Relegation Watch

632 posts
elrey

Re: Relegation Watch

by elrey » 18 Apr 2018 12:18

4 teams could take the one final spot to go down.

Barnsley play 14th, 17th, 10th, 7th
Birmingham play 9th, 15th, 3rd
Bolton play 1st, 23rd, 17th

Reading play 16th, 12th, 2nd

Different ways to look at it. Those games against teams with something to fight for could be the hardest. That might be Cardiff and Fulham to go up, Derby to get in the play offs.

So Barnsley, Birmingham and Reading could have a difficult last day of the season.

14th, 17th could be easy for for Barnley, 10th could be complicated if Brentford are still in the hunt and a potentially difficult last day. So, 6 points maybe

Birmingham have 9th, will be complicated as Sheffield Utd are 3 points off the play offs. QPR safe and nothing to play for, Fulham last day of the season. So maybe 3 points.

Bolton play Wolves, on a high needing one more point to clinch the Championship, Burton should be a walkover, but this is Bolton and Forest will have nothing to play for. Maybe 3 to 6 points.

With Reading having a good goal difference, three points could be enough.....

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Apr 2018 23:03

3 points means we need to win a game, or draw all three
and that means away at Wednesday or home to Ipswich.

While it's not impossible to win at Cardiff, it would
be a very bad idea to HAVE to win there.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Apr 2018 09:12

Snowball 3 points means we need to win a game, or draw all three

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 19 Apr 2018 10:09

Pepe the Horseman

My point is, that really means we have to WIN ONE GAME
as I can't see us going unbeaten for the last three games

and winning games is something we are very poor at

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Apr 2018 13:17

Snowball
Pepe the Horseman

My point is, that really means we have to WIN ONE GAME
as I can't see us going unbeaten for the last three games

and winning games is something we are very poor at

We don't need to win any games but would be useful. We have been terrible at that but with the exception of Brum all the teams below us have been worse at it. Even then Brum are 25% better than us at losing games.

bagman

by bagman » 19 Apr 2018 14:22

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we go to Cardiff having already secured status, and Colin needing to win for automatic !! Dreamland.

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 19 Apr 2018 20:00

19. Royals (43 Pts) Sheffield wed (a)
Ipswich (h) cardiff (a)

20. Bolton (40pts): Wolves (h), Burton (a), Nottm Forest (a).

21. Birmingham (40pts): Sheff Utd (h), QPR (a), Fulham (h).

22. Barnsley (38pts): Leeds (a), Nottm Forest (a), Brentford (h), Derby (a).

23. Burton (35pts): Sunderland (a), Bolton (h), Preston (a).

24. Sunderland (34pts): Burton (h), Fulham (a), Wolves (h).

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 19 Apr 2018 23:16

bagman Wouldn't it be wonderful if we go to Cardiff having already secured status, and Colin needing to win for automatic !! Dreamland.

I don't like Warnock but I don't have anything in particular against Cardiff. Assuming Swansea stay up it would be good to have another tasty PL derby.

Also I quite enjoy the Fulham day out so would rather they didn't go up.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Apr 2018 23:32

I went to uni in Cardiff and have a huge soft spot for the city. I am pretty indifferent to the football club though, however despite Warnock, I'd rather see them go up at the expense of Fulham for several reasons.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Apr 2018 23:41

CountryRoyal I went to uni in Cardiff and have a huge soft spot for the city. I am pretty indifferent to the football club though, however despite Warnock, I'd rather see them go up at the expense of Fulham for several reasons.

I dislike Warnock for his dirty Leeds side and for what they did to Karacan. However Cardiff have a better disciplinary record than us. Their fans are far less cocky than Fulham’s entitled supporters. Cardiff is also a cracking City. So for me Cardiff to go up please.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Apr 2018 23:46

I was in the school year as the Cardiff keeper so it would be cool for him to get into the Premier League, but oxf*rd Warnock.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Apr 2018 23:50

tidus_mi2 I was in the school year as the Cardiff keeper so it would be cool for him to get into the Premier League, but oxf*rd Warnock.

The half pinoy lad? That’s pretty cool. I remember him at Walsall and wasn’t overly enthralled but certainly thought he’d have enough to make the jump to the championship. Would he be first Filipino international in the prem?

double d

by double d » 20 Apr 2018 06:41

CountryRoyal I went to uni in Cardiff and have a huge soft spot for the city. I am pretty indifferent to the football club though, however despite Warnock, I'd rather see them go up at the expense of Fulham for several reasons.

What reasons?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Apr 2018 08:24

double d

What reasons?

Because I hate Fulham and CountryRoyal worships me.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Apr 2018 08:52

tbh, thoroughly bored of Fulham and their team of superstars. But then it is about as good a derby as we get nowadays

Actually have no real preference either way. Maybe just slightly prefer Cardiff as the thought of Fulham messing up the play offs again is quite a nice one

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Apr 2018 08:53

Hound tbh, thoroughly bored of Fulham and their team of superstars. But then it is about as good a derby as we get nowadays

Actually have no real preference either way. Maybe just slightly prefer Cardiff as the thought of Fulham messing up the play offs again is quite a nice one

Would love to see Fulham bottle it again personally. Piazon won't be chirping up then will he?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Apr 2018 10:27

I like the idea of Millwall beating them in a play off semi. Even if it was just for make Leon happy

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Apr 2018 10:32

Hound I like the idea of Millwall beating them in a play off semi. Even if it was just for make Leon happy

Big match tonight. Rooting for Millwall, actually. Never thought I'd say that.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Apr 2018 10:35

genome
Hound I like the idea of Millwall beating them in a play off semi. Even if it was just for make Leon happy

Big match tonight. Rooting for Millwall, actually. Never thought I'd say that.

likewise - though tempered by the fact Brum have to play Fulham on the last day. Would be nice if Fulham still have something to play for - fear if they lose to Millwall, thats game over for their auto chances

Obviously ideally we'd beat Wednesday and Barnsley and Bolton will lose and it will become irrelevant

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 20 Apr 2018 10:35

It's a bit like choosing between losing your sight or your genitals. Seeing Colin's gurning face milking the applause on the pitch in Cardiff, or watching the cottagers (lol) in the neutral end gently applauding their fantastically talented team of future megastars returning to their "rightful place".

Nightmare scenario is a Colin smugfest and a Fulham play off win, but at least that would mean Villa in deep do do.

632 posts