Spain?
If they come back trash Forest and Derby I will gladly eat my humble pie and say it was worth every penny. Although I really can't see it. our problems are far more deep rooted than training sessions with the sun on there backs. Before the Boro game Stam had enthused how well training had gone and then they produced yet another abject performance.

Difference is we can’t sack everyone and the club need to change something, fast. Hate to mention his Huddersfield did it the week before the playoff final, do you seriously think they were perfectly happy to just be in the final and have a nice sunny week in Portugal doing oxf*rd all for the week? Teams occasionally train abroad for a week a lot more commonly than you may think