MATCHWATCH : Derby County (h) sponsored by When Saturday Comes

134 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Derby County (h) sponsored by When Saturday Comes

by Hendo » 24 Feb 2018 17:40

Entertaining game. Good point, which I would’ve taken at the start of the game. Poor defending from both sides, but I guess that’s what makes entertaining football games. Looked decent going forward and created some good chances.

Coming from behind twice will give them the confidence that they actually can do it if they let one in, which they haven’t looked like doing for the majority of the season.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Feb 2018 17:42

alfie9 We're going down

Cheers Alfie, take it you weren`t there today? on that performance there are most difinately at least 3 teams worse than us, if Derby are 4th hope springs erternally.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Feb 2018 17:46

Hendo
Sutekh
Royalwaster First time all season that we've conceded more than 2 goals?

Cup. Lost 3-1 at Wednesday.

Aye, but haven’t lost by more than 2.

Shhh!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Feb 2018 17:54

If we can win Tuesday (I know) it`s a 7 point gap from the drop zone.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Feb 2018 18:08

windermereROYAL If we can win Tuesday (I know) it`s a 7 point gap from the drop zone.

We really have to aim to win that one. Sheff Utd are no great shakes and we seem to have a bit of something about us again. Would be a huge 3 points

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Feb 2018 18:14

Tiago Illori should be arrested for crimes against defending.

All in all a better home display with much improved entertainment value.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 24 Feb 2018 18:32

Says something when we're happy with a home point, 3-3, 0-0 no difference, will we ever win game again ?

alfie9

by alfie9 » 24 Feb 2018 18:39

windermereROYAL
alfie9 We're going down

Cheers Alfie, take it you weren`t there today? on that performance there are most difinately at least 3 teams worse than us, if Derby are 4th hope springs erternally.

I definitely overreacted but I'm so jaded from not winning at home. The goals we conceded today were so poor

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Feb 2018 18:40

Gunny Fishcake Says something when we're happy with a home point, 3-3, 0-0 no difference, will we ever win game again ?

Yeah, it's dreadful coming from behind twice to draw against a team in the top six when our home form is abysmal.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 24 Feb 2018 18:52

Snowflake Royal
Gunny Fishcake Says something when we're happy with a home point, 3-3, 0-0 no difference, will we ever win game again ?

Yeah, it's dreadful coming from behind twice to draw against a team in the top six when our home form is abysmal.

Yes it is , Stam will no doubt be happy

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 24 Feb 2018 21:04

windermereROYAL
alfie9 We're going down

Why would THAT performance change anything? There is no consistency in the team or the management. We could well get beaten Tuesday and be rubbish.....that's how most of the patterns have been this season. If we were mid table and we had games like that for a lot of the season I would be quite happy. Sadly we are still 4 points from safety and can afford no more f*ck ups, otherwise we will be right in thee mix.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Feb 2018 21:15

Ascotexgunner
windermereROYAL
alfie9 We're going down

Why would THAT performance change anything? There is no consistency in the team or the management. We could well get beaten Tuesday and be rubbish.....that's how most of the patterns have been this season. If we were mid table and we had games like that for a lot of the season I would be quite happy. Sadly we are still 4 points from safety and can afford no more f*ck ups, otherwise we will be right in thee mix.

Er... by literal definition of being 4 points ahead we can afford at least two more 'oxf*rd ups' like Derby.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 24 Feb 2018 21:18

Gunny Fishcake
Snowflake Royal

I thought you might be too, given that you predicted a loss.
It's a funny thing, though. It's those that predict defeats that are usually the most unhappy.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Feb 2018 11:11

Denver Royal
Gunny Fishcake
Snowflake Royal Yeah, it's dreadful coming from behind twice to draw against a team in the top six when our home form is abysmal.

It's a funny thing, though. It's those that predict defeats that are usually the most unhappy.

Is that so?

Show me evidence that backs that outrageous statement.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 25 Feb 2018 12:08

Denver Royal
Gunny Fishcake
Snowflake Royal Yeah, it's dreadful coming from behind twice to draw against a team in the top six when our home form is abysmal.

Thank you Miss Marple, I'm not unhappy , I want my team to win , it's actually the future of the club that upsets me more than this season.

The prediction league is good fun , sorry for having some light relief during this crap season

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 25 Feb 2018 12:16

Hound Shows the small margins in the division that a very basic Derby side are 4th. Team of old fat slow cloggers

I thought that too. Was utterly unimpressed by Cardiff too when they came here. Villa were poor too and we gave Wolves a good ol game as well. It’s the lower teams who just come for the point that have been our undoing this season ( together with our inane ability for a defensive ricket)

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 25 Feb 2018 12:20

Gunny Fishcake
Denver Royal
Gunny Fishcake

It's actually the future of the club that upsets me more than this season.

How do you mean? On the field? Off it? Assuming we stay up, not too much will have changed long term, will it?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 25 Feb 2018 14:23

According to Get Reading, Gary Rowlett is not happy with the ref (among other things). he says the Red card should not have been a Red as the ref. was swayed by the Reading bench jumping up as if somebody had been critically injured. Kelly's goal should never have been allowed as just before it should have been a Derby throw in, not Readings. Anyone who was there, care to comment?

He also said they are conceding silly goals from open play! Join the club Mr. Rowlett, mind you he did not mention the three silly goals we gave away, though.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Feb 2018 14:28

Can’t really argue that much with the red - just a really shit tackle - studs showing, 2 feet.

One of those that may have been given a yellow but certainly not a poor decision

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Feb 2018 14:31

The Royal Forester According to Get Reading, Gary Rowlett is not happy with the ref (among other things). he says the Red card should not have been a Red as the ref. was swayed by the Reading bench jumping up as if somebody had been critically injured. Kelly's goal should never have been allowed as just before it should have been a Derby throw in, not Readings. Anyone who was there, care to comment?

He also said they are conceding silly goals from open play! Join the club Mr. Rowlett, mind you he did not mention the three silly goals we gave away, though.

He's probably not happy that you don't know what his name is.

134 posts