by windermereROYAL » 15 Apr 2018 12:26

Cmon Wolves 1-0

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Relegation Watch

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 15 Apr 2018 13:06

Zip
Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Zip I don’t think it’s that unlikely for Bolton, Brum and Bsrnsley to reach 44 points. For Bolton that would be a win, a defeat and a loss. For Brum a win, a draw and two defeats. For Barnsley two wins and two defeats. So none of them will have to be in great form.

If JR suggests our players can now afford to be on the beach it suggests we can lose all of our remaining games and be fine. I hope the players don’t feel this way.

You could put the bet on? The 40-1 is reported available at Ladbrokes and Corals.

Our advantage is that we arent in competition with one team, we need THREE teams to finish the season better than us and we have a win advantage over all of them. Plus these are teams that struggle to win. PLUS, you are not betting on them all getting 44 points, youre also betting on us not getting 44 points. So youre betting on us losing at home to Ipswich.

Actually, 40-1 is a tempting price. You could get 200 quid for a throwaway 5 quid if you really believe that we are so awful that we'll lose the Ipswich game. What is there to lose? Youd want to put it on before Brimingham's game in hand, though.

I don’t need to bet on anything to make a point but I do agree 40/1 is very generous. I think we will stay up but to suggest we are definitely safe on 43 points which is what JR implied is a bit complacent. I very much doubt Clement thinks we are already safe.

45 is safe. 43 could well be too.
I just dont believe we wont get another point this season, nor that all 3 teams below us will start winning half their games.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Apr 2018 13:42

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Zip
Dr_Hfuhruhurr
You could put the bet on? The 40-1 is reported available at Ladbrokes and Corals.

Our advantage is that we arent in competition with one team, we need THREE teams to finish the season better than us and we have a win advantage over all of them. Plus these are teams that struggle to win. PLUS, you are not betting on them all getting 44 points, youre also betting on us not getting 44 points. So youre betting on us losing at home to Ipswich.

Actually, 40-1 is a tempting price. You could get 200 quid for a throwaway 5 quid if you really believe that we are so awful that we'll lose the Ipswich game. What is there to lose? Youd want to put it on before Brimingham's game in hand, though.

I don’t need to bet on anything to make a point but I do agree 40/1 is very generous. I think we will stay up but to suggest we are definitely safe on 43 points which is what JR implied is a bit complacent. I very much doubt Clement thinks we are already safe.

45 is safe. 43 could well be too.
I just dont believe we wont get another point this season, nor that all 3 teams below us will start winning half their games.

God help us if we have to goto Cardiff last game of the season to get to get something.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Apr 2018 13:50

windermereROYAL Cmon Wolves 1-0

And 2-0 near the end. Brum have man sent off too.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Apr 2018 13:52

6 points max needed. if Bolton AND Birmingham win all 3 of their remaining games
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 15 Apr 2018 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 15 Apr 2018 14:12

Another round of games gone and we are better off than the last set of games with Birmingham losing.

Could do with Burton winning next week as would keep their season alive going in to the Bolton game.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Apr 2018 14:27

Stranded

Straight red too. That's a central defender that's out for the 3 remaining games.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Apr 2018 14:56

Lower West
Stranded

Straight red too. That's a central defender that's out for the 3 remaining games.

Not necessarily, I thought we went over this?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Apr 2018 16:13

CountryRoyal
Lower West
Stranded

Indeed - more likely to be 4 games.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 15 Apr 2018 16:28

Given our far superior goal difference this means that even if we lose all our remaining games, Birmingham would need to get more than 1 win from their last 3 games. If we win one of our 3, we are basically safe as you can't see B'ham getting more than 2 wins.

double d

by double d » 15 Apr 2018 16:32

Royalwaster Given our far superior goal difference this means that even if we lose all our remaining games, Birmingham would need to get more than 1 win from their last 3 games. If we win one of our 3, we are basically safe as you can't see B'ham getting more than 2 wins.

agreed

RATM

by RATM » 15 Apr 2018 16:39

Platypuss
CountryRoyal
Lower West

I think it's 2 games. BBC are saying 4 but think that's wrong. Dean was sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity which is a 1 match ban but he gets an additional game as its his second sending off this season.

double d

by double d » 15 Apr 2018 16:42

RATM
Platypuss
CountryRoyal

I think it's 2 games. BBC are saying 4 but think that's wrong. Dean was sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity which is a 1 match ban but he gets an additional game as its his second sending off this season.

it will not matter anyway tbh

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Apr 2018 16:54

Royalwaster Given our far superior goal difference this means that even if we lose all our remaining games, Birmingham would need to get more than 1 win from their last 3 games. If we win one of our 3, we are basically safe as you can't see B'ham getting more than 2 wins.

Birmingham would need 4 points if we lose our last 3. likewise Bolton.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Apr 2018 17:03

windermereROYAL

Unless there is an extremely unlikely swing in goal difference with those results.

double d

by double d » 15 Apr 2018 18:06

Sutekh
windermereROYAL

Unless there is an extremely unlikely swing in goal difference with those results.

Agreed

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Apr 2018 23:32

And I remember I got laughed at back in October when I said that we could go down. We've been close to the drop even if we do get the points to survive.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Apr 2018 01:29

Royal_jimmy And I remember I got laughed at back in October when I said that we could go down. We've been close to the drop even if we do get the points to survive.

I very much doubt people were laughing at your for suggesting we might go down. I know you were one of the people calling for Stam's head in October though which was well worth laughing at, despite how it did end up with him.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 16 Apr 2018 10:32

Updated

Reading 43 (-15)
Sheff Wed (A)
Ipswich
Cardiff (A)

Bolton 40 (-30)
Wolves
Burton (A)
Forest

Birmingham 40 (-31)
Sheff Utd
QPR (A)
Fulham

Barnsley 38 (-19)
Leeds (A)
Forest (A)
Brentford
Derby (A)

Burton 35 (-45)
Sunderland (A)
Bolton
Preston (A)

Sunderland 34 (-29)
Burton
Fulham (A)
Wolves

Parky's point against Barnsley looks significant, moving them above Brum on goal difference. With Burton and Forest still to play I can see them getting the points to stay up.

Barnsley's fixtures don't look easy but none of their opponents will be playing for anything. Of course they've also got that game in hand, a win or a couple more draws and they're above Birmingham on goal difference.

Birmingham look like they'll have everything riding on that QPR game and even a win there might not be enough

I think we still need a point of our own - a win takes us out of it.

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 16 Apr 2018 11:05

Although nothing for them to play for, Leeds never need any spice to get up for Yorkshire derbies, chance to put a nail in Barnsley's relegation coffin, the whole Heckingbottom fiasco added to that also.

I can easily see a Leeds win here.

632 posts