Relegation Watch

632 posts
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Relegation Watch

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Apr 2018 18:21

Sutekh Two questions

1 should Reading win next week, who is on the pitch?
2 should Reading lose or draw and/or results go against them, who is staying to applaud the players on their lap of appreciation?

Not me in both situations, I may be able to bring myself to stay for the lap of appreciation if we win.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Apr 2018 18:46

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh Two questions

1 should Reading win next week, who is on the pitch?
2 should Reading lose or draw and/or results go against them, who is staying to applaud the players on their lap of appreciation?

1) Not me.
2) Me
1) not me

2) Nor me

double d

by double d » 21 Apr 2018 18:49

Not me. Pfuck the lot of them.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Apr 2018 19:00

double d Not me.
which one?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 21 Apr 2018 19:41

Snowflake Royal
Victor Meldrew Don't want it to go to the last day.
I still haven't got over that day when we were 4-0 up at Derby and Wembley-bound Pompey contrived to lose 1-0 at home to Fulham.
The daft thing is that in our game both sides just played out time in the second half when IIRC an 8-0 (not beyond the realms of possibility as Derby were that bad) would have kept us up.
Let's just get a point tomorrow and 1 or more next Saturday and that should be enough.
Given we were one nil up at HT and scored three second half goals, including one in the 90th minute, that's obvious nonsense.

And yes, I was there.

On checking, you are quite right Ian.
My memory has been playing tricks although I do recall that we didn't really press towards the end of the game and Lita's goal was in added time.
Glad to know that you were there-I guess my memories have to take in about 2000 or more games over the years whereas you just have to remember the few. :wink:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Apr 2018 19:43

:lol:

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 21 Apr 2018 20:07

"Despite another defeat, Reading have avoided dropping into the relegation zone.

Next week's game with Ipswich Town is imperative and a win there would go a long way to securing survival."

Great comments again from our local journo.

So how Mr Low could Barnsley have made up 5 points on us in one game, and Brum and Bolton overtaken us also, given their goal differences?

In addition if we win next week we ARE safe

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Apr 2018 20:11

C’mon Burton

Despite our piss-poor season (end-of-season) you are raising your credits....hope you make it.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Apr 2018 20:56

AthleticoSpizz C’mon Burton

Despite our piss-poor season (end-of-season) you are raising your credits....hope you make it.

Makes next week interesting. Without them winning today we could have been safe next weekend even with a loss (barring massive GD swing). As Bolton play Burton, if we lose then we will only be 2 points clear of one of them. Need Barnsley to lose on Tuesday for there to be the possibility of that now.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Apr 2018 21:02

We badly need Forest to get something on Tuesday.

If Barnsley win then Burton are down meaning their fixture vs Bolton becomes meaningless (so won't go for it). If we then fail to beat Ipswich, a Barnsley win and Bolton winning means we could go down if we lose to Cardiff

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 21 Apr 2018 21:13

Royal_jimmy We badly need Forest to get something on Tuesday.

If Barnsley win then Burton are down

How?

A Barnsley win puts them on 41 points. Burton can still get 44.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Apr 2018 21:24

@Royal-jimmy

Not true. If Barnsley beat Forest, they are 3 points ahead of Burton with 2 to play. Barnsley have Brentford who are very much in the playoff mix and Derby, who will in all likelihood stlll be in the playoff mix, even with Cardiff and Villa also still to play as Millwall in 6th have to play Villa and Middlesbrough.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 21 Apr 2018 21:29, edited 1 time in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Apr 2018 21:28

AthleticoSpizz C’mon Burton

+1 on that. Clough again showing his class. Desperately wanted him as our manager. He does so well with that squad and they play good football. Incredible if he keeps them up.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Apr 2018 21:32

....has had to play with Hope Akpan as a 90 minuter for the last dozen games too :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Apr 2018 21:39

Victor Meldrew
Snowflake Royal
Victor Meldrew Don't want it to go to the last day.
I still haven't got over that day when we were 4-0 up at Derby and Wembley-bound Pompey contrived to lose 1-0 at home to Fulham.
The daft thing is that in our game both sides just played out time in the second half when IIRC an 8-0 (not beyond the realms of possibility as Derby were that bad) would have kept us up.
Let's just get a point tomorrow and 1 or more next Saturday and that should be enough.
Given we were one nil up at HT and scored three second half goals, including one in the 90th minute, that's obvious nonsense.

And yes, I was there.

On checking, you are quite right Ian.
My memory has been playing tricks although I do recall that we didn't really press towards the end of the game and Lita's goal was in added time.
Glad to know that you were there-I guess my memories have to take in about 2000 or more games over the years whereas you just have to remember the few. :wink:

Don't worry, when I'm old I'll be just as forgetful.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Apr 2018 07:37

Mid Sussex Royal "Despite another defeat, Reading have avoided dropping into the relegation zone.

Next week's game with Ipswich Town is imperative and a win there would go a long way to securing survival."

So how Mr Low could Barnsley have made up 5 points on us in one game, and Brum and Bolton overtaken us also, given their goal differences?

Not if we field an ineligible player.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 22 Apr 2018 08:40

Sutekh
Mid Sussex Royal "Despite another defeat, Reading have avoided dropping into the relegation zone.

I agree

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 22 Apr 2018 09:28

Hiram K Hackenbacker
Sutekh

I agree

This HKH fellow seems to be a little odd

double d

by double d » 22 Apr 2018 10:27

bcubed
Hiram K Hackenbacker
Sutekh

I agree

This HKH fellow seems to be a little odd

I agree

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 22 Apr 2018 10:41

I was chatting to Keith Wyness, of all people, last night and he seemed confident that we wouldn't go down. I just don't think I could cope with getting relegated by a Warnock-managed Cardiff. I guess with the playoff situation, its likely to be on telly as well.

Watching final score through me fingers next week, I think.

632 posts