BFTG Forest (A)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Forest (A)

by Hound » 21 Feb 2018 11:47

genome
Hound But the effort levels were definitely vastly improved

I imagine that's something to do with the 10 day break.

I do hate to be one of the negative nobbers, but a draw last night wasn't good enough, it doesn't matter if the performance was better.

To an extent I agree. Before the game had this down as our most winnable game left. But sometimes you have to accept the oppo have a good half and you have to be reasonably happy with a point.

We've 8 games left at home. TBH if we keep being appalling at home, we've every chance of going down.That's really what we need to change. I see Sheff Utd as very winnable, Derby less so. I think after those 2 games I'll look back and consider if the Forest point was a good one, or whether it was a major screw up

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Feb 2018 11:51

Hound
genome
Hound But the effort levels were definitely vastly improved

I imagine that's something to do with the 10 day break.

I do hate to be one of the negative nobbers, but a draw last night wasn't good enough, it doesn't matter if the performance was better.

To an extent I agree. Before the game had this down as our most winnable game left. But sometimes you have to accept the oppo have a good half and you have to be reasonably happy with a point.

We've 8 games left at home. TBH if we keep being appalling at home, we've every chance of going down.That's really what we need to change. I see Sheff Utd as very winnable, Derby less so. I think after those 2 games I'll look back and consider if the Forest point was a good one, or whether it was a major screw up

Yeah, you're right, it is dependent on the next few results. But Birmingham, Burton, Millwall, and Brentford were all winnable and we lost every one. Of course it's possible we'll win, but I'm struggling to see it happening. I guess the season is starting to get to me... :cry:

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 21 Feb 2018 12:01

A point gained is a point closer to staying up. I’d take a point on Saturday too. I know we need more, but at the moment some points are better than none. Lets just hope Saturday is as surprising as Derby away......

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Feb 2018 12:12

Kitsondinho A point gained is a point closer to staying up. I’d take a point on Saturday too. I know we need more, but at the moment some points are better than none. Lets just hope Saturday is as surprising as Derby away......

Exactly.

I don't see what the problem is? Can someone possibly tell me?

Last night we:
- extended our lead over Hull by a point
- extended our lead over Birmingham by a point
- maintained a vast goal difference (as much as 9 goals) above 5 of the 6 teams we sit higher than.

I too would take a point on Saturday, but we can afford to lose it. Birmingham are playing Barnsley as well so someone is guaranteed to drop points.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Feb 2018 12:13

Please just stop posting

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 21 Feb 2018 12:24

genome Please just stop posting

Why should he stop posting, genome? He is stating the facts going forward.

(Oh, and can you 'please stop posting' about the loss to Burton? It happened, (in Dec!), get over it, and move on.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 21 Feb 2018 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Feb 2018 12:28

Because his trolling (which is what I assume he's doing) is irritating. And if it happens that he's not trolling, he keeps posting the same delusional stuff without actually bothering to properly address the counter arguments.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 21 Feb 2018 12:38

genome Because his trolling (which is what I assume he's doing) is irritating. And if it happens that he's not trolling, he keeps posting the same delusional stuff without actually bothering to properly address the counter arguments.

I was talking about his post you responded to?

'Last night we:
- maintained a vast goal difference (as much as 9 goals) above 5 of the 6 teams we sit higher than.

I too would take a point on Saturday, but we can afford to lose it. Birmingham are playing Barnsley as well so someone is guaranteed to drop points.'

Sorry man, but it was factual, and not delusional. And, it was also positive.

(Continuing to dwell on the Burton defeat, however, is negative and, well, irritating :wink: )

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 21 Feb 2018 12:46

Hound one thing I thought with the passing - I didn't think the pitch was brilliant - as you'd expect in the middle of February

I do wonder about the logic of spending 5 days training on what were no doubt pristine pitches in the south of Spain, when they are pretty much nothing like the conditions you are facing when you come back to Britain.

+1 valid observation, I can only imagine the get-away was planned in advance and was non-refundable !

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Feb 2018 12:53

Denver Royal
genome Because his trolling (which is what I assume he's doing) is irritating. And if it happens that he's not trolling, he keeps posting the same delusional stuff without actually bothering to properly address the counter arguments.

I was talking about his post you responded to?

'Last night we:

I too would take a point on Saturday, but we can afford to lose it. Birmingham are playing Barnsley as well so someone is guaranteed to drop points.'

Sorry man, but it was factual, and not delusional. And, it was also positive.

(Continuing to dwell on the Burton defeat, however, is negative and, well, irritating :wink: )

Anyone can post stats - it's what he continues to infer (that we aren't, or won't be in trouble) that is what is delusional.

Don't get me wrong, I like positivity, he's just constantly saying we aren't in trouble and when someone calls him out, he just sticks his fingers in his ears or ignores the counter-arguments completely. I mean, he predicted a win yesterday, saying "I have absolutely no doubt we'll win tonight" and then said his prediction was "near-perfect" when we drew :lol:

I'm fairly sure he's just trolling.

Anyway, re: the Burton defeat. I mentioned it once as part of a string of results with a valid point in doing so. You've now mentioned it more than I have on this thread...

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Feb 2018 12:54

I aldo thought the crowd wasn't awful considering all things. Certainly wasnt as toxic as I was expecting.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Feb 2018 12:54

Hound OP seems a fairer reflection of the game than a lot on the other thread

2 points dropped being as we were 1 up, but Forest would have felt hard done by if they’d lost

I thought we looked a lot more positive and aggressive. Obvs we were far from perfect, the passing was poor at times, but not a disaster

Sadly the late soft equaliser and weak second half performance will undo anything positive from having improved a little on recent results and performances.

biff

by biff » 21 Feb 2018 12:58

Absolutely pipsqueak second half performance makes a mockery of the confidence building INTENSIVE PRODUCTIVE Spain trip. Looked like strangers after an decent/average first half.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Feb 2018 13:05

Since the run up to Burton A we've needed a point a game to be reasonably confident of staying up.

In that time we have played 4, won 1, drawn 1 and lost 2. That's a point a game, so we're on track. Ideally we'd be ahead as the next few are tricky, but a win in any of our next three does the job and every draw helps towards getting there too.

We've had some surprising wins and I don't see why we couldn't get another. We were pretty poor in the autumn and then went on a brief run of promotion form. That's not impossible to happen again.

It's worrying, but there's no doom yet. Especially with other results not hurting us yet.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Feb 2018 13:11

Snowflake Royal Since the run up to Burton A we've needed a point a game to be reasonably confident of staying up.

In that time we have played 4, won 1, drawn 1 and lost 2. That's a point a game, so we're on track. Ideally we'd be ahead as the next few are tricky, but a win in any of our next three does the job and every draw helps towards getting there too.

We've had some surprising wins and I don't see why we couldn't get another. We were pretty poor in the autumn and then went on a brief run of promotion form. That's not impossible to happen again.

It's worrying, but there's no doom yet. Especially with other results not hurting us yet.

A oxf*rd men.

Is this trolling then Genome?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Feb 2018 13:16

No, I don't think Snowflake is trolling. It's nice to know you need someone else to make your arguments for you, though.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 21 Feb 2018 13:28

There is clear difference between the same argument. 1 saying there is absolutely nothing to worry about and we should not have been worrying ever. The other pointing out that the results are crap but we are slowly getting over the line, but we pull some results out of somewhere.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Feb 2018 13:31

Coppells Lost Coat There is clear difference between the same argument. 1 saying there is absolutely nothing to worry about and we should not have been worrying ever. The other pointing out that the results are crap but we are slowly getting over the line, but we pull some results out of somewhere.

Either it's the same argument or it's different? Make up your mind.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Feb 2018 13:43

Coppells Lost Coat There is clear difference between the same argument. 1 saying there is absolutely nothing to worry about and we should not have been worrying ever. The other pointing out that the results are crap but we are slowly getting over the line, but we pull some results out of somewhere.

Two matches ago you could get 7/1 8/1 9/1 for Reading to be relegated (and I was tempted!)

Since then, despite playing one game less than our rivals, our points/GD position has improved
relative to most of them. Sunderland look doomed already, Barnsley are in real danger and to start getting
out of danger they need points in their next two games (both against relegation-threatened teams)
so either they are going to look "almost done for" or they will have seriously hurt two of the other
relegation teams. That's all good. Even if these are draws, it's not CRITICAL.

Burton may, MAY, be about to go on a run, but all they've actually done is to beat one relegation side and draw with another,
so that's wait and see.

If we were 9/1 we should be 12/1 now.

Just checked and for some unknowable reason the odds have come down (although one bookie has 12/1)

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 21 Feb 2018 14:28

John Smith

Either it's the same argument or it's different? Make up your mind.

Last night we - A -gained one point OR B - dropped 2 points. It is the exact same result but explained differently.
It is the magic of football, it splits opinions and even though I agree that we shouldn't worry about relegation but I also believe there is a twist this season that could come bite us.