Relegation odds

20/20/18/16

So the bookies think we are safe !

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Relegation Watch

by Royalwaster » 08 Apr 2018 06:46

JR
Forest Gump I have Reading on 43 with Barnsley on 39.
It’s obviously going to be very close even though Clement appeared to have caused a slight improvement in our defending.
In fact I think the defence is looking slightly more robust; shame about the midfield which to a man are all underperforming badly and not showing any sign of improving.
The only thing that we know for certain is that with Stam we would definitely have gone down.

Didn’t realise you had a crystal ball - with Stam we could easily have scraped a win and a few draws and that would have been enough.

I’ve just done the predictor and surprised myself with Reading only picking up 5 points from last 6, but still stay 3 clear of Sunderland and Bolton who slip in to trouble

You mean the idiot manager who could only win against Burton in 20 matches could suddenly scrap a few wins and draws ... ? Clements may not be the Messiah but he is compared to Stam.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Apr 2018 09:13

Royalwaster
JR
Forest Gump I have Reading on 43 with Barnsley on 39.
It’s obviously going to be very close even though Clement appeared to have caused a slight improvement in our defending.
In fact I think the defence is looking slightly more robust; shame about the midfield which to a man are all underperforming badly and not showing any sign of improving.
The only thing that we know for certain is that with Stam we would definitely have gone down.

Didn’t realise you had a crystal ball - with Stam we could easily have scraped a win and a few draws and that would have been enough.

I’ve just done the predictor and surprised myself with Reading only picking up 5 points from last 6, but still stay 3 clear of Sunderland and Bolton who slip in to trouble

You mean the idiot manager who could only win against Burton in 20 matches could suddenly scrap a few wins and draws ... ? Clements may not be the Messiah but he is compared to Stam.

Yeah. We were scoring a few goals and certainly picking up draws. QPR and Preston were pretty unthreatening so there's a chance we could have beaten either under Stam. We would have had much more of the ball and been under less of a kosh... but we would have been shakier with more mistakes.
Even if we lost both, we'd only be one point behind 21st.

We've certainly improved and he was sacked because it was looking very bad. But it's not like we were cut adrift by 10 points or anything.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Apr 2018 09:18

We’re definitely not safe yet. Tuesdays fix aren’t great for us on paper, and all it takes is for Barnsley to win when we lose and we are right back in it

Would really like Sunderland to lose again in the week - that really will put them all but down before they come to us

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 08 Apr 2018 09:30

Reading 42
Fulham (A)
Sunderland
Sheff Wed (A)
Ipswich
Cardiff (A)

Birmingham 40
Bristol City (A)
Wolves (A)
Sheff Utd
QPR (A)
Fulham

Bolton 39
Millwall
Barnsley (A)
Wolves
Burton (A)
Forest

Barnsley 37
Ipswich (A)
Bolton
Leeds (A)
Forest (A)
Brentford
Derby (A)

Sunderland 32
Norwich
Reading (A)
Burton
Fulham (A)
Wolves

Burton 32
Hull
Derby
Sunderland (A)
Bolton
Preston (A)

Cross posting 'cause it's just as valid here. I reckon 46 points will see safety. We'll battle 4 points out of that lot won't we?

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 08 Apr 2018 09:50

I would like to think that we could muster 4 points from the remaining fixtures. I wouldn't want Birmingham's
run in.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Apr 2018 10:47

Weds, Ipswich and Sunderland are all very winnable. Unlikely to win all three, but we really should get at least 4 points out of them. And you never know, we might sneak something at Fulham or Cardiff.

The bottom few have all picked up a bit in the last three / four games, 42/43 is looking a little low again, but for Barnsley to pick up 10 points from their last six is a big ask.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Apr 2018 14:25

Tim was saying on BBCB yesterday that the last time a club that was in the bottom 3 of the Championship, with 6 games remaining, got themselves out of trouble was in 2014.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 08 Apr 2018 16:12

I think if a win Saturday should pretty much see us safe with the run ins some of our rivals face.

I think we will manage 5-7 more points.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Apr 2018 16:28

Sutekh Tim was saying on BBCB yesterday that the last time a club that was in the bottom 3 of the Championship, with 6 games remaining, got themselves out of trouble was in 2014.

Not exactly that long ago is it?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Apr 2018 19:42

Interesting* that the championship show kept us out of their relegation round up

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 Apr 2018 21:01

Silver Fox Interesting* that the championship show kept us out of their relegation round up

Might just be a reflection of the general indifference towards Reading, whatever end of the table they are

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 Apr 2018 21:17

Silver Fox Interesting* that the championship show kept us out of their relegation round up

Perhaps they haven't seen our last 3 performances. 8)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Apr 2018 22:45

Well! You’d have to be retarded* to think this team could be relegation threatened. Eh?

*or some other insult

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Apr 2018 22:57

bcubed

Might just be a reflection of the general indifference towards Reading, whatever end of the table they are

Yeah as we know the only teams in the playoffs last season were Fulham and Wednesday, oh apart from “plucky” Huddersfield.

No idea who the other team was, never saw it mentioned.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 08 Apr 2018 23:04

That's quite the chip on our shoulder!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Apr 2018 23:08

The Reverend That's quite the chip on our shoulder!

Not really. I love the fact no one cares about us, it’s makes it sweeter when we do succeed.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 09 Apr 2018 06:49

Forest Gump The only thing that we know for certain is that with Stam we would definitely have gone down.

LOL. You tit.

As for our current prospects....

So we have 5/6 games left and the team in 22nd need 2 more wins than us. Is that correct? (and the teams in 23rd and 24th need 4 more wins?). We still need a result somewhere (2 to be safe) but how are those relegation odds looking now? As for that result somewhere we need, as Ive always said, if we dont beat Sunderland we deserve to go down. Also, we are also scheduled to play a team at home that are currently 16 points clear of relegation and 13 points short of the Playoffs. Who, incidentally have said are replacing their manager at the end of the season. If that doesnt mean their season is already over, then nothing does.

Although, they are above us in the league, so by the laws of HNA?, means they will beat us.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 09 Apr 2018 09:16

The Reverend Reading 42
Fulham (A)
Sunderland
Sheff Wed (A)
Ipswich
Cardiff (A)

Birmingham 40
Bristol City (A)
Wolves (A)
Sheff Utd
QPR (A)
Fulham

Bolton 39
Millwall
Barnsley (A)
Wolves
Burton (A)
Forest

Barnsley 37
Ipswich (A)
Bolton
Leeds (A)
Forest (A)
Brentford
Derby (A)

Sunderland 32
Norwich
Reading (A)
Burton
Fulham (A)
Wolves

Burton 32
Hull
Derby
Sunderland (A)
Bolton
Preston (A)

Cross posting 'cause it's just as valid here. I reckon 46 points will see safety. We'll battle 4 points out of that lot won't we?

Key game there I think will be Bolton vs Barnsley that will decide a lot who ends up in that final berth. We need to beat Sunderland aswell.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 09 Apr 2018 10:05

Sunderland at home is our best chance of another valuable 3 points

632 posts