Relegation Watch

632 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Relegation Watch

by windermereROYAL » 24 Apr 2018 22:19

Derby right in the mix now for a play-off spot, they will almost certainly need to win against Barnsley to assure their place, it`s all over lads

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 24 Apr 2018 22:20

genome Fulltime Forest 3 Barnsley 0

Lovely stuff. Win on Saturday and it's job done.

Even a draw would be enough now

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Apr 2018 22:23

Royalwaster

I now think we have enough points so could lose our last two and still stay up.

double d

by double d » 24 Apr 2018 22:23

Zip
RoyalBlue
Mr. Pharmacist The main downside is that we'd let that foaming bunch of faux hipsters @ Craven Cottage in. I'd let Colin have his day just to see that lot spontaneously combust and bottle the playoffs.

It's a tough call that one. Don't want to see Colin and the Welsh in the top tier either. Are the Welsh still insisting on playing under their own rules in the English PL?

What are twatting on about? You do realise the Welsh clubs were invited to play in English Football League.

Are are insane? Swansea have been in pl for years and haven't changed rules to Welsh football.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Apr 2018 22:25

Zip
Royalwaster

I now think we have enough points so could lose our last two and still stay up.

Which is probably just as well :)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Apr 2018 22:26

I believe that makes it 2/6 points required to guarantee safety.

I've quite enjoyed counting this down from twentysomething over the last 7/8 games.

At least it's been an interesting end to the season.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 24 Apr 2018 22:28

Win Saturday for guaranteed safety.

Fulham to win their final game 4-0 only to see a Reading team featuring 7 U23s concede in the final minute.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Apr 2018 22:29

double d
Zip
RoyalBlue
It's a tough call that one. Don't want to see Colin and the Welsh in the top tier either. Are the Welsh still insisting on playing under their own rules in the English PL?

What are twatting on about? You do realise the Welsh clubs were invited to play in English Football League.

Are are insane? Swansea have been in pl for years and haven't changed rules to Welsh football.

I believe he's referring to the Welsh clubs being governed by the Welsh FA in some way still rather than wholly under the English FA... I seem to recall something about disciplinary issues a few years ago.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Apr 2018 22:31

Royalwaster

A win on Saturday would have been enough regardless of what happened tonight

double d

by double d » 24 Apr 2018 22:34

I did love sean moROFLisons comedy "defending" for two of the goals tonight.

JR

by JR » 24 Apr 2018 22:40

linkenholtroyal Am I the only on that thinks burton could survive, they have Bolton and Preston as there last 2, both very winnable games. That is a big game at the weekend.

Nope - I’m with you, Burton for the great escape (also said this on Saturday)

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Apr 2018 22:41

Snowflake Royal
double d
Zip

I believe he's referring to the Welsh clubs being governed by the Welsh FA in some way still rather than wholly under the English FA... I seem to recall something about disciplinary issues a few years ago.

He did explain this earlier
Did just ignored it

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Apr 2018 22:42

JR
linkenholtroyal Am I the only on that thinks burton could survive, they have Bolton and Preston as there last 2, both very winnable games. That is a big game at the weekend.

Nope - I’m with you, Burton for the great escape (also said this on Saturday)

If they win Saturday we only need a point to be certain of staying up.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Apr 2018 23:12

If we're safe after Saturday I am very tempted at the idea of taking the trip to Cardiff to be there spoiling Warnock's promotion party in a stand full of inflatables.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 25 Apr 2018 00:11

Not sure if this has been pointed out but if Barnsley fail to beat Brentford we are safe no matter what happens in our two matches save for a couple of 8-0 defeats.

Barnsley not winning means they can’t catch us.

Bolton playing burton means that they couldn’t both catch us. If Burton lose or draw they can’t catch us. If burton win then Bolton would need to turn around a -16 goal difference to catch us.

Ingham

by Ingham » 25 Apr 2018 06:09

Only one Trevor Morley Not sure if this has been pointed out but if Barnsley fail to beat Brentford we are safe no matter what happens in our two matches save for a couple of 8-0 defeats.

Barnsley not winning means they can’t catch us.

Bolton playing burton means that they couldn’t both catch us. If Burton lose or draw they can’t catch us. If burton win then Bolton would need to turn around a -16 goal difference to catch us.

But Barnsley can still catch us - 5 points behind with 2 games to play. Unlikely but still possible. A Reading defeat on Saturday combined with a Barnsley win will mean it is back to a nervous 6 May.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 25 Apr 2018 06:11

Yeah I have been looking at the table, the remaining fixtures with their permutations and that Brentford-Barnsley match is key. If Brentford win, they are still alive for a chance at 6th place and in good form, we will be safe. Football can be a funny game though, nothing is ever a sure thing. Hope we can at least get a draw with Ipswich and make it all moot.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Apr 2018 06:17

Relax everyone. It was in our hands before last night and even more so now. With 2 teams 5 behind us and one team 3 there is no way 3 teams are going past us with 2 games to play even if we lose both.

Have a feeling we'll be mathematically safe on Saturday even if we lose.

Fezza

by Fezza » 25 Apr 2018 06:35

Snowflake Royal I believe that makes it 2/6 points required to guarantee safety.

I've quite enjoyed counting this down from twentysomething over the last 7/8 games.

At least it's been an interesting end to the season.

In actuality it's more like 1 point due to Burton and Bolton's quite woeful goal difference (unless we ship more than 10 goals over two games...)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Apr 2018 09:19

Just think if Barnsley don't win Saturday, Reading could turn out and serve up the standard dross home performance against Ipswich and lose but still be safe.

Just wondering what route it will go down for Reading to get there (if at all of course).

632 posts