BFTG Forest (A)

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Forest (A)

by John Smith » 21 Feb 2018 14:35

Coppells Lost Coat
John Smith
Coppells Lost Coat There is clear difference between the same argument. 1 saying there is absolutely nothing to worry about and we should not have been worrying ever. The other pointing out that the results are crap but we are slowly getting over the line, but we pull some results out of somewhere.

Either it's the same argument or it's different? Make up your mind.

Last night we - A -gained one point OR B - dropped 2 points. It is the exact same result but explained differently.
It is the magic of football, it splits opinions and even though I agree that we shouldn't worry about relegation but I also believe there is a twist this season that could come bite us.

Well that's not true is it. We didn't drop points to our rivals. A point from the draw still gave us an increase in the gap between us and the teams below us. In addition to an already superior goal difference to 5/6 teams below us. I am only stating facts - they are there if you open your eyes.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 21 Feb 2018 14:51

John Smith
Coppells Lost Coat
John Smith Either it's the same argument or it's different? Make up your mind.

Last night we - A -gained one point OR B - dropped 2 points. It is the exact same result but explained differently.
It is the magic of football, it splits opinions and even though I agree that we shouldn't worry about relegation but I also believe there is a twist this season that could come bite us.

Well that's not true is it. We didn't drop points to our rivals. A point from the draw still gave us an increase in the gap between us and the teams below us. In addition to an already superior goal difference to 5/6 teams below us. I am only stating facts - they are there if you open your eyes.

Who mentioned our rivals or goal difference? Oh yeah just you.
We gained one point and we dropped 2 points due to being ahead and conceding late on - which is a fact.
As i said, football splits opinions which is also a fact.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Feb 2018 15:32

John Smith We didn't drop points to our rivals. A point from the draw still gave us an increase in the gap between us and the teams below us.

Bolton and Burton both gained 2 points on us. The gap to the bottom 3 remains the same, not increased.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Feb 2018 16:29

Denver Royal
genome Because his trolling (which is what I assume he's doing) is irritating. And if it happens that he's not trolling, he keeps posting the same delusional stuff without actually bothering to properly address the counter arguments.

I was talking about his post you responded to?

'Last night we:
- extended our lead over Hull by a point
- extended our lead over Birmingham by a point
- maintained a vast goal difference (as much as 9 goals) above 5 of the 6 teams we sit higher than.

I too would take a point on Saturday, but we can afford to lose it. Birmingham are playing Barnsley as well so someone is guaranteed to drop points.'

Sorry man, but it was factual, and not delusional. And, it was also positive.

(Continuing to dwell on the Burton defeat, however, is negative and, well, irritating :wink: )

This is insanity.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 21 Feb 2018 20:10

Its a shame this thread is not left to those who actually went. I read it for a hands on view but it seems to have been taken over be those that weren't there.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Feb 2018 20:10

John Smith
Coppells Lost Coat There is clear difference between the same argument. 1 saying there is absolutely nothing to worry about and we should not have been worrying ever. The other pointing out that the results are crap but we are slowly getting over the line, but we pull some results out of somewhere.

Either it's the same argument or it's different? Make up your mind.

I'm not saying there's nothing to worry about for a start. There's plenty to worry about. It's just not panic stations and certain doom.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 21 Feb 2018 20:29

I thought this was a much improved performance in the first half and that a draw was a good result for us here. This performance, added to the fightback at Boro, suggests to me we can now improve our home form and stay up.

Massively enjoyed the first half, with us playing the better football and the Forest fans getting on the backs of their own seemingly hapless team as well as the ref. It was a shame to concede one in the second half, but we deserved the draw--some good tackling and dispossessing throughout.

Fascinated watching two players, Richards and Martin:

Richards put in a hell of an entertaining performance, not only frustrating Forest's right side attack but also Forest fans. But the longer the game went on, he became more stretched and resorted increasingly to wild bundling, pulling, and fouling, to the point where I started worrying he might give away a penalty or get sent off. Proper spirit though and great to hear the crowd (who gave it a good go, unlike the funeral party at Boro) singing "One of our own". Promising product.

I thought Martin was an improvement on Bodvarssen, who bobs about without really doing any tackling, I've noticed. Martin put himself about like a lurching rhino and kept interfering with Forest's attempts to bring the ball out. But he looks overweight to me and entirely lacking in pace. Nonetheless, he potentially has more goals in him than the present version of Jan.

McCleary failed to impress when he came on. He must be badly hampered by the cumulative effect of injuries, because all he does when he gets the ball wide now is receive it statically and look for a cross-field pass.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 21 Feb 2018 20:39

paddy20 Its a shame this thread is not left to those who actually went. I read it for a hands on view but it seems to have been taken over be those that weren't there.

The people who went are more positive than the people who didn't. The first half, we were proper decent, I tell no lie. Fuel for optimism.
Last edited by facaldaqui on 21 Feb 2018 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Feb 2018 20:42

Well said, good point.

Forgive them their itchy fingers and “expertise”

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 21 Feb 2018 23:48

facaldaqui
paddy20 Its a shame this thread is not left to those who actually went. I read it for a hands on view but it seems to have been taken over be those that weren't there.

The people who went are more positive than the people who didn't. The first half, we were proper decent, I tell no lie. Fuel for optimism.

Yep that's the way I felt coming away after the game, the team seemed to be together and playing for each other. In previous games we've simply surrendered but here they pulled together and earned, what was for me, a decent point away from home.

I just hope they can show the same heart on Saturday,

Forest were abysmal 1st half, sat off us and as a result we were comfortable, 2nd half they pushed on us more and also targeted Richards who did had a bit of a weird game. His goal was well taken and the clearance off the line was brilliant but in possession he repeatedly dwelt on the ball and got overrun too many times, one of which cost him a booking. That said, I hope Stam perseveres with him as it does give us better balance (and frees up Bacuna to play in midfield), he needs game time to learn.

Someone said that Martin had a bit of attitude and was lazy, well trust me that's complete bollocks as he worked really hard right to the end, chasing down defenders and fighting for possession - he isn't going to beat anyone over 5 yards but I didn't think he was as quick as he showed once he got going.

PS thinking about it was the reason that Martin got the whole 90 because he can't play Saturday.

Delboy

by Delboy » 22 Feb 2018 06:59

Just cheered myself up by watching a replay of the Fulham at home play off game , what an atmosphere . 8 home games left , forget Stam back The boys

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Feb 2018 21:06

Check out Mr Primary sources over here.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Feb 2018 22:40

Coppells Lost Coat
John Smith
Coppells Lost Coat

We gained one point and we dropped 2 points due to being ahead and conceding late on - which is a fact.

Actually NO. Points are awarded after the game, so we gained a point.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 26 Feb 2018 09:33

Snowball
Coppells Lost Coat
John Smith Well that's not true is it. We didn't drop points to our rivals. A point from the draw still gave us an increase in the gap between us and the teams below us. In addition to an already superior goal difference to 5/6 teams below us. I am only stating facts - they are there if you open your eyes.

Actually NO. Points are awarded after the game, so we gained a point.

It is a well used phrase in football guys, chill out.

It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:49