The fans alternative course of action.

102 posts
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

The fans alternative course of action.

by Lower West » 16 Feb 2018 17:51

As fans perhaps we simply need to give our vocal support to the team. No ifs no buts. Whatever the performance is like on the pitch.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The fans alternative course of action.

by Zip » 16 Feb 2018 18:37

It is a two way thing though. The players have got to try and engender some excitement during the game. No shots on goal in the first half of our last home game isn’t going to bring that.

ROYALJOE

by ROYALJOE » 16 Feb 2018 18:49

Lower West As fans perhaps we simply need to give our vocal support to the team. No ifs no buts. Whatever the performance is like on the pitch.

how can you vocally support a team, which are so negative passing backwards all game and give nothing to win a game. We are playing with a lot of fear every game for no reason. Just boring to watch how can you cheers when nothing to cheers for :?:

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 16 Feb 2018 19:41

Good luck with that, we have one of the worst fanbases in the country. Most of us seem to be part timers who think they should be guranteed a great season because they bought a season ticket, say they’re not going to renew when we don’t but come back when we do well again. Go and support Chelsea

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Feb 2018 19:48

TiagoIlori Good luck with that, we have one of the worst fanbases in the country. Most of us seem to be part timers who think they should be guranteed a great season because they bought a season ticket, say they’re not going to renew when we don’t but come back when we do well again. Go and support Chelsea

Just the occasional home win on a Saturday would suffice. It’s not asking too much. As a fan base we are an undemanding lot. We really are.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 16 Feb 2018 19:56

Zip
TiagoIlori Good luck with that, we have one of the worst fanbases in the country. Most of us seem to be part timers who think they should be guranteed a great season because they bought a season ticket, say they’re not going to renew when we don’t but come back when we do well again. Go and support Chelsea

Just the occasional home win on a Saturday would suffice. It’s not asking too much. As a fan base we are an undemanding lot. We really are.

Seriously? I’d argue a lot of our fans seem to act like we have a divine right to do well actually. We’ve been booing our team off since September

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Feb 2018 00:28

TiagoIlori
Zip

Seriously? I’d argue a lot of our fans seem to act like we have a divine right to do well actually. We’ve been booing our team off since September

By “we” you mean small numbers of fans. I can’t remember any booing as early as September

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 17 Feb 2018 00:53

Zip
TiagoIlori
Zip

By “we” you mean small numbers of fans. I can’t remember any booing as early as September

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... with_Hull/

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Feb 2018 07:14

Yes maybe we need to be a bit more supportive. Y26 at the start of games is as quiet as I've ever heard it.

The fact remains, the football is dull and we rarely look like scoring. If we miss a good chance or we score a goal then the fans will start getting vocally behind them.

Its those players who need to show how good they really are as way too many of them have been way from suffice off their best this season.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Feb 2018 07:19

TiagoIlori
Zip

Yes because a team who finished 3rd last year and invested about £10m-£15m in transfer fees should be doing better than 4 points above relegation. We've lost to some total dross sides this season like Brum, Burton, Millwall, Norwich , Boro etc and we've not fought in any of those fixtures.

We have every right to be booing at the end of games. We should be at least top half in the league with that squad.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Feb 2018 07:53

TiagoIlori
Zip
TiagoIlori Seriously? I’d argue a lot of our fans seem to act like we have a divine right to do well actually. We’ve been booing our team off since September

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... with_Hull/

Fair enough. I have to say at that stage of the season booing the side was ridiculous. It’s been justified from Burton onwards although I don’t personally boo the side.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 17 Feb 2018 08:14

I think the fans have made their feelings known.Its time to draw a line in the sand and get behind the team .

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Feb 2018 08:41

Zip It is a two way thing though. The players have got to try and engender some excitement during the game. No shots on goal in the first half of our last home game isn’t going to bring that.

This. You need something on the pitch to get things going. With this drab cr@ppy style basically nothing happens. There's no impetus or high tempo, there's no fight, there's no "in yer face" attitude and everyone slowly loses interest however bright eyed and bushy tailed they felt about supporting the team at the outset. Burton was particularly bad with people given over to demonstrate their smart phone lights rather than watching the game. And for Birmingham half the meagre compliment that was in the home stands left when Brum scored their second with nearly 30 minutes left to play.

The only way around all that is for an organised determined effort from supporters and sadly the fan base - what's left of it - just isn't large enough or even concentrated strongly enough in one area to be able do that (and even if they did there'd be a load of moaners telling people to shut up and sit down etc.)

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 17 Feb 2018 12:35

tee peg I think the fans have made their feelings known.Its time to draw a line in the sand and get behind the team .

That's my feeling. The players that don't perform will be gone in the summer. New manager or not. Us fans will still be here.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 17 Feb 2018 12:58

ROYALJOE
Lower West As fans perhaps we simply need to give our vocal support to the team. No ifs no buts. Whatever the performance is like on the pitch.

how can you vocally support a team, which are so negative passing backwards all game and give nothing to win a game. We are playing with a lot of fear every game for no reason. Just boring to watch how can you cheers when nothing to cheers for :?:

When you're a supporter?

cp

by cp » 17 Feb 2018 14:31

I agree that there has to be something to cheer. Cheering a side or back pass would actually sound sarcastic.

There's 2 components here, the players and the fans. One can affect the other. So if the fans were able to find something at all to cheer it would help the players and if the players were able at all to perform it would help the fans. But which one starts this happening?

Given that one of these components are professionals who are paid to entertain the fans and the other are the ones paying to be entertained, surely the onus is on the paid entertainers*.

*Players often justify their wages by saying that they are not just players but entertainers to large crowds.

(Sometimes though, the script (tactics) is just so badly written that even the best entertainer can't make the show work.)

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 17 Feb 2018 15:01

It's the choice of the individual surely? Players should lead by example and give fans reason to become more vocal and positive, fans in turn, will respond! There hasn't been much to cheer this term, rewarding or celebrating and supporting mediocrity is not likely to improve the situation IMHO

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 17 Feb 2018 16:04

Royal_jimmy
TiagoIlori
Zip

Yes because a team who finished 3rd last year and invested about £10m-£15m in transfer fees should be doing better than 4 points above relegation. We've lost to some total dross sides this season like Brum, Burton, Millwall, Norwich , Boro etc and we've not fought in any of those fixtures.

We have every right to be booing at the end of games. We should be at least top half in the league with that squad.

Our players are shit, our manager is shit. They are not the squad you seem to think they are

double d

by double d » 17 Feb 2018 16:46

Have you seen some of the idiots on fb? oxf*rd part time melts

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 20 Feb 2018 11:24

They say football is like a religion to some - does that apply to you, Lower West?

What would it take for you to boo a performance or criticise a manager?

102 posts