BFTG - Derby

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Derby

by muirinho » 24 Feb 2018 22:28

Zip Illori was at fault for two of the goals. Not sure whose poor header directly put us in trouble for their second goal.If that was Illori then he had a hat rick of assists for Derby. Not good enough.

Yep, it was Ilori, he had a bit of a horror show today.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Feb 2018 22:51

muirinho
Zip Illori was at fault for two of the goals. Not sure whose poor header directly put us in trouble for their second goal.If that was Illori then he had a hat rick of assists for Derby. Not good enough.

Yep, it was Ilori, he had a bit of a horror show today.

Gave the free kick away as well in the first place

Tbf, he was possibly our best player vs Forest. He did some good stuff as well and we are a lot better building from the back with him there as he can pass it at speed

But it was a very bad day at the office for him - hopefully he can forget it and move on from Tuesday onwards as we need him at his best

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 24 Feb 2018 23:49

Hound But it was a very bad day at the office for him - hopefully he can forget it and move on from Tuesday onwards as we need him at his best

With the only other option being Blackett. Who isn't a fans favourite either. Little point in destroying Llori's confidence as well.

Lack of defensive midfield cover is a concern. Even today when the going got tough. Kelly disappeared. Was Aluko that was dropping back. Shame Evans wasn't available today.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 25 Feb 2018 00:13

FiNeRaIn Says it all about how far we have fallen that people are celebrating a point at home against a ten men Derby team that has been about the same level as us for the last decade. Jesus christ people, whilst its not a disastrous result and there is some merit in coming from behind twice, our defending looked laughably bad again and we haven't won at home since the 28th of November.

10 man Derby team?

You twat...

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 25 Feb 2018 00:22

Lower West Little point in destroying Llori's confidence as well.

Well, kind of. Yet, if his confidence is being destroyed, he might be in the wrong station. It's not for everyone. I'll give him more time, but there's little room for sentiment. I hate cliches, but its fine margins, and we don't make the rules. Morrison,Bamba, et al, are kicking ass and taking names at the back. And, they score goals.

Lliori came from a higher level than we're at, so I don't see the need for kid gloves. What I saw today, with everyone busting a gut, it was horrendous. As I said, the ball was following him a around, reckon he was hoping we didn't score a 4th. Hoping he kicks on from here, and he needs to...
Last edited by Denver Royal on 25 Feb 2018 00:50, edited 1 time in total.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 25 Feb 2018 00:45

Barrow yet again putting in a wonderful performance, he’s been fantastic, one of the few shining lights in a horrible season. Equivalent to 4 wins should be enough to keep us up so staying up is a probability at this point

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Feb 2018 01:20

Denver Royal
FiNeRaIn Says it all about how far we have fallen that people are celebrating a point at home against a ten men Derby team that has been about the same level as us for the last decade. Jesus christ people, whilst its not a disastrous result and there is some merit in coming from behind twice, our defending looked laughably bad again and we haven't won at home since the 28th of November.

Derby were 10 men for 5 mins. Of course, you knew that.

We're aware of our home record. How? Because we are anyway. And if we weren't, we could look it up.

Anyway, you've mentioned out record a few times already.

FiNeRaIn Another game without a win at home.

FiNeRaIn Haven’t won at home in the league since November 28th. That is appalling.

Right, so either, A) You think reading comprehension isn't our strong suit in here, or B) You like flooding this place with your negativity, and visiting it on everyone else, without any conscience or regard whatsoever.

Again, we are well aware of our record. And if we're not, we can look it up. (Tough concept to grasp, I know.) We can discuss our season record any time, and Stam, but this thread is about the Derby game. As such...

Questions: Who do you think played well today? Did you like Stam's lineup at the outset?

Question - where do you live?
Last edited by leon on 25 Feb 2018 01:23, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Feb 2018 01:21

Encouraged by that performance, if it weren’t for the shambolic defending then we would’ve won that comfortably.

Actually looking forward to Tuesday and seeing how we do. Play like that and we’ll win.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Feb 2018 01:26

leon
Denver Royal

We're aware of our home record. How? Because we are anyway. And if we weren't, we could look it up.

FiNeRaIn Another game without a win at home.

FiNeRaIn Haven’t won at home in the league since November 28th. That is appalling.

Right, so either, A) You think reading comprehension isn't our strong suit in here, or B) You like flooding this place with your negativity, and visiting it on everyone else, without any conscience or regard whatsoever.

Again, we are well aware of our record. And if we're not, we can look it up. (Tough concept to grasp, I know.) We can discuss our season record any time, and Stam, but this thread is about the Derby game. As such...

Questions: Who do you think played well today? Did you like Stam's lineup at the outset?

I’m gonna go with Denver

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 25 Feb 2018 01:30

genome
leon
Denver Royal

I’m gonna go with Denver

:lol:

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 25 Feb 2018 09:04

Another game where we’ve gifted away goals. Story of our seasons and similar to 3 or 4 seasons ago. We’ve had some horror performances this season but I don’t think we’re playing too badly in general. But we do run out of steam a bit and our midfield movement dries up. It was better yesterday without Joey in midfield tbh

Ilori was great up at Forest but didn’t play well yesterday. However Mannone didn’t help him on a few occasions with those goal kicks. Ilori should look to dribble out with the ball or hit it longer a bit more often.

I just don’t understand why Aluko plays so narrow. Against forest he played much wider and was better than yesterday. We looked a lot more dangerous with McCleary playing wide and link8ng up with his old mate Gunter.

Please that Jon Dadi scored again. That’s another finish from inside the 6 yard box.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Feb 2018 09:18

Denver Royal Aluko was ok I thought. Nothing special, but not as bad as some are saying.

Ilori was just ridiculous. End of. You simply cannot play like that as a central defender in this div. Period. I'm not his biggest fan to begin with, so I try to be objective, but that was shameful. Absolutely cost us the win today. I was actually worried we'd score a 4th, only for him to then have another drama again. I'm not yet even sure what his position is, cos I'm not yet totally convinced it's center D in this league.

Bod was Bod. Hustles, but is limited. Doesn't play anything like his listed height, and is too often a spectator and in their back pocket when it's in the air

Said it b4, but Bacuna flatters to deceive in midfield. I think some are realizing why he's been played at FB a bit. He showed some flashes, but manager's can't seem to get in his head and get the best out of him.

Denver would agree with some of what you said but would pull you up a little on the above

I think what maybe you don’t see assuming you are watching a stream is just how much Aluko’s positioning affects the balance of the team. This is my massive issue with him and plenty see it. He is literally treading on Kelly’s toes and takes away all the width on the right and leaves Gunter to work that entire flank on his own. We looked massively better when GMac (who hopefully showed some signs of a return to form) came on. Aluko is utterly pointless if he is just clogging up CM. In fact it’s detrimental as another body in there just slows us down. Whether that’s him or Stam’s instruction we don’t know

Re: Bacuna, I think you’ve taken a quote from Bruce and run with it too far. Seen no signs of a poor attitude - in fact quite the opposite. Seems happy to do whatever asked of him to a good level. He takes risks, but at the same time makes things happen. I’d say he does the opposite of flattering to deceive, as he gives us a tempo we don’t have with Joey in there. If you watch Dadi’s fluffed chance from yesterday you can see what Bacuna brings - pacey passing and a good eye for a through ball. Not everything comes off but he wouldn’t be here if it did

Wouldn’t disagree massively on Bod but he did ok in the air against two big experience lumps. Note he won the header to set up our equaliser

And I do think you’re being a bit harsh on Ilori. He should and must do better than yesterday but I do think it was a relatively rare poor game from him. As said, he was excellent the game before and needs to get this one out of his head

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 25 Feb 2018 09:33

Enjoyed that immensely. A screamer of a goal from Kelly, Richards looks promising, Barrow was tireless, couple of good saves from Mannone, Gunter his usual commitment and energy, nice to see Swift return, albeit a bit of a cameo role, came back from behind twice. Yes, Ilori had a shocker and it would have been great to snatch the win, but let's celebrate a great effort from the team and a very enjoyable afternoon's entertainment. Will have helped confidence to score 3 times and not concede late. Onwards to survival.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Feb 2018 10:06

genome
leon
Denver Royal

I’m gonna go with Denver

Im not.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Feb 2018 10:09

Lower West
Hound But it was a very bad day at the office for him - hopefully he can forget it and move on from Tuesday onwards as we need him at his best

With the only other option being Blackett. Who isn't a fans favourite either. Little point in destroying Llori's confidence as well.

Lack of defensive midfield cover is a concern. Even today when the going got tough. Kelly disappeared. Was Aluko that was dropping back. Shame Evans wasn't available today.

I'm warning you I will get very upset if you call him Llori again. We settled this when we signed him. It's Ilori with an I.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Feb 2018 10:14

Hound
Denver Royal Aluko was ok I thought. Nothing special, but not as bad as some are saying.

Ilori was just ridiculous. End of. You simply cannot play like that as a central defender in this div. Period. I'm not his biggest fan to begin with, so I try to be objective, but that was shameful. Absolutely cost us the win today. I was actually worried we'd score a 4th, only for him to then have another drama again. I'm not yet even sure what his position is, cos I'm not yet totally convinced it's center D in this league.

Bod was Bod. Hustles, but is limited. Doesn't play anything like his listed height, and is too often a spectator and in their back pocket when it's in the air

Said it b4, but Bacuna flatters to deceive in midfield. I think some are realizing why he's been played at FB a bit. He showed some flashes, but manager's can't seem to get in his head and get the best out of him.

Denver would agree with some of what you said but would pull you up a little on the above

I think what maybe you don’t see assuming you are watching a stream is just how much Aluko’s positioning affects the balance of the team. This is my massive issue with him and plenty see it. He is literally treading on Kelly’s toes and takes away all the width on the right and leaves Gunter to work that entire flank on his own. We looked massively better when GMac (who hopefully showed some signs of a return to form) came on. Aluko is utterly pointless if he is just clogging up CM. In fact it’s detrimental as another body in there just slows us down. Whether that’s him or Stam’s instruction we don’t know

Re: Bacuna, I think you’ve taken a quote from Bruce and run with it too far. Seen no signs of a poor attitude - in fact quite the opposite. Seems happy to do whatever asked of him to a good level. He takes risks, but at the same time makes things happen. I’d say he does the opposite of flattering to deceive, as he gives us a tempo we don’t have with Joey in there. If you watch Dadi’s fluffed chance from yesterday you can see what Bacuna brings - pacey passing and a good eye for a through ball. Not everything comes off but he wouldn’t be here if it did

Wouldn’t disagree massively on Bod but he did ok in the air against two big experience lumps. Note he won the header to set up our equaliser

And I do think you’re being a bit harsh on Ilori. He should and must do better than yesterday but I do think it was a relatively rare poor game from him. As said, he was excellent the game before and needs to get this one out of his head

So in other words you disagree with everything he’s just written.

:lol:

Aluko is poor. What a waste of money.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Feb 2018 14:25

Ha, mostly. Took the bits out I did agree with (ie a couple of lines)

RegularRoyal

by RegularRoyal » 25 Feb 2018 15:11

Whilst not trying to excuse our usual cr*p defending, we were a tad unlucky with all 3 goals we conceded. The first was a deflection off the keeper that went straight to their goalscorer. The 2nd was a header away which managed to hit the back of one of our own player's head and bounce back straight to one of their's. The third was a tackle by Illori which then bounced back off their player.

Last season, all of those deflections would have fallen our way. On the other hand, two of our goals were excellent pieces of play.

None of this excuses the lacklustre displays we've dished up for much of the season, but at last there was some decent attacking play and a genuine bit of desire from the players.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 25 Feb 2018 15:11

First time in ages coming from a Reading game that I thoroughly enjoyed. Liam Kelly was back to how he was last season putting in real effort and a great goal. Barrow looked a real lively winger and nice finish. Thought Ilori has a shocker, has had a pretty awful season. Don't think much of Clement but everyone else was ok with a good goal from Bod. We are still only 4 points from safety but Tuesday looks very interesting as if we get 3 goals against Sheff United I would hope we would win it.
Lastly, the fans were fantastic yesterday and really got behind the team

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Feb 2018 15:21

Upon watching the highlights, that first goal is as bad as it looked watching live, not looking he just hooks the ball across our own box, very poor decision making.