The fans alternative course of action.

double d

Re: The fans alternative course of action.

by double d » 22 Feb 2018 14:05

genome
Silver Fox
genome
No you're right, it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest someone would be embarrassed by an idiot

Has someone upset you genome?

Cheers for the whiteknight jd, not entirely sure I need it though

Trying out a new edgy persona.

I'm bored of it already tbh

It's almost as shit as your old one. Give up will you and stip dragging every thread down.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Feb 2018 14:08

double d
genome
Silver Fox
Has someone upset you genome?

Cheers for the whiteknight jd, not entirely sure I need it though

It's almost as shit as your old one. Give up will you and stip dragging every thread down.

Give up lying about fictional bets you didn't put on.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 22 Feb 2018 14:15

handbags_harris What Stam says about the fans from now on is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. He's entitled to his opinion of course, but no matter how well he means the things he says, he no longer has the support of the majority which is all but a position of dead man walking.

But regardless of Stam and the way he presents his arguments (and I've been a vocal critic of many of his managerial facets), one of the biggest issues this club has had over the last few years is its supporters - we all want the same thing, we each have a different opinion on how we should reach the ultimate goal but Jesus, we don't half have a precious "the players must entertain me" mentality. The sooner people realise that we support a club that has far from a divine right to be "entertained" every single match the better. We're not Chelsea, Man Utd, or Liverpool, we don't possess the quality of player to be able to win matches from a base of supporter expectancy. We're Reading, and regardless of the club's outlay on our players those players will still need to battle, scrap and fight as much as play because the opponents we face week in week out are our equals, we are not inherently better than them. If they don't battle, scrap or show 100% on the pitch then fine, express dissatisfaction however you see fit. oxf*rd what Stam thinks, says or does, provided the players show courage and determination and give 100% on the pitch they'll have my backing regardless of whether they're playing well or not. We're far too passive and reactive a fanbase, people from other clubs literally take the piss every oxf*rd week about us, but the point of sitting on your hands and expecting to be entertained has long gone. It's easy to be positive when you're losing just twice in a 46 game season. It's easy to be positive when your team plays high intensity, free flowing football, it's easy to be positive when you win 16 from 18 matches and snatch the league title. We've had a paucity of consistently good results and performances since the last relegation but surely the time has now come for the fans to realise that we need to do what we can to help? Because at the moment, we're not, we're exacerbating a shit situation. We know we're not going to be entertained by the sterile dross that's on display but we can at least try to make a difference and liven up the performances. It's up to us to do what we can to raise the playing level, and if ever there was a time to start taking the bull by the horns it's now.

A top post, well said.

double d

by double d » 22 Feb 2018 14:15

Old Man Andrews
double d
genome

Give up lying about fictional bets you didn't put on.

You know nothing at all and are just jealous of me. I dont have to proove anything at all and infact I did do it and put on loads of other bets.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Feb 2018 14:20

Denver Royal
handbags_harris What Stam says about the fans from now on is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. He's entitled to his opinion of course, but no matter how well he means the things he says, he no longer has the support of the majority which is all but a position of dead man walking.

But regardless of Stam and the way he presents his arguments (and I've been a vocal critic of many of his managerial facets), one of the biggest issues this club has had over the last few years is its supporters - we all want the same thing, we each have a different opinion on how we should reach the ultimate goal but Jesus, we don't half have a precious "the players must entertain me" mentality. The sooner people realise that we support a club that has far from a divine right to be "entertained" every single match the better. We're not Chelsea, Man Utd, or Liverpool, we don't possess the quality of player to be able to win matches from a base of supporter expectancy. We're Reading, and regardless of the club's outlay on our players those players will still need to battle, scrap and fight as much as play because the opponents we face week in week out are our equals, we are not inherently better than them. If they don't battle, scrap or show 100% on the pitch then fine, express dissatisfaction however you see fit. oxf*rd what Stam thinks, says or does, provided the players show courage and determination and give 100% on the pitch they'll have my backing regardless of whether they're playing well or not. We're far too passive and reactive a fanbase, people from other clubs literally take the piss every oxf*rd week about us, but the point of sitting on your hands and expecting to be entertained has long gone. It's easy to be positive when you're losing just twice in a 46 game season. It's easy to be positive when your team plays high intensity, free flowing football, it's easy to be positive when you win 16 from 18 matches and snatch the league title. We've had a paucity of consistently good results and performances since the last relegation but surely the time has now come for the fans to realise that we need to do what we can to help? Because at the moment, we're not, we're exacerbating a shit situation. We know we're not going to be entertained by the sterile dross that's on display but we can at least try to make a difference and liven up the performances. It's up to us to do what we can to raise the playing level, and if ever there was a time to start taking the bull by the horns it's now.

A top post, well said.

Don't disagree with the post - but it needs more than just people whingeing about it on a crappy forum. If you both feel that way, start off some positive chants or shout out some loud encouragement to the players - sure others will then join in

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Feb 2018 14:43

double d It's almost as shit as your old one. Give up will you and stip dragging every thread down.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 22 Feb 2018 15:18

lol.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 22 Feb 2018 15:26

Hound
Denver Royal

A top post, well said.

Don't disagree with the post - but it needs more than just people whingeing about it on a crappy forum. If you both feel that way, start off some positive chants or shout out some loud encouragement to the players - sure others will then join in

Of all the people to call out for not doing more than whingeing on a mongboars, HH probably isn't the best bet tbh.

Edit - not sure what has made me go TB and white knight crazy today.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Feb 2018 15:30

And where was your white-knighting after double d's needless and unprovoked attack on me? Huh? Huh?

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 22 Feb 2018 15:48

Denver Royal

A top post, well said.

+ 1 .Great post.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Feb 2018 15:54

jd82
Hound
Denver Royal
A top post, well said.

Of all the people to call out for not doing more than whingeing on a mongboars, HH probably isn't the best bet tbh.

Edit - not sure what has made me go TB and white knight crazy today.

not really calling him out - just saying. Loads of people whinge on the atmosphere, but the only way to change that is go there and do something about it. No idea what HH does or who he is, but it goes for all of us

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 22 Feb 2018 16:15

genome And where was your white-knighting after double d's needless and unprovoked attack on me? Huh? Huh?

:lol: read into that what you will. It could be that I think he’s an idiot that you don’t need defending from, or.. I think he’s right.

Or maybe both

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 22 Feb 2018 16:26

Bottom line is its bloody impossible to get passionate and excited about our dull boring tactics.
How can you chant and cheer pass backs and cross area possession?

It takes two to Tango Mr Stam

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 22 Feb 2018 16:50

It's not incumbent upon us to do anything at all. Football is an entertainment product and nothing more. If they want the company to keep existing, and maintain a customer base, they need to provide a decent, well priced product. Of course, football clubs are a little different to other entertainment providers because they have somehow managed to exploit human willingness to succumb to tribalism, but in reality it's no different to pop music, movies or video games.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Feb 2018 16:53

jd82
genome And where was your white-knighting after double d's needless and unprovoked attack on me? Huh? Huh?

:lol: read into that what you will. It could be that I think he’s an idiot that you don’t need defending from, or.. I think he’s right.

Or maybe both

We both know what the correct answer is

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 22 Feb 2018 16:55

genome
jd82

Or maybe both

We both know what the correct answer is

You said it..

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Feb 2018 17:02

I'm not sure he's in a place to comment on shit personas tbf tbh

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Feb 2018 17:34

genome I'm not sure he's in a place to comment on shit personas tbf tbh

He's in a great position to talk about bets that did not happen though. He is the authority on it in fact.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 22 Feb 2018 17:36

Sebastian the Red It's not incumbent upon us to do anything at all. Football is an entertainment product and nothing more. If they want the company to keep existing, and maintain a customer base, they need to provide a decent, well priced product. Of course, football clubs are a little different to other entertainment providers because they have somehow managed to exploit human willingness to succumb to tribalism, but in reality it's no different to pop music, movies or video games.

Listen...

if we wanted advice on how to live our own lives and not do it vicariously through 11 thick-as-fcuk footballing pcunts

we'd ask for it!

Alright?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Feb 2018 17:39

Royality creeps In Bottom line is its bloody impossible to get passionate and excited about our dull boring tactics.
How can you chant and cheer pass backs and cross area possession?

It takes two to Tango Mr Stam

We've managed it in the past. It doesn't take any special inspiration to stand up and sing Molly Malone. You just do it.